Link

Social

Embed

Download

Download
Download Transcript

[00:00:02]

>> GOOD MORNING. WE'RE GOING TO CALL THE CITY OF

[CALL TO ORDER]

ABILENE BOARD OF STANDARDS MEETING TO ORDER.

FOR JANUARY THE 6TH OF 2020. FIRST ORDER OF BUSINESS IS TO

[MINUTES]

REVIEW AND POTENTIALLY APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE LAST MEETING

FROM DECEMBER THE 2ND. >> I MOVE WE ACCEPT THEM

>> I SECOND. >> WE HAVE A MOTION AND A SECOND TO APPROVE THE MINUTES OF THE DECEMBER 2ND MEETING.

ROLL CALL, PLEASE. >> WHO WAS THE SECOND IN

>> MR. WEBB. >> MR. WEBB.

>> SORRY ABOUT THAT. MY LIPS MOVED.

>> DR. PIERCE, AYE. MR. WEBB.

>> THERE SHROEDER >> YES.

MRFRJTS MCCOLLUM >> MOTION PASSING.

>> MR. TURNER. >> OH MR. TURNER I'M SORRY.

>> YES. >> MOTION PASSES

>> THANK YOU. AND ALL CASES EXCEPT FOR SPECIFICALLY STATED OTHERWISE, BUILDINGS MUST BE SECURED AND LOT CLEAN ASK MODE MODE WITH THE OWNER WITHIN TEN DAYS RECEIVING NTICE OF THIS HEARING IF THIS DONE AT AT THE MAY BILL THE OWNER. IN CASE BOARD ORDERS THE OWNER TO DEMOLISH A STRUCTURE OR STRUCTURES, THAT OWNER FAILS TO DEMOLISH OR APPEAL THE BOARD'S ORDER THE CITY MAY DEMOLISH.

ANY APPEAL MUST BE FILED IN DISTRICT COURT WITHIN 30 CALENDAR DAYS AFTER THE AGREED PARTY RECEIVED NOTICE OF BOARD'S DECISION. AT THE HEARING YOU SHOULD BE PREPARED TO PRESENT THE FOLLOWING INFORMATION.

SPECIFIC TIME FRAME NEEDED TO COMPLETE THE REPAIRS, SPECIFIC SCOPE OF REPAIR WORK TO BE COMPLETED, PROCESS OF THE WORK TO BE DONE BY A LICENSE BONDED CONTRACTORS SUCH AN ELECTRICAL PLUMBING OR HEATING AND AIR CONDITIONING CONTRACTORS.

YOU HAVE THE RIGHT TO THE HIRE AN ATTORNEY TO REPRESENT YOU AT THE HEARING THE RIGHT TO THE INSPECT THE PROPERTY OFFICE OF PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT SERVICES PRIOR TO THE HEARING, AND AT RIGHT TO REQUEST PRESENCE OF CITY STAFF FOR PURPOSE OF QUESTIONING AT THE HEARING. ANYONE WISHING TO SPEAK TODAY BEFORE THE BOARD NEEDS TO RAISE YOUR RIGHT HAND AND WE WILL SWEAR YOU IN HAS. ALL WISHING TO SPEAK RAISE YOUR RIGHT HAND DO YOU SWEAR AFFIRM TESTIMONY YOU SHALL GIVE IN HEARING WILL BE TRUTH, WHOLE TRUTH AND NOTHING BUT THE TRUTH? THANK YOU. JUST WREAK TURN IT OVER TO STAFF TO PRESENT THE FIRST CASES FOR OUR REVIEW THIS MORNING.

>> GOOD MORNING. COMMUNITY ENHANCEMENT PROGRAM.

SO WE'VE GOT TWO CASES ON OUR AGENDA TODAY.

THIS IS A PUBLIC NOTICE THAT SENT IN HAS POSTED FOR TODAY'S

[3.A. Case for Rehabilitation, Demolition or Civil Penalties - Case No. 20-00431: 1326 Burger St. (CRESCENT HEIGHTS, BLOCK A, LOT 4), Owner: Marshall, Robert Ondra]

MEETING. OUR FIRST ITEM ON THE AGENDA IS ITEM 3A CASE NUMBER 20-00431, LOCATED AT 1326 BURGER STREET.

THE RECORDS SHOW COUNTY RECORDS IS ROBERT ANDRE MARSHAL AS THE OWNER. TAYLOR COUNTY SHOW ROBERT ANDRE MARSHAL TO BE THE OWNER. SECRETARY OF STATE THE SHOWS NO ENTITY UNDER THIS NAME. TAX RECORDS MUNICIPALITY ARE NOT APPLICABLE. UTILITY RECORDS OF MUNICIPALITY THIS WAS A DEPARTMENT NOTICE POST ORDER ON STRUCTURE TORE TODAY'S MEETING. THIS IS FRONT EAST SIDE OF THE STRUCTURE. THIS WAS A STRUCTURE FIRE THAT WAS REPORTED BACK IN JULY OF 2018.

THIS IS A NORTH SIDE OF THE STRUCTURE.

THIS IS THE WEST SIDE OF THE STRUCTURE.

AND THIS IS SOUTH SIDE OF THE STRUCTURE.

THIS IS AN EXTERIOR DAMAGE THAT WAS DONE TO THE GARAGE, THIS AN ACCESSORY GARAGE THAT WAS ADDED IN AND WASN'T INITIALLY PART OF THE ORIGINAL STRUCTURE. SO THERE IS A BARRIER THERE BETWEEN THE GARAGE AND THE MAIN STRUCTURE.

THIS IS INTERIOR FIRE DAMAGE THAT WAS SUSTAINED IN THE

[00:05:03]

GARAGE. AND THIS IS THE INTERIOR OF THE MAIN STRUCTURE. THIS IS ROOM THAT WAS RIGHT NEXT TO THE ROOM THAT CAUGHT FIRE. YOU SEE THERE'S MINIMAL SMOKE DAMAGE. THIS IS INTERIOR CEILING DAMAGE THAT WAS DONE TO PUT OUT THE FIRE.

AND THESE ARE SOME INTERIOR PLUMBING ISSUES IN THE MAIN STRUCTURE. SO AT THE TIME OF EVENT CASE WAS ORIGINALLY OPENED IN DECEMBER 21ST, 2018, FOR DILAPIDATED STRUCTURE DUE TO FIRE THAT OCCUR ON JULY 8, 2018.

PROPERTY WAS MOVED TO CONDEMNATION BUT DUE TO THE LACK OF PROGRESS BY OWNER YOU NOTICE WAS POSTED ON STRUCTURE.

THE CITY SENT THE UTILITY SHUT OFF REQUESTS FEBRUARY 21ST, 2020. INITIAL NOTICE IN THE LETTERS.

SEPTEMBER TWIFT, 2020 I MADE CONTACT WITH OF THE PROPERTY OWNER AT THE PROPERTY AND HE HAD SEEMED TO MISUNDERSTAND AND CONFUSION HE THOUGHT THAT EVERYTHING NEED NEEDED TO BE DONE IN 30 DAYS I WAS JUST KIND OF CONFUSED BY IT.

I EXPLAINED EVERYTHING TO HIM AND HOW THE PLAN OF ACTION AND THE PROCESS WORKED HE STATED HE WOULD COME IN TO GET ONE.

AND GET AT THE ACTION FILLED OUT ON 28TH, 2020 AN INDIVIDUAL WHO SAID HE WAS GOING TO BE HELPING OWNER WITH THE PROJECT CAME IN AND SAID HE GOT AT COPY PLAN OF ACTION I TOLD HIM HE NEEDED THAT AS SOON AS POSSIBLE HE SAID HE WOULD BE COMING IN TO PULL PERMIT AND ALSO RECEIVED AT BUILDING SFRRM TO GET PAPERWORK FILLED OUT. DECEMBER 1ST, 2020, DUE TO NO COMMUNICATION AND A NOTICE WAS POSTED TO ON STRUCTURE TO FOR JANUARY MEETING. DECEMBER 17TH, 2020, THE INDIVIDUAL STATED HE WAS GOING TO BE COMING TO HELP MR. MARSHAL WITH THE DEMOLITION. AND VRM GO BACK TO DECEMBER 15TH AS WELL, MR. MARSHAL HAS STATED THAT HE WANTED TO DEMOLISH THE STRUCTURE HE WAS JUST WANTING TO GET PERMITS FOR IT FOR THE DEMOLITION I EXPLAINED TO HIM WHAT HE NEEDED TO OH DO IN ORDER TO MAKE THAT HAPPEN. AS OF TODAY, THERE ARE NO PERMITS ON RECORD FOR DEMOLITION OR REPAIR.

>> SO PURSUANT TO CHAPTER 8 THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS AND IS INADEQUATE SANITATION. STRUCTURE HAZARDS, NUISANCE.

AND PLUMBING, AND STAFF RECOMMENDATION IS TO ORDER THE REPAIR 30 DAY TO OBTAIN PERMITS AND AN INCLUDING A REPAIR AND COST ESTIMATES.

IF THIS IS DONE 60 DAYS TO OBTAIN INSPECTION AND IF THIS IS DONE, OUR FINAL INSPECTION SHALL COMPLETED BY ASPIRATION OF OUR

PERMITS. >> THANK YOU MR. MORRIS.

ANYONE HAVE ANY QUESTIONS FOR STAFF? MR. MORRIS, HERE'S THIS TIMELINE.

THERE WAS A WHAT MORE THAN A YEAR THERE THAT NOTHING HAPPENED ON THIS? THERE'S NOTHING INDICATED THERE I THINK, I TAKE IT YOU WERE WORKING WITH THE OWNER TO GET SOMETHING DONE? AND THERE WAS NO PROGRESS MADE

>> THERE WAS INITIALLY OPEN BY ANOTHER CODE OFFICER FOR JUST A NUISANCE AND DILAPIDATED STRUCTURE VIOLATION AND IN FEBRUARY 2020 IT WAS PASSED ON TO MYSELF.

BUT YES TIMELINE STATED IS CORRECT.

OWNER HAS STATED THAT HE WILL COME IN AND A PULL PERMITS OR TRY TO GET RENOVATIONS DONE, BUT HE HASN'T REALLY DONE IT.

SO WE'VE TRIED TO WORK WITH HIM AND, WE'LL JUST DEALING WITH THE RECOMMENDATION ONE MORE CHANCE TO SEE IF HE WILL COME IN WITHIN THOSE 30S DAYS TO PULL AT LEAST A DEMOLITION PERMIT OR A BUILDING PERMIT, WHATEVER HE DECIDES

>> OKAY. THANK YOU.

>> UH-HUH. >> DID I HEAR YOU SAY THAT THAT HE, THE OWNER, WAS CONSIDERING DEMOLISHING IT HIMSELF?

>> YES, SIR. >> YOU SAY

>> ANY OTHER QUESTIONS? THANK YOU MR. MORRIS.

AT THIS TIME I WILL OPEN PUBLIC HEARING ON THIS.

ANYONE WISHING TO SPEAK ON THIS CASE PLEASE STEP FORWARD AND STATE YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS FOR THE RECORD, PLEASE.

SEEING NO ONE I WILL CLOSE AT PUBLIC HEARING FOR FURTHER DISCUSSION ON THIS OR RECOMMENDATION.

DO WE HAVE A MOTION? >> COULD YOU BRING UP THE RECOMM RECOMMENDATION, PLEASE?

>> THANKS. I MOVE TO ACCEPT THT STAFF

[00:10:01]

RECOMMENDATION AND ORDER OWNER TO REPAIR 30 DAYS TO OBTAIN PERMITS AND PROVIDE A PLAN OF ACTION TIME FRAME AND OCASIO-CORTEZ. IF DONE 60 DAYS TO INSPECTION AND IF ALL DONE FINAL INSPECTION COMPLETED ASPIRATION OF THE

PERMITS. >> I SECOND.

>> HAVE A MOTION AND A SECOND. FOLLOW THE STAFF RECOMMENDATION AS STATED BY MR. WEBB. ROLL CALL, PLEASE.

DR. PARIS? AYE.

>> MRR ALLRED >> YES.

MR. WEBB? >> YES.

MR. TURNER? >> YES.

MR. SHROEDER? >> YES.

MR. MCCOLLUM? >> YES.

POS MOTION PASSES

>> THANK YOU. THAT WILL COMPLETE THE FIRST CASE. THAT WILL MOVE US TO CASE

[3.B. Case for Rehabilitation, Demolition or Civil Penalties - Case No. 20-002280: 1431 S 6th (OT ABILENE, BLOCK 124,LOT W5 LTS 1 & 2 E40LTS 10,11,12& N150 OF ALLEY), Owner: Smith, Alton and Alicia]

20-002280. >> OUR NEXT ITEM 3 B CASE NUMBER 20S-002280 LOCATED AT 1431 SOUTH 6TH STREET.

THE RECORDS SHOWS ALTON. AND ALICIA SMITH.

SECRETARY OF STATE SHOWS NO ENTITY UNDER THIS SNAM.

TAX RECORDS ARE NOT APPLICABLE UTILITY RECORDS SHOWS INACTIVE SINCE JULY OF 2018. SEARCH RESULTS ALTON AND ALICIA SMITH TO BE THE OWNERS. THIS IS PUBLIC NOTICE POSTED ON THE STRUCTURE FOR TODAY'S MEETING.

THIS IS A NORTH SIDE OF FRONT NORTH SIDE OF THE STRUCTURE.

AND WEST SIDE OF THE STRUCTURE. AND THIS IS A SOUTH SIDE OF THE STRUCTURE. AND WE HAVE EAST SIDE OF THE STRUCTURE. THIS IS CURRENT CONDITION OF THE FOUNDATION RIGHT NOW OF THE STRUCTURE.

HERE WE GOT THE APPEARS TO BE THE EXTERIOR HAS YOU CAN SEE IT HAS A RUBBING UP AGAINST THE TREE.

SAME SIDE DIFFERENT ANGLES. AND SOME EXTERIOR CRACKING AND DETERIORATION OF THE STRUCTURE. THIS IS PLUMBING ISSUES.

THIS PHOTO WAS TAKEN THROUGH A WINDOW, DOOR THANKSGIVING SHATTERED IN THE BACK. AND WAS UNSECURED.

THIS WAS TAKEN THROUGH WINDOWS YOU CAN SEE TOP PHOTO ON THE TOP LEFT WAS TAKEN IN JULY OF 2020. AND YOU CAN SEE THERE'S BEEN SOME SYSTEM REPAIRS DONE HOWEVER NO ACTIVE PERMITS PULLED FOR THIS FOR THIS TYPE OF WORK. SO TIMELINE OF EVENTS MAY 262020 THE PROPERTY WAS INITIALLY COMPLAINING CITIZEN FOR DILAPIDATED STRUCTURE. JULY 2020.

THE PROPERTY INSTEAD AND INITIAL NOTICE OF CONDEMNATION WAS SENT.

AND JULY 2020 THE UTILITIES SHUT OFF LETTERS WERE SENT.

ON DECEMBER 14TH, 2020, RECORDS SHOW THAT A ROOFING PERMIT WAS PULLED ON JULY 29TH, 2020, BY THE OWNER UNDER THE ADDRESS OF 1433 SOUTH 6TH. THE LEGAL ADDRESS OF THE PROPERTY IS 1431 SOUTH 6TH STREET.

AND IT WAS DETERMINED BY THE BUILDING INSPECTION DIVISION THAT THE OWNER NEEDS TO PULL FULL BUILDING PERMIT IN ORDER TO DO ANY REPAIRS TO THE ENTIRE STRUCTURE.

SO PURNT ■SO CHAPTER 8 THE FOLLOWING CONDITIONS EXIST INADEQUATE SANITATION, HAZARDOUS EXTRA WIRING HAZARDOUS PLUMBING.

STAFF RECOMMENDATION IS TO ORDER OWNER TO REPAIR 30S DAYS TO OBTAIN OUR PERMITS, AND PROVIDE A PLAN OF ACTION INCLUDING A TIME FRAME FOR REPAIR AND COST ESTIMATES.

AND IF THIS IS DONE, 60 DAYS TO OBTAIN INSPECTION AND IF THIS DONE, ALL FINAL INSPECTION SHALLED BE CONCLUDE BY THE

ASPIRATION OF ALL PERMITS >> CAN YOU GO BACK TO THE START

AND HISTORY OF THE OWNERSHIP? >> THE CZECH LESS OF THE

RECORDS? >> YES.

>> SO THEY'VE OWNED THIS PROPERTY FOR NUMEROUS YEARS OR FEW YEARS? HAS DO YOU KNOW THE TIMELINE

>> ACCORDING TO THE AT WARRANTY DEED DATE IT WAS PURCHASED IN

2018. >> 2018.

>> YES, SIR. >> OKAY.

THANK YOU. BOARD HAVE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS

FOR STAFF ON THIS CASE? >> MR. CHAIRMAN I JUST HAVE

[00:15:03]

QUICK COMMENT. I HAVE AN AFTER CONSULTING LEGAL I HAVE POTENTIAL CONFLICT OF INTEREST IN THIS CASE SO I'LL RECUSE MYSELF FROM ANY DISCUSSION OR QUESTIONING

REGARDING THIS CASE. >> SO NOTED.

>> ANY OTHER QUESTIONS? SH HAS BEEN BEEN ANY PERMITS ISSUED OTHER THAN FOR THE ROOF?

>> NO, SIR. AND AGAIN, THIS IS UNDER THE MUNICIPALITY WITH THE WATER DEPARTMENT, IT DOES HAVE TWO ADDRESSES, 1431, AND 1433. THE LEGAL ADDRESS IN THE DESCRIPTION PROPERTY DESCRIPTION COMES UP AT 1431.

THAT'S HOW WE USUALLY HANDLE IT ONE ENTIRE STRUCTURE.

SO TO ANSWER YOUR QUESTION, NO PERMITS ON RECORD UNDER 1431 SOUTH 6. JUST THE ROOFING PERMIT FOR 1433

SOUTH 6TH. >> BUT SINCE MAY 26TH THERE HAS NOT BEEN ANY PERMITS EXCEPT THE ROOF

>> YES, THAT'S CORRECT. THAT PERMIT WAS JULY 29TH, 2020.

APPROXIMATELY 20 DAYS AFTER IT W.

>> THANK YOU >> YES, SIR.

THANK YOU MR. MORRIS. AT THIS TIME I WILL OPEN THE PUBLIC HEARING ON THIS CASE. ANYONE WISHING TO SPEAK TO THIS STEP FORWARD AND STATE YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS FOR THE RECORD,

PLEASE. >> ALICIA SMITH.

3026 WOOD WAY CIRCLE. >> I OWN THE HOUSE WITH MY HUSBAND. I DON'T THINK THAT THIS IS LEGAL TO HAVE THIS HERE, BECAUSE I FILED A LAWSUIT WITHIN THE 30 DAYS I HAVE THE RECORD FROM THE DISTRICT COURT OF DOING THAT.

I SERVED HIM SO HE'S AWARE OF IT.

IT'S A DUPLEX. AND SO WE HAVE HAD UTILITIES ON.

WE HAVE MADE WORK THE REASON I HAVE NOT GOT A PERMIT I'M ALL PRETTY VICTORIAN HOUSE I THINK IT HAS TONS OF POTENTIAL.

IT WAS IN ROBERT LIVES RIGHT KROOT STREET GREAT NEIGHBORHOOD.

I HAVE EVERY INTENTION OF REMODELING THIS.

AND HAVING IT DONE VERY WELL. HOWEVER, I CAN'T JUST JUMP OVER THERE AND DO IT BECAUSE WE'RE FINISHING UP QUADRA PLEX THAT HAD A FIRE WE'RE ALMOST DONE WITH IT.

AND WE DID WHEN EVER WE PURCHASED THE PROPERTY IF YOU GO BACK AND LOOK REALTOR PICTURES IT WAS ACTUALLY IN A LOT WORSE CONDITION. A LOT WORSE.

BELIEVE IT OR NOT I KNOW IT'S HARD TO IRJ THE HOUSE, WALL WAS ACTUALLY ON THE TREE. WE TOOK THE WALL PUT IT BACK AND ADDRESSED FOUNDATION ISSUES. AND LIKE I SAID I HAVE TO GIVE YOU THOSE ORIGINAL PICTURES. I DON'T KNOW BECAUSE I'M STILL WAITING ON DISTRICT COURT TO THE CALL THIS.

I FILED IT ON THE ORIGINAL PETITION AND EVERYTHING ON JULY 20TH. SO IT WAS WELL WITHIN THE 30

DAYS. >> OKAY.

DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE REFERRING TO ON THE LAWSUIT

>> DALLAS B STEWART. WHEN EVER DALLAS WHEN THEY TORE DOWN OUR HOUSE AND CONSTITUTIONALLY COULDN'T CALL ANYTHING A NUISANCE. AND THIS THE SUPREME COURT THEY APPEALED IT AND SAID YOU'RE CORRECT YOU CAN'T.

BUT THEN. MUNICIPALITIES AND HEY WE CAN'T DO THE THAT WE WILL A FACE TONS OF LAUTSZ YOU WILL HAVE TO PUT IT THE. THEY WENT BACK AND THEY WROTE IN THE THEIR OPINION, YES IT'S UNCONSTITUTIONAL BUT THE OWNER HAS TO FILE WITHIN 30 DAYS WITH THE DISTRICT COURT FOR IT TO START OVER DE NOVO. THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT I DID.

>> OKAY. WELL THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME OBVIOUSLY WE HAVE QUITE A HISTORY WITH YOU

>> AND YEAH. WE KNOW YOU ALL DO LOTS OF THESE

REMODELS. >> YES, SIR

>> WE ALL KNOW THE PLAN OF ACTION THAT HAS TO TAKE PLACE

AND YOU'RE NOT NEW AT THIS >> I UNDERSTAND.

THERE'S LEGALITIES. SO LET'S SAY -- THERE'S A LAW FOR A REASON. I'M NOT SAYING I'M NOT DISAGREEING HOUSE IS A NUISANCE. BUT, IS IT BETTER TO BE A VACANT LOT? ALL I AM SAYING IT HAS BEEN THERE WAY BEFORE WE GOT IT THE WAS THAT CONDITION PROBABLY TEN YEARS. TEN YEARS.

WORSE CONDITION THAN IT IS NOW. WE BOUGHT IT HAD IT TWO YEARS.

AND WITH EVERY INTENTION WE WENT IN THERE WE PUT OUT WALL BACK IN STRAIGHT UP. AND THEN WE DID SOME REPAIRS ON IT. THEN IT WASN'T -- WE HAD OTHER STUFF GOING ON AND THEN THEY I HAD WORKER THAT IS GOT COVID.

SO THAT SENT ME OFF MY TIME SCHEDULE THEY WEREN'T ABLE TO FINISH THE QUADRA PLEX I WANTED THEM TO FINISH TO GET OVER ON

[00:20:02]

THIS ONE YOU SEE WHAT I'M SAYING? I CAN'T HAVE PEOPLE WORKING WITH COVID GIVING TO OTHER PEOPLE.

AND I KNOW THAT'S NOT AN EXCUSE BUT, BUT EVERY HOUSE THAT I'VE EVER HAD BEFORE Y'ALL, EVERY SINGLE ONE HAS ALWAYS CAME OUT OF CONDEMNATION. ALWAYS CAME OUT CONDEMNATION BETTER THAN WHAT Y'ALL EVEN EXPECT.

I HAVE EVERY INTENTION, IF I SUBSTANDARD PROPERTY I WANT IT TO BE GOOD. ME ALTON ARE A LOT LIKE WE'RE A LOT DIFFERENT. LIKE ALTON'S HEART HERE MY PART IS HERE. SO I PUSH HIM TO TWARL DO BETTER. SOME OF THE PROPERTIES THAT HE HAD BEFORE HE MARRIED ME I WOULD ACTUALLY U EQUAL THEM MORE A LIKE -- I'VE ON HIM TO SLOWLY SELL THOSE OFF REPAIR THEM AND MAKE THEM A LOT BETTER. BECAUSE I DON'T WANT ANYBODY TO LIVE IN SOMETHING THANKSGIVING SUBSTANDARD AS YOU SAY.

AND I DON'T WANT TO THE HAVE ANYTHING THAT'S LIKE THAT.

AND I SEE HOUSES, I SAW THIS ONE ON INTERNET AND NOBODY WOULD BUY IT. THE REALTOR WHEN EVER I TALKED TO THEM EVERYBODY WAS WALKING AWAY FROM THIS HOUSE.

I MEAN IN THE NEXT DOOR NEIGHBOR TO HOUSE SHE WAS TICKLED TO SEE SOMEBODY BUY IT TO TRY TO FIX IT UP BECAUSE THEY DIDN'T WANT TO SEE VA CANNED LOT THEY USED TO KNOW THE PEOPLE THAT LIVED THERE. IT HAS HISTORY.

AND ALL THAT I AM ASKING IS TO LET THIS TAKE ITS DUE COURSE.

I CAN'T TELL YOU A TIMELINE RIGHT NOW.

I CAN'T. I WOULD HAVE ALREADY BOUGHT A PERMIT Y'ALL WANT TO HEAR THIS, THE LAST PERMIT I GOT ON CONDEMNED HOUSE WAS $1,200 FOR THE PERMIT.

THAT'S HOW MUCH IT COST FOR THE PERMIT.

BECAUSE IT WAS CONDEMNED. I THINK THAT'S OUTRAGEOUS.

I THINK PERMIT SHOULDN'T OVER $200 TO DO THAT.

THE ROOFING PERMIT WAS $50. SO THAT IS WHY I HAVEN'T BOUGHT A PERMIT IN NOT WANT TO I DON'T WANT TO GET RIPPED OFF I'M SURE ANYBODY WOULD FEEL THAT SAME WAY.

IF YOU GIVE A REASONABLE PERMIT FEE I'LL GO RIGHT NOW PAY PERMIT

FEE >> SO HOW MUCH TIME DO YOU NEED

>> I NEED SIX MONTHS. >> AND I THINK THAT'S VERY REASONABLE. IT WAS DUPLEX ON RECORDS.

IF YOU'LL ACTUALLY PULL THEM ON OTHER DEAL THAT'S HOW IT IS, IS 1431, THERE'S BEEN AN ELECTRICITY ON THERE, THAT HAS BEEN WATER ON. SO THAT'S NOT, THAT'S INCORRECT INFORMATION THAT Y'ALL ARE WORKING OFF.

>> WELL, YOU UNDERSTAND BECAUSE YOU'VE DONE THIS BEFORE, ALL CITY IS REQUIRING A PLAN OF ACTION

>> YES. >> OKAY.

THAT GIVES YOU THE TIME THAT YOU NEED, THAT'S JUST A FIRST STEP.

AND OBVIOUSLY THAT'S STEP YOU HAVE NOT TAKEN.

>> BUT HERE'S WHAT IT IS, I DON'T WANT TO PAY AN UNREASONABLE PERMIT FEE. I DON'T WANT TO IFA JUDGE SAYS BECAUSE LAST TIME WE WENT TO COURT AND THE YOU WENT TO COURT WITH ME, OR AGAINST ME WHATEVER YOU WANT TO CALL IT, THE JUDGE SAID IT WAS A TAKING. HE AGREED WITH ME 100 PERCENT.

BECAUSE I SAID Y'ALL, THE PEOPLE THAT Y'ALL HAVE WORKING OR THAT WORK FOR THE CITY HAD LIED ON THEIR PERCENTAGE AND LIED ON THIS AND THAT. I HAD IT ON Y'ALL'S DEAL BECAUSE I DIDN'T CERTIFY IT WITH CITY HE SAID THAT WAS A TECHNICALITY THAT BUT HE SAID IN HIS OPINION IT WAS A TAKING.

I JUST WANT TO SEE BECAUSE I'VE ALREADY $20,000 IN FINES THAT Y'ALL HAVE ASSESSED US ON OTHER PROPERTIES THAT THOSE HAVE CAME OUT OF CONDEMNATION AND THEY ARE FINE.

THAT I DON'T WANT, I DON'T WANT THIS TO COME BEFORE A COURT.

BECAUSE WE'RE NOT UNREASONABLE IN ANY ASPECT.

THIS HOUSE, Y'ALL HAD BEFORE, IT WAS CONDEMNED WAY BEFORE THIS HOUSE THAT HAVE BEEN CONDEMNED YEAR.

IT CONDEMNED IN JULY. WHAT IS THAT SIX MONTHS? AND THOSE CASES I MEAN Y'ALL PUT US -- IT'S NOT FAIR Y'ALL PUT US BEFORE ANYBODY ELSE. I KNOW YOU HAVE AN ATTITUDE TOWARDS ME I UNDERSTAND IT THAT YOU SEE ME AS N ME BUT I TAKE HOUSES THAT ARE UGLY MAKE THEM PRETTY.

>> WE DON'T >> I'M HELP

>> IT IS WE DON'T HAVE ATTITUDE AGAINST YOU.

THAT'S KIND OF LIKE SELF FULFILLING PROPHECY WE'RE HERE TO HELP YOU. IS IT POSSIBLE FOR YOU U IS IT POSSIBLE FOR YOU TO FINISH SUBMIT A PLAN OF ACTION, AND GET THE PERMITS, AND MEET 90 DELAYS WHICH THREE MONTHS SHE'S ASKING FOR ANOTHER THREE MONTHS. IS IT POSSIBLE THAT EXTEND THOSE PERMTHS WITHOUT BEING FINED FOR ANOTHER THREE MONTHS?

>> YES ONCE THE PLAN OF ACTION IS PERMITS HAVE A PULLED.

N ONCE YOU CALL IT FOR ONE INSPECTION IT AN EXTENDS IT FOR SIX MONTHS. WE'RE TALKING ABOUT ONE INSPECTION APPEAR ROUGH IN OR WHATEVER IT WILL EXTEND THAT

[00:25:02]

PERMIT FOR SIX MONTHS. >> OKAY.

>> WE JUST HAVE TO HAVE ACTIVITY WITHIN THE SIX MONTHS.

>> OKAY. >> AND MY UNDERSTANDING THERE HAS NOT BEEN ANY FINES ON THIS PARTICULAR PROPERTY.

THIS IS A BRAND NEW CASE. SHE'S REFERRING TO PAST CASES

>> OKAY. SO DO YOU UNDERSTAND WHATS WAS

JUST SAID? >> YES.

I UNDERSTAND THAT. >> THEY ARE SAYING THEY ARE

GIVING YOU WHAT YOU WANTS >> YES.

>> JUST A MATTER OF TURNING IN A PLAN OF ACTION AND PULLING PERMITS AS FAR AS YOUR ISSUE COST OF ISSUES THAT NOT WHAT THE THIS BOARD DEALS WITH. THAT'S OUT OUR CONTROL THAT SET BY CITY MANAGER AND BUILDING OFFICIAL.

SO ALL PEOPLE THAT ON THE SAME BASIS OF COST.

EVERY PROJECT WILL BE BASED ON THE SIZE AND PRICING WILL BE ACCORDINGLY. NOW THAT THEY HAVE COMBINED ALL THE PERMITS WHETHER IT'S HEAT AND AIR, PLUMBING ELECTRICALLY, IT'S ALL UNDER ONE PERMIT AND THAT'S ONE OF THE PRICES IT AS

HIGH AS IT IS. >> SO I'M JUST TRYING TO UNDERSTAND THIS. SO YOU'RE ROOF PERMIT COULD HAVE FELL UNDER NEAT THE OTHER PERMITS?

>> W >> YES, MA'AM, THAT AT'S CORREC.

SOFRMENTS IF THAT'S AT CASE I JUST NEED ONE FROM GET GO AND ROOFING PERMIT WOULD KIND OF -- I DON'T KNOW.

MAYBE NOT. >> WELL YOU CAN RELY ON THE STAFF TO ANSWER THOSE QUESTIONS FOR YOU WHEN YOU COME IN WITH A PLAN OF ACTION. MR. MORRIS CAN EXPLAIN THAT OR YOU CAN COME IN TO THE PLANNING DEVELOPMENT DOWN THERE AND TALK TO THEM AND THEY CAN EXPLAIN THE PROCESS.

WE APPRECIATE WHAT Y'ALL DO. Y'ALL ARE TAKING THESE HOMES WE HAVE NOTHING AGAINST Y'ALL BUT THE PROCEDURE WHEN RA COMPLAINT CAME UNTIL THAT THAT'S REASON WHY A CODE ENFORCMENT CAME OUT

AND TOOK A LOOK. >> YES.

AND I UNDERSTAND THAT. SOMEBODY COMPLAINED YOU GOT TO TAKE NOTICE OF IT. SO I EXPECT THE SAME THING IF I COMPLAINED ABOUT SOMETHING. BUT I'M ONE OF THOSE PEOPLE INSTEAD OF COMPLAIN ABOUT I WANT TO SEE WHAT I CAN DO TO HELP THAT PERSON INSTEAD OF JUST PASS IT TO GET THEM -- ANYWAYS, I'M, JUST KIND OF FRUSTRATING BECAUSE LIKE I SAID, JUST OUR GOAL IS TO GET HOUSES THAT ARE PRETTY. AND SO THAT WE HAVE A FAMILY IN THERE AND WE A HAVE A NEIGHBORHOOD SO THAT MAKES THE PROPERTY VALUE GO FOR EVERYBODY AROUND AS WELL AS US.

AND IT GIVES US SOMETHING GOOD. IT'S JUST AFTER SIX MONTHS, IT JUST SEEMS LIKE ALL OF OURS COME UP QUICKER.

EVERY TIME THAT WE COME HERE, AND I LOOK AT OTHER CASES FOR COMPARISON ON DATES T OURS IS ALWAYS THE NEWEST.

>> WELL STAFF HAS BEEN BRINGING THESE CASES TO US ON MORE TIMELY FASHION OVER THE LAST FOUR OR FIVE YEARS.

AND THEY HAVE BEEN DOING AN EXCELLENT JOB OF KEEPING THESE CRAZES MOVING. THEY ARE SETTLING THOSE PROOBS THIS EVEN COME BEFORE THIS BOARD IN MOST CASES.

SO, I STILL SAY THEY ARE NOT SINGLING YOU OUT JUST THE FACT THAT THEY ARE WORKING IN A MORE EFFICIENT MANNER.

IT'S IN COMPLAINT HADN'T COME IN MIGHT SET THERE LONGER BUT

THAT'S REASON WHY THEY ACCIDENT >> I GUESS, MAYBE IF THEY WOULD CALL ME AND LIKE TRY TO, LIKE MY CELL PHONE NUMBER HAS BEEN THE SAME FOR 12 YEARS. AND LIKE I WORK, THERE'S WAS CODE ENFORCEMENT THAT CALLED ME UP THE OTHER DAY ON PROPERTY I MANAGED AN APARTMENT COMPLEX HE SAID LOOK I HAVE THIS COMPLAINT THIS IS WHAT WHS GOING ON WHAT DO WE DO ABOUT IT.

THAT RAS REFRESHING. YOU KNOW, WHAT I MEAN I WAS REFRESHED OKAY YOU HAVE SOMEBODY COMPLAIN, SO YOU'RE CALLING ME SO LET'S WORK TOGETHER. AND YOU KNOW WHAT IT GOT

RESOLVED >> YOU'VE OWNED THIS SINCE WHAT YEAR? HAS

>> 2018. JULY 6TH MONTHS DOESN'T COME THE INTO PLAY HERE YOU KNOW THE PROGRAM BECAUSE YOU ALL DO THIS

ALL THE TIME >> YES.

YOU KNEW THAT Y'ALL HAD TO MOVE FORWARD

>> YES. WHEN EVER WE INITIALLY BOUGHT IT WE DID WITHIN A MONTH WE HAD THAT WALL.

I'M TELLING YOU THAT WALL WAS ACTUALLY ON THAT TREE.

LIKE YOU SAW THE PICTURE, THAT WALL WAS BOWED OH OUT THREE FEET LIKE EVERYBODY DIDN'T THINKING IT WAS POSSIBLE TO PUT THAT THE IN. AND WE DID.

>> OKAY. WELL YOU UNDERSTAND THE PROCEDURES BECAUSE YOU'VE DONE THIS

>> OKAY. YOU JUST NEED TO GET YOUR PLAN OF ACTION TURNED IN YOU UNDERSTAND THE PERMITTING

>> YES. YOU GOT ALL THE TIME YOU NEED.

I APPRECIATE IT. THAT'S STAFF'S RECOMMENDATION TODAY YOU GET PLAN OF ACTION TURNED IN AND THEY WILL GIVING YOU 30 DAYS TO GET THAT TAKEN CARE OF

>> YES, SIR. THANK YOU.

>> THANK YOU. THANKS Y'ALL.

>> ANYONE ELSE WISH TO SPEAK THOUGH THIS CASE PLEASE STEP FORWARD AND STATE YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS FOR THE RECORD.

SEEING NOUN I CLOSE PUBLIC HEARING ON THIS CASE.

AND TURN OVER TO BOARD FOR COMMENTS AND RECOMMENDATIONS

[00:30:03]

>> CAN YOU BRING STAFF RECOMMENDATION UP, PLEASE?

HAS >> JUST FOR DISCUSSION, THAT IS A MOTION IT APPEARS TO BE THAT THE STAFF RECOMMENDATION MEETS THE OWNER'S REQUEST. AND SO IN ORDER TO SATISFY THE OWNER'S REQUEST, YOU KNOW I WOULD MOTION THAT WE ACCEPT THE STAFF RECOMMENDATION AND DO AS THERE REQUEST UNLESS SOMEBODY

SEES SOMETHING OTHERWISE. >> WOULD YOU LIKE TO READ THE STAFF RECOMMENDATION FOR THE RECORD?

>> MOTION TO AN ACCEPT STAFF RECOMMENDATION THAT FOR OWNER TO REPAIR WITHIN 30 DAYS TO GET PERMITS AND PLAN OF ACTION INCLUDING THE TIME FRAME TO REPAIR AND COSTS.

AND IF IT'S DONE, 60 DAYS TO OBTAIN ROUGH IN SECTION.

AND IF THIS IS DONE ALL FINAL INSPECTIONS SHALL BE COMPLETED

BY THE ASPIRATION EXPIRATION OFS >> SECOND THE MOTION.

>> WE HAVE A MOTION AND A SECOND.

MR. WEBB MADE THE MOTION, MR. ALLRED SECONDED.

ROLL CALL, PLEASE. >> DR. PARIS?

>> I RECUSE MYSELF ON THIS CASE. ABSTAINED.

>> MR. ALLRED? >> YES.

>> MR. WEBB? >> YES.

>> MR. TURNER? >> YES.

>> MR. SHROEDER? >> YES.

MR. WILL MCCOLLUM? >> YES.

MOTION CARRIES. >> THANK YOU.

GOOD LUCK TO Y'ALL. LIKE TO SEE YOU GET THAT ONE

FIXED UP. >> WELL THAT WAS THE LAST CASE THAT WE HAD ON OUR DOCKET THIS MORNING.

UNLESS THASTAFF HAS ANYTHING EL >> NO, SIR THAT IS I

* This transcript was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.