Link

Social

Embed

Download

Download
Download Transcript

1 >> YES, SIR, WHEREVER YOU'RE READY.

[1.  Call to Order]

[00:00:02]

2 >> ALL RIGHT.

3 IT IS NOW 1:30.

4 AND I CALL THIS MEETING OF THE ABILENE METROPOLITAN MEETING TO ORDER.

5 WE WILL START WITH CONSIDERATION AND ACTION, WELL, BEFORE I DO THAT, I 6 WILL JUST MAKE A NOTE THAT PUBLIC COMMENT CAN BE TAKE ON ANY AGENDA ITEM DURING 7 DISCUSSION OF THE ITEM.

8 IF THERE'S AN ITEM WE TALK ABOUT THAT YOU WANT TO PROVIDE INPUT ON, YOU'RE 9 WELCOME TO.

10 ITEM NUMBER 2, CONSIDERATION AND ACTION ON THE MINUTES OF DECEMBER 18TH MEETING.

11 THE BOARD HAS BEEN GIVEN THE MINUTES FROM DECEMBER 18, 2018.

12 ARE THERE ANY CORRECTIONS, ADDITIONS OR DELETIONS TO THE MINUTES?

13 >> MR. CHAIRMAN IF THERE ARE NO DELETIONS OR CORRECTIONS, I MOVE THEY 14 ARE MOVED AS PRESENTED.

15 >> MOTION TO,A PROVE.

16 >> SECOND.

17 >> WE HAVE A SECOND.

18 ALL IF FAVOR SAY AYE.

19 >> AYE.

20 ANY OPPOSE? 21 THE MINUTES ARE APPROVED.

22 WE WILL MOVE TO ITEM NUMBER THREE.

23 DISCUSSION AND ACTION ON AN AMENDMENT TO FY 2019-2022 TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENT 24 PROGRAM.

25 AND I THINK ED IS GOING TO PRESENT.

[2.  Approval of the minutes from the Regular Meeting on February 19, 2019]

26 >> YES, SIR, I'M GOING TO LET ED PRESENT.

27 >> THANK YOU MR. CHAIRMAN AND MEMBERS OF THE POLICY BOARD.

28 THE TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM IS THE PROGRAMMING DOCUMENT THAT 29 WE USE OVER THE NEXT FOUR YEARS FOR PROGRAMMING IMPROVEMENTS IN BOTH HIGHWAY 30 AND TRANSIT PROJECTS.

31 IT'S MANDATED BY TITLE 23 OF THE CODE OF REGULATIONS.

32 IT'S UPDATED TYPICALLY ONCE EVERY FOUR YEARS BUT GENERALLY OVER TWO YEARS

[1.  

Service Awards:

 

Mike McBride- 5 Years

TJ Yates- 5 Years

]

33 AND PERIODICALLY AMENDED AS NEEDED SHOULD THERE BE CHANGES TO PROJECTS.

34 IMPROVED BY THE MPO POLICY AND ULTIMATELY BY THE GOVERNOR.

35 WHAT IS IMPORTANT ABOUT THE TIP, PROJECTS USING THE FEDERAL DOLLARS ARE GOING 36 THROUGH THE MPO HAVE TO BE APPROVED IN THIS TIP TO BE LENT FOR CONSTRUCTION.

37 THAT'S THE IMPORTANT PART AND WHY WE NEED TO GET THOSE THINGS ON THERE SO WE 38 DON'T RUN INTO PROBLEMS GETTING THOSE FINANCES FROM THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT AND 39 THE PROJECT CAN GO ALONG AS SCHEDULED TO GO.

40 IT'S A PRIORITIZED LIST AND UNLIKE THE MTP, IT'S A FINANCIALLY CONSTRAINED 41 PROGRAM.

42 THAT MEANS WE HAVE TO HAVE MONEY PROJECTED FOR THOSE PROJECTS.

43 NOT JUST PIE IN THE SKY TYPE PROJECTS.

44 PROJECTS THAT WILL BE HAPPENING IN THE NEAR FUTURE.

45 WHAT WE'RE DOING TODAY IS THE AMENDMENT TO THE TIP.

46 THIS WILL BE THE FIRST TO THE 2019-2022 TIP.

47 THERE ARE ITEMS HIGHLIGHTED IN YELLOW.

48 THOSE ARE DATES THAT HAVE NOT BEEN COMPLETED AT THIS POINT AND SO I CALL THIS A 49 SEMI FINAL ELEMENT OF THE DOCUMENT BECAUSE WE'LL FILL IN THE DATES.

50 THE PROJECT THAT WE'RE WORKING ON TODAY, THE TIP HAS A FEW BASIC ELEMENTS.

51 ONE HIGHWAY PROJECT TODAY.

52 WE'RE ALSO LOOKING AT THREE AMENDED TRANSIT PROJECTS, AND THEN BECAUSE WE ARE 53 AMENDING OUR TIP, FAST ACT REQUIREMENTS COME INTO PLAY, SO THERE ARE MANDATED 54 CHANGES WE HAVE TO HAVE.

55 THAT IS PRIMARILY YOU WILL SEE THAT IN APPENDIX D.

56 THERE ARE ALSO MISCELLANEOUS TEXT AMENDMENTS SO THE TIP IS MORE RELEVANT AND 57 CURRENT.

58 THOSE PRIMARILY RELATE TO PERFORMANCE MEASURE ISSUES.

59 SO SPEAKING TO THE PROJECT, ONE OF THE THINGS YOU WILL NOTICE HANDED OUT TO YOU 60 TODAY, YOU WILL SEE A DOCUMENT THAT LOOKS LIKE THIS.

61 AFTER THE PACKET WENT OUT TO YOU, BOARD MEMBERS, WE DISCOVERED THROUGH SOME 62 INTERNAL EVALUATIONS AND THROUGH THE WORK OF CHAIRMAN PRICE THAT THEY 63 WERE A FEW PROBLEMS WITH THE PACKET THAT YOU RECEIVED.

64 SO THANKS TO HIS DETAILED OBSERVATION, WE HAVE TRIED TO ADDRESS THOSE.

65 AND SO YOU HAVE A NEW DOCUMENT.

66 THIS SHOULD BE THE FINAL DOCUMENT THAT WILL GO OUT FOR REVIEW.

67 THIS IS A DRAFT DOCUMENT.

68 SO YOU'LL HAVE ANOTHER OPPORTUNITY TO LOOK AT THIS AT YOUR NEXT POLICY BOARD 69 MEETING TO APPROVE IN A FINAL FORM.

70 SO THERE MAY VERY WELL BE A FEW CHANGES BETWEEN NOW AND THEN.

71 WE'RE LOOKING AT APPROVING THE DRAFT DOCUMENT.

72 THIS IS WHAT FOLKS WILL RECEIVE WHEN THEY ASK TO APPROVE.

73 THIS IS WHAT THEY WILL BE PROVIDED.

[2.  

Executive Session:           

Pursuant to Govt. Code Section 551.072, a governmental body may conduct a closed meeting to deliberate the purchase, exchange, lease or value of real property if deliberation in an open meeting would have a detrimental effect on the position of the governmental body in negotiations with a third person. Additionally, Section 551.087 allows a governmental body to discuss or deliberate on commercial or financial information that has been received from a business prospect that the governmental body seeks to have locate, stay, or expand in or near the City and with which there may be ongoing negotiations or deliberate the offer of a financial or other incentive to a business prospect.  Further, Section 551.071 provides that a governmental body may seek advice from its attorney regarding a pending or contemplated litigation subject, settlement offer, or attorney-client privileged information.  After discussion in executive session, any action or vote will be taken in public.

]

74 LET'S GO THROUGH THE CHANGES WE'RE MAKING TODAY WITH THE TIP.

75 THE FIRST IS THE ADDITION OF A PROJECT.

76 THIS IS A FRONTAGE ROAD PROJECT PLANNED TO GO ALONG THE WEST SIDE OF KIRBY LAKE 77 OR EAST SIDE OF 83-84.

78 THAT WILL CONNECT 707.

79 >> ON PAGE 15 OF YOUR DOCUMENT YOU WERE HANDED ON THE.

80 >> THAT PROJECT IS CURRENTLY ON OUR MPT AND THE 10-YEAR PLAN ADOPTED PREVIOUSLY.

[00:05:02]

81 NOW WE NEED TO GET INTO THE TIP TO FINISH THE LAST ELEMENT SO WE CAN MOVE 82 FORWARD ON THE PROJECT.

83 I UNDERSTAND THAT'S WELL UNDER WAY.

84 THE TOTAL COST IS ESTIMATED TO BE ABOUT $7 MILLION.

85 UP TO $3.5 MILLION MAY BE MPO FUNDS ULTIMATELY AND WHAT WE UNDERSTAND IS THE 86 CURRENT GOAL FOR THAT IS TO BE 80/20 SPLIT BETWEEN FEDERAL AND STATE MONEYS.

87 IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THAT, I CAN ANSWER THOSE NOW OR WOULD YOU LIKE ME TO 88 GO FORWARD?

89 >> I HAD ONE QUESTION ON THAT.

90 SEVERAL YEARS AGO THERE WAS MAN HOUSE COFFEE ON 707 AND TALK ABOUT TXDOT PUTTING IN 91 SIDEWALKS.

92 WILL THIS PROJECT INCLUDE SIDEWALKS ALONG THE ACCESS ROAD TO PROVIDE FOR 93 PEDESTRIAN TRAFFIC?

94 >> I WOULD HAVE TO DEFER TO OUR TXDOT DESIGNERS.

95 WE DON'T HAVE INFORMATION ON OUR ROLE IN IMPROVING THE PROJECT.

96 PERHAPS MR. JOHNSON IS AWARE OF THAT.

97 >> MR. JOHNSON: LET ME DEFER TO CLIFF.

98 CLIFF, CAN YOU COME UP AND ANSWER QUESTIONS.

[3.  Discussion of possible lease agreement between the City of Abilene and the YMCA. (Discussion and Action)]

99 >> CLIFF, YOU DIDN'T HAVE ANYBODY TO PASS IT TO?

100 >> HE LOOKED BEHIND HIM AND DIDN'T SEE ANYBODY.

101 >> DO YOU KNOW ABOUT THE PROJECT?

[4.  Discussion of the Zoo Director position (Discussion and Action)]

102 >> YES, I KNOW ABOUT THE PROJECT BUT I DO NOT THINK THERE ARE SIDEWALKS ON THIS 103 TIME ON IT.

104 THAT WAS SOMETHING WE NEVER REALLY THOUGHT ABOUT IT BECAUSE THERE'S HARDLY ANY 105 PEDESTRIAN TRAFFIC.

106 NO, AT THIS TIME, I DON'T BELIEVE SIDEWALKS ARE PART OF IT.

107 I WILL TEXT BRANDON.

108 >> I WAS CURIOUS BECAUSE THAT CAME UP AT CITY COUNCIL.

109 >> THIS PROJECT IS NOT GOING BACK TO WHERE THE MAD COFFEE IS.

110 IT'S STARTING AFTER THAT.

111 >> RIGHT.

112 >> I WILL DOUBLE CHECK THAT.

113 I CAN ALMOST PROMISE THERE'S NO SIDEWALKS.

114 >> THANK YOU.

115 >> AND, ARE THERE ANY OTHER QUESTIONS ON THIS PARTICULAR ITEM? 116 I HAD ONE ON THE PREVIOUS PAGE.

117 NOT ON YOUR PRESENTATION BUT IN THE TIP.

118 ON PAGE 14.

119 THERE IS WORK BEING DONE AND THIS WAS ALL JUST TO PREFACE.

120 THIS WAS APPROVED BEFORE I WAS PART OF THE BOARD.

121 I HADN'T HAD A CHANCE TO LOOK AT THIS AND COMMENT.

122 THE ANTLY ROAD INTERSECTION ON BUFFALO GAP ROAD TO MAKE IMPROVEMENTS, THE NOTICE 123 THE LET DATE IS JULY 1ST.

124 I DIDN'T KNOW WHAT TIME FRAME THAT WAS GOING TO LOOK LIKE.

125 BUT THAT'S THE ONLY WAY TO GET TO WILEY HIGH SCHOOL THROUGH THAT INTERSECTION.

126 I DIDN'T KNOW STARTING IT EARLY LIKE ONCE SCHOOL IS OUT IN JUNE MIGHT GIVE US A 127 LITTLE IMPACT ON THE SCHOOL YEAR AND STILL, THAT'S 2020.

128 SO IT'S A LITTLE OVER A YEAR AWAY.

129 I DIDN'T KNOW IF THAT WAS TOO CLOSE TO MAKE ADJUSTMENTS AND HOPEFULLY 130 MOVE IT BACK TO AN EARLIER START TIME.

131 THAT'S, THERE'S A CHILDHOOD EARLY CHILDHOOD CENTER THERE AT THE INTERSECTION 132 FOR WILEY AND THE WILEY HIGH SCHOOL THAT YOU GO THROUGH THAT INTERSECTION.

133 SO I WOULD HATE TO GO INTO FOOTBALL SEASON WITH ALL THE HEAVY TRAFFIC THAT'S GOING 134 ON THEN WITH MAJOR CONSTRUCTION GOING ON IN THE INTERSECTION IF WE HAVE 135 A WAY TO KIND OF MOVE THAT BACK.

[5.  

Request from Wylie Girl's Softball league to expand the equipment building at Lake Kirby Softball Complex. (Discussion and Action)

]

136 IS THAT -- >> CLIFF, CAN YOU ANSWER THAT ALSO, PLEASE?

137 >> YES, SIR, ON THAT PROJECT RIGHT THERE, WE ORIGINALLY SCHEDULED THAT TO LET WITH 138 THE OTHER BUFFALO PROJECT GOING ON.

139 CURRENTLY WE'RE HAVING OTHER ISSUES AS FAR AS RIGHT-OF-WAY.

140 THAT PROJECT MOSTLY, LIKELY WILL GET PUSHED A LITTLE BIT AND WE WILL ACTUALLY 141 TAKE THAT INTO CONSIDERATION WHEN WE LOOK AT MOVING THE LET DATE.

142 SO ARE YOU SUGGESTING PREFERENCE TO SKIP FOOTBALL SEASON ALTOGETHER.

143 >> THERE'S BAND CONTESTS AND FOOTBALL GAMES GOING ON IN THE FALL.

144 IF YOU LOOK AT A MAP THAT'S REALLY THE ONLY WAY TO GET TO THE HIGH SCHOOL WITHOUT 145 DRIVING THROUGH RESIDENTIAL NEIGHBORHOODS.

146 >> WE CAN DEFINITELY LOOK AT DECEMBER.

147 WE WOULDN'T WANT TO HIT THE CHRISTMAS RUSH.

148 JANUARY START DATE FOR CONSTRUCTION.

149 YOU BACK UP TWO OR THREE MONTHS FOR LETTING.

150 YOU WOULD LET IN OCTOBER AND NOVEMBER WITH THE START DATE IN JANUARY OR 151 SOMETHING LIKE THAT.

152 >> THAT'S JUST A SUGGESTION BUT IF WE COULD TALK TO JOEY LIGHT, THE

[6.  

Recreation Division Report-

  • Mayor's Race
  • Summer Camps
  • Upcoming Summer jobs
  • Adventure Cove Rentals
  • Upcoming Easter Egg Hunt
  • Mother & Son Dance
  • Mayor's Hike
  • Employee retirement
]

153 SUPERINTENDENT AT WILEY ISD AND GET HIS THOUGHTS ON THAT.

[00:10:03]

154 TO MINIMIZE THE IMPACT ON THE SCHOOL.

155 >> WE WILL DEFINITELY DO THAT.

156 >> THANK YOU.

157 ED.

158 >> NOT A PROBLEM.

159 >> IF YOU WILL, AND IN YOUR PACKET, YOU WILL NOTICE THERE ARE CERTAIN CELLS 160 THAT ARE HIGHLIGHTED IN YELLOW, THOSE ARE IN ESSENCE ADMINISTRATIVE 161 CHANGES.

162 SO, I KNOW THAT'S REALLY HARD TO READ THERE.

163 >> IT'S IN THE PACKET ON PAGE 17.

164 >> THE POINT OF THE SLIDE HERE IS JUST TO TELL YOU THAT AS THE PROJECT NUMBERS 165 ARE CHANGED THOSE ARE THE PLACES THEY WILL BE UPDATED ULTIMATELY.

166 THAT'S JUST REFLECTING THE INDIVIDUAL PROJECT PAGES THAT ARE CHANGED.

167 SO THAT'S A CHANGE YOU WILL SEE ON THE TIP AS WELL.

168 THAT PAGE HAS TO CHANGE BECAUSE OF THAT.

169 >> ON THE TRANSIT PROJECTS, WE WILL MOVE ON, THERE ARE THREE SIGNIFICANT TRANSIT 170 PROJECTS.

171 THE TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE WAS ABLE TO MEET AND DISCUSS THE HIGHWAY 172 PROJECT, THE FRONTAGE PROJECT WE TALKED ABOUT EARLIER AND GIVE ITS 173 RECOMMENDATION ON THAT.

174 THEY WERE NOT AVAILABLE TO VIEW ANY OF THESE TRANSIT PROJECTS, THE INFORMATION 175 THESE TRANSIT PROJECTS NEEDED TO BE CHANGED CAME AFTER THE TECHNICAL 176 ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEETING.

177 WE ARE TRYING TO ACCOMMODATE THAT BASED ON THEIR NEED -- >> IT'S PAGE 22.

178 I SEE Y'ALL ARE LOOKING.

179 PAGE 22 OF YOUR DOCUMENT.

180 >> THE RED LINE DOCUMENT, YES.

181 THIS PAGE HERE SHOWS YOU WHAT WE'RE DOING IN ESSENCE, THE CHANGES ARE 182 GOING TO BE THAT FIRST WE HAD IN 2019, A PROJECT INCORRECTLY IDENTIFIED WITH 183 THE WRONG FUNDING SOURCE WHEN WE ORIGINALLY ADOPTED THE TIP IN 2018.

184 THAT WAS ORIGINALLY IDENTIFIED AS A 5307 PROJECT AND NEEDS TO BE 185 CHANGED TO A 5339 PROJECT, WHICH IS JUST A FUNDING CATEGORY CHANGE FOR BUS 186 TYPE FACILITIES.

187 SO THAT'S THE ONLY CHANGE ON THAT PARTICULAR PROJECT RIGHT THERE.

188 JUST A NUMBER CHANGE.

189 ALMOST AN ADMINISTRATIVE ERROR.

190 WE'RE TRYING TO GET THAT CORRECTED.

191 >> AND THE BIG CHANGE IS A CHANGE TO A BUS PROJECT.

192 THE ORIGINAL TIP, 30-FOOT ADA COMPATIBLE FIXED-ROUTE BUS WAS IDENTIFIED INTENDED 193 TO BE PURCHASED IN 2019 AND NOW THERE HAVE BEEN CHANGED WE UNDERSTAND WITH THE 194 STATE CALCULATIONS IN TERM OF FUNDING, SO BECAUSE OF THAT, CITY LINK HAS 195 ADDITIONAL FUNDS.

196 WHAT THEY ARE LOOKING TO DO.

197 THEY STILL WANT TO BUY THE FIXED COMPATIBLE FUND AND HAVE FUNDS TO BUY SUV TYPE 198 VEHICLES AS WELL.

199 THIS PROJECT HAS BEEN CHANGED TO REFLECT THE NEW NUMBERS THEY EXPECT TO 200 RECEIVE AND ALSO TO GIVE THEM THE OPTION OF EITHER BUYING A BUS AND MAYBE ONE 201 SUV IF THERE'S ADEQUATE FUNDS AVAILABLE.

202 OR IF THERE'S NOT ENOUGH MONEY FOR A BUS, THEY WOULD LIKE TO BUY UP TO FOUR SUVS 203 AND THE FOLLOW-ON YEAR, THEY WOULD PURCHASE THE 30-FOOT, FIXED ROUTE BUS.

204 THE DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECT HAS BEEN CHANGED TO INCORPORATE THAT OPTION OF 205 DOING EITHER/OR OF THOSE POSSIBILITIES.

206 SO THAT WOULD BE IN 2019.

207 BOTH CHANGES OCCUR IN 2019.

208 >> WHAT WOULD THESE SUVS BE USED FOR?

209 >> THEY WOULD BE USED FOR SUPERVISORS, MISCELLANEOUS SUPPORT AND PERHAPS IF 210 LAUREN IS HERE, SHE MIGHT WANT TO ADDRESS THAT DIRECTLY FROM CITY LINK.

211 >> GOOD AFTERNOON.

212 THE SUVS WE USE FOR SEVERAL THINGS.

213 THE SUPERVISORS USE THEM TO DO DIFFERENT ERRANDS IF PEOPLE CAN'T MAKE A 214 CONNECTION DUE TO BREAK DOWN, ACCIDENT OR WHATEVER.

215 THEY WILL TAKE THEM IN AN SUV TO THE NEAREST STOP SIGN.

216 SOMETIMES WE USE FOR TRANSIT.

217 IF THERE'S SOMEBODY THAT'S A WILL CALL AND THEY CAN'T GET ON THE VAN.

218 WE USE THEM TO GET THEM THERE.

219 THE PROBLEM WE HAVE HAD WITH THE SEDANS WE CANNOT FIT THE WALKERS ESPECIALLY THE 220 BIGGER WALKERS IN THE TRUNK WITHOUT TAKING THE SPARE OUT.

221 THEREFORE WE'RE LOOKING AT THE SUVS.

222 THE ONES WE CURRENTLY HAVE ARE WELL PASSED THEIR USEFUL LIFE AND NOT JUST 223 MILEAGE BUT THE VEHICLES THEMSELVES ARE FALLING APART.

224 >> OKAY.

225 THANK YOU.

226 >> THANK YOU.

227 >> ANY MORE QUESTIONS ON THOSE? 228 THE THIRD TRANSIT PROJECT CHANGE, THIS IS AN ADDITIONAL PROJECT IN 2020.

229 THIS WAS NOT ORIGINALLY APPROVED IN THE TIP.

230 THIS ONCE AGAIN REFLECTS THAT ADDITIONAL FUNDING.

231 THESE ARE CARRY-OVER FUNDS FROM 2017 AND 2018.

232 THEY'RE BEING BROUGHT FORWARD IN THE 2019 AND 2020.

233 AND HERE WE SEE ONCE AGAIN THE LANGUAGE IS TO PURCHASE EITHER THE 30-FOOT BUS OR

[00:15:08]

234 THE SUVS DEPENDING ON HOW MUCH FUNDS ARE AVAILABLE AND HOW THE PRICES COME IN 235 SINCE THAT'S AN UNKNOWN AT THIS POINT.

236 THAT WAY THEY HAVE THE OPTION OF DEALING WITH THOSE THINGS.

237 ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THAT?

238 >> AND ONCE AGAIN, THE SUMMARY PAGE, AND THAT SHOULD BE ON PAGE 27 OF 239 YOUR DOCUMENT.

240 ONCE AGAIN THERE'S GOING TO BE CHANGES IN TERMS OF THE TOTAL FUNDING ON THESE.

241 AND THAT'S JUST, THOSE WILL AUTOMATICALLY UPDATE.

242 >> IT'S 29, ED, LOOK AT THE HANDOUT.

[7.  

Senior Division Report-

  • DRUMBA Class
  • Senior Wellness Jamboree

 

]

243 I'M SORRY.

244 28.

245 >> ONE THING I WILL MENTION TO YOU, SOME OF THE PAGES MAY CHANGE AS WE GO THROUGH 246 AND DEAL WITH DOCUMENTS.

247 NATURALLY, THOSE KIND OF THINGS SORT OF HAPPEN WITH AUTOMATIC NUMBERING.

248 OKAY.

249 THERE WE GO.

250 SO ALL THE GREEN HIGHLIGHTED NUMBERS ARE THE ONES THAT WILL CHANGE FROM THE 2018 251 OR 2019 TIP, THE ORIGINAL TIP APPROVED.

252 OKAY.

253 MOVING ON NOW, NOW THAT WE TALKED ABOUT THE MAJOR HIGHWAY CHANGE AND THE 254 TRANSIT PROJECTS, THE NEXT MAJOR CHANGE THAT WE HAVE IN THE TIP IS THE 255 REQUIREMENT FOR SOME FAST ACT REQUIREMENTS AND WHAT WE HAVE DONE, THE FAST ACT 256 REQUIRES WE HAVE A NARRATIVE.

257 NOW THAT WE ARE PAST THE DEADLINE TO ESTABLISH BY THE LEGISLATION, WE NEED TO 258 START ADOPTING AND UTILIZING THE PERFORMANCE MEASURES AND TYING THEM TO 259 PROJECTS.

260 THE EASIEST WAY TO DO THAT IS PUT IN A NEW APPENDIX.

261 RATHER THAN GOING THROUGH AND IDENTIFYING EVERY SINGLE ONE OF THEM, WE 262 THOUGHT IT WOULD BE EASIER TO DEAL WITH THAT IN A SINGLE APPENDIX WHERE WE 263 EXPLAIN WHAT THE PERFORMANCE MEASURES ARE, HOW THEY ARE CALCULATED AND 264 ALSO INSIDE THE NARRATIVE, WE ALL INCORPORATE HOW THE PROJECTS IN THE TIP ARE 265 ASSOCIATED WITH THOSE PERFORMANCE MEASURES.

266 THIS WILL BE DONE IN COMBINED WITH OUR NEW PROJECT SELECTION PROCESS

[8.  

Parks Division Report-

  • Update on mowing season
  • Update on new roof at Gill Park pavilion
  • Installation of new shade structures at Adventure Cove
]

267 ULTIMATELY, ESPECIALLY YOU WILL SEE MORE OF THIS WHEN WE DO THE MTP.

268 BUT WE HAVE TO INCLUDE BOTH IN THE TIP AND IN THE MTP THIS NARRATIVE, WHICH 269 IDENTIFIES ALL APPLICABLE PERFORMANCE STANDARDS FOR US.

270 IN THAT DOCUMENT, THE APPENDIX D, THERE ARE THREE OR FOUR PAGES.

271 WE DISCUSSED THE SAFETY REQUIREMENTS, THE TRANSIT ONES AS WELL WHICH COME 272 THROUGH THE TAM, THE TRANSIT ASSESS MANAGEMENT PLAN.

273 THE PAYMENT BRIDGE CONDITIONS, WE ADDRESS THOSE AND ALSO THE 274 RELIABILITY PERFORMANCE MEASURES.

275 YOU MAY RECALL OVER THE LAST FEW MONTHS, WE INDIVIDUALLY ADOPTED THOSE AND RECENTLY 276 UPDATED THE SAFETY PERFORMANCE MEASURES WHEN THE STATE HAD UPDATED THEIR 277 HISSIP AND HAVE A DESCRIPTION OF OUR PROJECT SELECTION PROCESS.

278 AND LIKE I SAY, WE GO THROUGH AND IDENTIFY WHERE VARIOUS PROJECTS ARE 279 RELATED TO THOSE PERFORMANCE MEASURES.

280 A PERFECT EXAMPLE WOULD BE IN THE BUFFALO GAP PROJECT.

281 THERE IS PLANNED IN THE PROJECT A MEMBER OF CURB CROSSINGS ELIMINATED.

282 CURB DRIVEWAYS ELIMINATED AND PLANS TO BE A CENTER DIVIDING MEDIA THAT WILL 283 REDUCE CONFLICT POINTS AND THEREFORE SHOULD REDUCE RISKS IN TERMS OF SAFETY.

284 THAT PROJECT IS PLANNED AT LEAST IN THE FIRST PORTION OF IT, THE EASTERN MOST 285 PORTION TO ADD AN ADDITIONAL LANE WHICH SHOULD HELP WITH CONGESTION OR 286 HAVING CAPACITY ON THAT PARTICULAR ROAD.

287 AND THAT WILL RELATE TO RELIABILITY TO SOME EXTENT FOR A NON-HIGHWAY 288 CIRCUMSTANCE.

289 OF COURSE, WHEN IT COMES TO TRUCK TTR.

290 WE DO NOT HAVE PROJECTS BECAUSE WE'RE NOT DEALING WITH INTERSTATE PROJECTS.

291 I CAN ANSWER QUESTIONS OR TRY TO AT THIS POINT IF YOU HAVE ANY WITH THAT APPENDIX 292 D.

293 THIS IS A RECAP OF EVERYTHING WE HAVE DONE UP TO THIS POINT.

294 >> COUNCILMEMBER PRICE: ANYBODY HAVE QUESTIONS ON THE UPDATED TIP?

295 >> WE HAVE ONE MORE SLIDE.

296 >> YES.

297 AND THEN IN ADDITION TO THE APPENDIX D, WHICH IS THE BIG CHANGE.

298 THE BIG TEXT CHANGE, WE HAVE A NUMBER OF LITTLE INDIVIDUAL CHANGES 299 THROUGHOUT THE DOCUMENT.

300 AND WE HAVE -- PRIMARILY THAT RELATES TO THE PREVIOUS TIP HAD MENTIONED 301 THINGS WE WERE GOING TO DO.

302 WELL WE HAVE NOW DONE THEM AND SO IT'S APPROPRIATE TO CHANGE THAT TEXT.

303 SO IF YOU GO THROUGH THOSE, OF COURSE, MISCELLANEOUS ONES.

[9.  

Zoo Division Report-

  • Update on Zoo projects
  • Update on Animal Department
]

304 THE TABLE OF CONTENTS.

305 THE PAGES WILL BE CHANGED OBVIOUSLY.

[00:20:02]

306 BECAUSE SOME PAGES GET ADDED AND TAKEN OUT.

307 ON PAGE NINE, YOU WILL SEE THE HIGHLIGHTED AREAS WHERE WE PUT INFORMATION ON THE 308 MEETINGS WE'RE GOING TO HOLD.

309 AND THAT REGARD, OUR PLANNED MEETING OR OUR PUBLIC MEETING ON IS PLANNED FOR 310 MARCH SEVENTH.

311 IS THAT CORRECT?

312 >> OUR FIRST PUBLIC MEETING ON THAT AND THEN WE WILL HAVE A COMMENT PERIOD FOR 313 INDIVIDUALS WHO WISH TO COMMENT ON THE TIP.

314 WE ARE REQUIRED TO HAVE A 10 DAY ON THAT BUT WILL ALLOW THAT TO STAY UP LONGER AND 315 PLAN ON CLOSING THAT COMMENT PERIOD DOWN ON APRIL 16TH.

316 THAT SHOULD GIVE US PLENTY OF TIME TO CAPTURE THE COMMENTS AND INCORPORATE

317 INTO THE PACKET TO THE POLICY BOARD SO YOU CAN SE THE COMMENTS -- >> SLIGHT 318 CORRECTION, OPEN TO APRIL 2ND AND APRIL 16TH, WE WILL HAVE A POLICY BOARD 319 MEETING WHERE WE HAVE A PUBLIC BOARD MEETING.

320 THE COMMENTS ORAL AND WRITTEN WILL BE TAKEN AND GIVE US TIME TO GET IN THE 321 PACKETS.

322 TWO WEEKS PRIOR TO GET IN THE PACKETS FOR Y'ALL.

323 >> THAT'S RIGHT, THANK YOU.

324 >> THIS ITEM IS LISTED FOR DISCUSSION AND ACTION BUT WE'RE NOT ACTUALLY ADOPTING 325 IT UNTIL THE APRIL MEETING.

326 DO WE NEED TO TAKE OKAY TODAY?

327 >> YOU CAN TAKE ACTION ON THE DRAFT TIP AND ALLOW US TO MOVE THE DRAFT FORWARD.

328 IF Y'ALL WANT TO ACCEPT THE DRAFT TIP, THAT WOULD BE PERFECTLY APPROPRIATE AND 329 PUT OUT FOR PUBLIC REVIEW AND COME BACK TO Y'ALL FOR APRIL MEETING FOR FINAL 330 ACTION.

331 >> FOR CONSIDERATION, AMENDMENT ONE TO FY 2019-2020 TRANSPORTATION 332 IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM.

333 MOTION TO ACCEPT AND MOVE FORWARD TO THE FINAL READING?

334 >> SO MOVED.

335 >> HAVE MOTION TO APPROVE.

336 >> SECOND.

337 >> OKAY.

338 I WILL SECOND IT.

339 >> WE HAVE A MOTION AND A SECOND.

340 IS THERE ANY FURTHER DISCUSSION? 341 ALL IN FAVOR SIGNIFY BY SAYING AYE.

342 AYE.

343 >> ANY OPPOSED?

344 >> COUNCILMEMBER PRICE: THE AMENDMENT ONE IS APPROVED FOR MOVEMENT TO OUR PUBLIC 345 MEETING WHICH WILL START ON MARCH SEVENTH.

346 ITEM NUMBER 5, OR FEBRUARY 4TH RATHER IS DISCUSSION ON REQUEST FOR 347 PROPOSALS FOR CONSULTANT FOR THE METROPOLITAN TRANSPORTATION PLAN FOR FY 348 2020-2045.

349 E'LISA, YOU CAN INTRODUCE THIS.

350 >> IF Y'ALL RECALL AT THE LAST DECEMBER MEETING, Y'ALL HAD WENT AHEAD AND 351 AUTHORIZED US TO BRING BACK INFORMATION.

352 WE WERE HOPE TO GO HAVE AN ACTUAL BID TO BRING BACK TO Y'ALL BUT WE ARE NOT ABLE 353 TO DO THAT.

354 CURRENTLY BECAUSE OF NEW REQUIREMENTS AND SOME CHRISTMAS TIME THINGS AND 355 PEOPLE ON HOLIDAYS.

356 WE HAVE A NEW REQUIREMENT WITH THE TXDOT ON THE DISADVANTAGED BUSINESS 357 ENTERPRISES GOALS.

358 SO NOW ANY RFPS THAT GO OUT HAVE TO BE SENT TO AUSTIN FOR TXDOT TO PUT IN THE DBE 359 GOALS.

360 WE SUBMITTED THAT BACK FEBRUARY 1ST AND SO WE'RE STILL WORKING THROUGH THAT 361 PROCESS AND ONCE WE GET THAT BACK, WE'LL ACTUALLY BE ABLE TO PUT OUT FOR BIDS 362 AND ONCE IT GOES OUT FOR BIDS, THE TECHNICAL COMMITTEE PUT TOGETHER A 363 SUB COMMIT.

364 SO WE HAVE THE EVALUATION GROUP READY TO GO.

365 SO WE'RE JUST WAITING FOR THAT.

366 ONCE WE GET IT BACK, WE WILL PUT IT OUT.

367 GET THE EVALUATIONS AND BRING BACK TO Y'ALL AT THE NEXT MEETING.

368 Y'ALL WILL BE TAKING ACTION AT THE NEXT MEETING ON THAT.

369 IF YOU'LL LOOK THERE, THE RECOMMENDATION, WE DID PRESENT THIS TO THE 370 TECHNICAL COMMITTEE.

371 IT WAS INTRODUCED TO THE WORK GROUP AND THEY DID MAKE CHANGES AND THAT IS 372 PRESENTED TO IN YOU PACKET.

373 WE HAVE SIX TASKS WE'RE LOOKING FOR.

374 THE FIRST IS PROJECT ADMINISTRATION.

375 WE'RE LOOKING FOR JUST REPORTING, COORDINATING MEETINGS, PREPARING SCHEDULE 376 FOR THE LONG RANGE PLAN.

377 THE ANALYSIS WHICH IS LOOKING AT ALL THE PLANS AND DATA.

378 REVIEWING THE HIGHWAY, ROADWAYS.

379 TRANSIT GAP AND SERVICE.

380 FREIGHT MOVEMENT.

381 ALTERNATIVE TRANSPORTATION OPTIONS.

382 SYSTEM RELIANCE AND RESILIENCE AND FUTURE SYSTEM NEEDS EVALUATION.

383 ENSURE PERFORMANCE REQUIREMENT MEASURES ARE MET.

384 THAT'S A BIG THING IN THE LONG RANGE PLAN.

385 WE HAVE TO LOOK AT ALL PERFORMANCE MEASURES AND COMPARE WITH THE PROJECTS 386 AND HOW THEY'RE BEING MET.

387 PUBLIC INVOLVEMENT.

388 WE FOLLOW THE MPO PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION PLAN.

389 THE TASK FORCE PROJECT INVESTMENT.

390 EVALUATION AND PRIORITIZATION.

391 LOOKING AT THE PROJECTS AND DOING LISTING AND RANKING ON THE NEW PROCESS Y'ALL 392 HAVE APPROVED AND LOOKING AT PROJECTED FINANCIALS TO MAKE SURE THE PROJECTS IN 393 THE LONG RANGE PLAN ARE FUNDED AND WE ALSO HAVE WHA THEY CALL THE WISH

[00:25:02]

394 CATEGORY.

395 THOSE WE WOULD LIKE TO HAVE SEEN DONE AND NOT ABLE TO FIND FUNDING.

396 TASK FIVE IS FINAL PLAN.

397 THERE COULD BE EVALUATIONS BASED ON DEMOGRAPHIC GROUP WE HOPE TO GET OFF THE 398 TRAVEL MODEL AND UTILIZE TRANSPORTATION PLANNING AND MODEL.

399 THAT'S THE GENERIC VIEW.

400 WHEN OUR RFP GOES OUT, IT WILL BE MORE DETAILED.

401 THIS JUST GIVES Y'ALL AN OVER VIEW.

402 THIS WOULD BE COMING BACK FOR Y'ALL AT THE NEXT MEETING FOR HOPEFULLY 403 ACTION.

404 I WILL BE HAPPY TO ANSWER QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ON THE WORK POTENTIAL SCOPE OF 405 WORK.

406 >> COUNCILMEMBER PRICE: CARL, YOU EXPRESSED CONCERN ABOUT THE SCOPE OF WORK.

407 DOES THIS ADDRESS THE CONCERNS? 408 DO YOU HAVE ANY QUESTIONS?

409 >> MR. JOHNSON: IT ANSWERS SOME OF MY QUESTIONS.

410 I DON'T HAVE ANY QUESTIONS TODAY.

411 >> COUNCILMEMBER PRICE: ANYBODY ELSE HAVE QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS ON THIS? 412 AND THIS ITEM CALLS FOR NO ACTION.

413 WE WILL MOVE TO NUMBER FIVE.

414 DISCUSSION AND ANY ACTION ON A APPROXIMATELY BOARD WORKSHOP.

415 E'LISA.

416 >> INCLUDED IN YOUR PACKET IS SOME INFORMATION.

417 WE HAD HAD A WORKSHOP BACK ON JANUARY 11TH OF 2018.

418 AND AS PART OF THAT, WE HAD THE TECHNICAL MEMBERS THERE AND THE POLICY BOARD WAS 419 THERE.

420 IT WAS A REALLY GREAT WORKSHIP WHERE EVERYBODY GOT TO MINGLE AND THAT WAS 421 ONE THE ONLY TIMES THAT EVERYBODY CAN TALK ABOUT THE SAME THING AND WHERE 422 WE'RE GOING.

423 ONE OF THE BULLET POINTS IDENTIFIED, WE WOULD LIKE TO CONTINUE THAT EVERY YEAR 424 AND HAVE AN ANNUAL EVENT.

425 THIS AGENDA ITEM IS ON THERE SORT OF TO GET IDEA OF WHAT Y'ALL MIGHT LIKE TO SEE IN 426 A WORKSHOP.

427 WHAT DATES MIGHT BE GOOD FOR Y'ALL AND THEN REALLY JUST LOOKING AT IS THERE A 428 DESIRE TO DO THIS? 429 THAT WAS SOMETHING THAT WAS ADDRESSED BACK LAST YEAR AND I JUST WANT TO MAKE 430 SURE THAT IS SOMETHING YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE MOVING FORWARD, AND IF SO, STAFF 431 WILL WORK TO GET THE DATE SET UP AND MOVE FORWARD ON TOPICS AND GET SUGGESTIONS 432 WHY Y'ALL.

433 SOME OF THE ITEMS AT LAST, CUSEE HERE, WE HAD ONE, THESE WERE THE PAST 434 WORKSHOPS WE HAD ONE ON APRIL 18TH OF 2013.

435 WE HAD ONE ON NOVEMBER 30, 2016, WE HAD THE JANUARY 11, 2018.

436 THOSE WERE SOME OF THE TOPICS AND ONE OF THE THINGS I WOULD LIKE TO SEE 437 MOVING FORWARD, WE'RE GETTING READY TO DO OUR LONG RANGE PLAN.

438 IT MIGHT BE NICE TO HAVE A VISION AND GOALS OF WHERE WE WANT TRANSPORTATION TO BE 439 IN 25 YEARS.

440 WE DON'T CURRENTLY HAVE THAT AND I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THAT IN A WORKSHOP, 441 DISCUSSION ON WHERE THE POLICY BOARD WILL LIKE TO SEE THE VISION AND GOALS 442 GOAL.

443 I WOULD BE HAPPY TO ANSWER QUESTIONS.

444 JUST GETTING IDEAS FOR Y'ALL.

445 >> COUNCILMEMBER PRICE: ANY THOUGHTS FROM THE BOARD?

446 >> MR. CHAIRPERSON, CARL, YOU AND I HAVE HAD CONVERSATION IN THE PAST.

447 IN REGARDS TO THE POSSIBLE OPPORTUNITY TO IDENTIFY MAYBE AND NAVIGATE THE 448 PARAMETERS REGARDING USING OFF-SYSTEM PROJECTS AND POSSIBLY HAVE CONVERSATION 449 ABOUT THAT LONG-TERM, YOU MAY HAVE MENTIONED TO ME FOR THAT TO HAPPEN, THERE 450 WOULD NEED TO BE A FORMALIZED WORKSHOP WHERE THERE'S AGREEMENT AND 451 ALTHOUGH UNCOMMON, IF WE WANTED TO, IF THIS BODY WANTED TO GO DOWN THAT 452 ROAD, A WORKSHOP WOULD BE THE APPROPRIATE MECHANISM TO TRIGGER THAT.

453 IS THAT CORRECT, CARL?

454 >> I BELIEVE SO.

455 I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THAT CONVERSATION.

456 SO MR. CHAIRPERSON, I WOULD LOVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO HAVE CONVERSATION ABOUT 457 IDENTIFYING OFF-SYSTEM PROJECTS IN OUR LONG-TERM PLANNING.

458 >> WE TALKED ABOUT THIS E'LISA, THERE'S PROBABLY SOMEONE FROM TXDOT THAT 459 COULD COME DOWN AND HELP US UNDERSTAND WHAT THE HURDLES HAVE BEEN IN USING ANY OF 460 THE FUNDING FOR OFF-SYSTEM AND HOW WE CAN ADJUST OR TWEAK OR APPROACH SO WE CAN 461 ACCOMPLISH THAT.

462 IT WOULD BE GOOD TO HAVE SOMEONE PARTICIPATE IN THE WORKSHOP THAT CAN PROVIDE 463 THAT AND IF THERE'S SOMETHING AT TXDOT LEVEL, UP IN AUSTIN, THAT MAY BE OUR 464 SUGGESTIONS MIGHT HELP STREAM LINE THE PROCESS, THEN THAT WOULD BE 465 BENEFICIAL FOR US TO HAVE.

466 >> OKAY.

467 >> A REPRESENTATIVE FROM AUSTIN TXDOT TO HELP US NAVIGATE THAT, UNDERSTAND 468 THAT AND IF SOMEBODY NEEDS TO CHANGE AT THAT LEVEL, BE A PART OF THE CONVERSATION 469 ON WHAT THAT WOULD LOOK LIKE.

470 >> OKAY, I'M WORKING WITH MR. PAGE, NICK PAGE ON SECURING A SPEAKER FOR THAT 471 EVENT I GUESS.

[4.  Adjournment]

472 SO I WAS JUST DOING PRELIMINARY VISITING WITH HIM JUST IN CASE THE BOARD

[00:30:03]

473 DID WANT TO MOVE FORWARD SO WE COULD AT LEAST HAVE IDEA TO BRING SOMEBODY IN FOR 474 THAT.

475 >> SO, IS THAT A CONSENSUS FROM THE BOARD?

476 >> ARE YOU SUGGESTING WE'RE ONLY GOING TO TALK ABOUT OFF-SYSTEM PROJECTS OR A 477 TIME TO GET TOGETHER TO TALK ABOUT ALL PROJECTS?

478 >> COUNCILMEMBER PRICE: E'LISA ASKED ABOUT A VISION STATEMENT ON OUR GOAL FOR 479 TRANSPORTATION SYSTEMS FOR THE NEXT 25 YEARS.

480 THAT HELP PROVIDE GUIDANCE TO STAFF AS THEY'RE WORKING ON THINGS TO BRING TO THE 481 TAC AND US.

482 THEY CAN SAY WE'RE GETTING FEEDBACK FROM THE PUBLIC AND THIS FITS BETTER WITHIN THE 483 VISION AND GOALS AND POLICY BOARD.

484 SO MOVING IN THAT DIRECTION.

485 SO I THINK THERE WAS MORE THAN JUST OFF-SYSTEM.

486 >> YES, SIR, I WOULD LIKE AT, LIKE YOU CAN SEAT PREVIOUS ONES.

487 WE HAD FUNDING SOURCES AND CATEGORIES.

488 JUST A GENERAL OVER VIEW OF THE DIFFERENT FUNDING CATEGORIES THAT ARE, YOU 489 KNOW I KNOW WE ONLY HAVE CATEGORY 2.

490 JUST TO GET AN UNDERSTANDING WHAT THE OTHER CATEGORIES ARE.

491 WHAT HAS BEEN IN THE AREA AND THOSE TYPE OF THING.

492 MAYBE AT LOOKING AT THE OBJECTIVES, MAYBE YOU KNOW BEFORE WE HAVE DONE A LOT OF 493 PUBLIC INVOLVEMENT.

494 THIS MIGHT BE AN OPPORTUNITY TO LOOK AT WHAT YOU WANT TO CHANGE AND GET INTO THE 495 COMMUNITY.

496 YOU CAN SEND ME IDEAS OR SUGGESTIONS ON THINGS YOU WOULD LIKE TO SEE AND PULL 497 SPEAKERS TOGETHER WORKING WITH TXDOT DO GET FOLKS HERE THAT COULD TALK ABOUT 498 SOME OF THOSE SUBJECTS.

499 >> OKAY.

500 I WOULD LIKE TO SEE THAT BE AS INFORMAL AS THE RULES ALLOW IT TO BE.

501 SO THAT WE CAN HAVE THE CONVERSATIONS WITHOUT YOU KNOW, BEING ON THE HOOK FOR 502 JUST CONVERSATION.

503 >> YES, SIR.

504 >> HOW SOON DO WE WANT TO LOOK AT DOING A WORKSHOP? 505 DO WE WANT TO LOOK AT MARCH OR DOES IT NEED TO BE FURTHER OUT?

506 >> OKAY.

507 LET ME ASK A QUICK QUESTION BEFORE I ANSWER THAT.

508 THE WORKSHOP WE DID LAST YEAR WHERE WE HAD DIFFERENT FOLKS OVER THERE AT YOUR 509 BUILDING, ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT A SIMILAR THING? 510 ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT MORE INFORMAL THAN THAT? 511 I WOULD LIKE TO SEE IT MORE INFORMAL THAN THAT.

512 >> YES, SIR, I WOULD TOO.

513 >> THAT WAS INFORMATION.

514 >> DEFINITELY, I WOULD LIKE TO SEE WHERE IT'S MAYBE WE HAVE A COUPLE THING WE GO 515 OVER MAYBE OUR AGREEMENTS AND SOME OF OUR MOUS, JUST GIVING Y'ALL A BACKGROUND 516 AND WHAT AN MPO, WHAT WE DO TO COVER SOME OF THOSE AND THEN GO INTO MORE OF AN OPEN 517 DISCUSSION ABOUT FUNDING, OPEN DISCUSSION ABOUT THE PROJECTS THAT WE'VE GOT 518 GOING.

519 MAYBE TALK ABOUT THE LONG RANGE PLAN AND THEN YOU CAN ALSO GO INTO THE VISIONING 520 AND GOALS.

521 WHERE YOU WANT TO SEAT LONG RANGE PLAN.

522 MORE INFORMAL WOULD BE GOOD.

523 >> THE TARGET AUDIENCE IS THIS GROUP AND THE TAC.

524 >> IT WOULD BE A PUBLIC MEETING AND WE WOULD HAVE TO POST THE AGENDA.

525 THE PUBLIC WOULD BE WELCOME TO ATTEND ALSO.

526 >> OKAY.

527 >> SO AS FAR AS THE TIMING, IS SOME TIME IN MARCH TOO SOON TO GET TOGETHER? 528 NOT ONLY COORDINATE WHAT WE NEED TO DO FOR LOCATION BUT ALSO BRING IN OUTSIDE 529 SPEAKERS.

530 >> I THINK I CAN LOOK TOWARDS THE END OF MATCH OR FIRST OF APRIL.

531 I WOULD LIKE TO GET A COUPLE FOLKS FROM AUSTIN TO TALK ABOUT THE FUNDING.

532 MAYBE LOOKING FORWARD THE END OF MARCH AND FIRST PART OF APRIL.

533 >> OKAY.

534 >> REALLY IF THAT'S TOO COMPRESSED TIME FRAME, THERE'S NOTHING WRONG WITH 535 LATE APRIL OR EARLY MAY.

536 ANY KIND OF CONFLICTS IN SECURING PRESENTERS, IF IT'S BETTER, I RATHER WAIT A 537 LITTLE BIT INSTEAD OF RUSHING IT TO MAXIMIZE THE OPPORTUNITY.

538 >> HOW ABOUT WE DO THIS, GIVE ME TOPICS OF THINGS Y'ALL WOULD LIKE TO SEE AND 539 GET WITH TXDOT TO SEE WHAT WE CAN GET IN.

540 VIA E-MAIL?

541 >> YES, SIR.

542 WE REALLY WANT MORE TIME IN THE WORKSHIP FOR DISCUSSION AND NOT SO MUCH 543 PRESENTATION.

544 WHAT KIND OF OUTSIDE INFORMATION DO YOU NEED OR IF IT'S MORE OF INTERNAL, 545 LOCAL CONVERSATION.

546 I DON'T KNOW HOW MANY PRESENTERS YOU'RE GOING TO TRY TO SCHEDULE UP.

547 BUT THAT'S WHAT I'M HEARING, LET'S SIT DOWN AND TALK ABOUT THE LOCAL INTERESTS 548 ARE AND HOW THEY WORK WITHIN THE FRAMEWORKS OF THE AGENCIES THAT ARE

[00:35:03]

549 INVOLVED.

550 >> YES, SIR.

551 >> VERY INFORMAL WAY.

552 >> YES, SIR, THE ONLY SPEAKER I CURRENTLY HAVE LISTED IN MY NOTES IS TO 553 GET SOMEBODY TO TALK ABOUT OFF-SYSTEM PROJECTS AND FUNDING.

554 THAT'S ONE FOR SURE ON THAT.

555 >> I KNOW SOMEBODY THAT CAN TALK ABOUT THAT.

556 THE TRANSPORTATION COMMISSION IS WHO SETS THAT.

557 >> YES, SIR.

558 >> WITH THE LEGISLATIVE SESSION GOING ON RIGHT NOW, I DON'T KNOW THAT'S 559 ACTUALLY GOING TO CHANGE ANY TIME SOON.

560 SO, I THINK IT'S OKAY TO HAVE THE CONVERSATION.

561 WE CAN CERTAINLY GET SOMEBODY TO TELL YOU THAT.

562 THERE'S NO WAY TO KNOW WHAT THE LEGISLATIVE SESSION IS GOING TO DO.

563 IF THEY'RE GOING TO CHANGE THAT.

564 THERE'S NO WAY TO KNOW THAT.

565 SO YOU KNOW, AFTER THE SESSION IS OVER, WE WILL HAVE A BETTER IDEA OF 566 ANYTHING THAT MIGHT CHANGE.

567 WE COULD CERTAINLY GET SOMEBODY TO TELL YOU THE CURRENT POLICY AND WHY IT'S 568 THAT WAY.

569 THAT'S PROBABLY NOT A LONG CONVERSATION FROM THAT PERSON THAT WOULD COME.

570 MAYBE SOME QUESTION AND ANSWER WOULD BE WARRANTED THERE.

571 THE REST OF IT, THE FUNDING, WE COULD GET SOMEBODY FOR THAT.

572 THERE'S PROBABLY HALF A DAY OR LESS OF SOMEBODY TALKING TO US WITH QUESTION AND 573 ANSWERS AND THEN MAYBE A COUPLE HOURS OF OPEN CONVERSATION.

574 I CAN ENVISION THAT.

575 I DON'T SEE IT BEING ALL DAY WITH SPEAKERS.

576 >> NO, SIR.

577 NORMALLY WHAT WE -- >> MAYBE AN HOUR OF SPEAKERS PROBABLY WOULD BE -- >> SO 578 NORMALLY WE HAVE RIGHT BEFORE LUNCH.

579 WE HAVE A SHORT BREAK FOR LUNCH AND HAVE AN HOUR OR TWO IN THE AFTERNOON.

580 THAT'S NORMALLY HOW WE DO IT.

581 SEEMS TO WORK WITH YOUR SCHEDULE PRETTY WELL.

582 IF WE CAN COME UP WITH A DATE, THAT'S HOW I SUGGEST WE DO IT AGAIN.

583 >> NOT ONLY ADD, MAYBE I WOULD LOVE, REPRESENTATIVE LAMBERT TO BE ABLE TO 584 ATTEND.

585 WHEN WE LOOK TO IDENTIFY DATES, COORDINATION WITH HIS OFFICE AND SO HE COULD 586 HEAR SOME OF THOSE THING.

587 IT COMES DOWN TO POLICY.

588 AND NOT THIS SESSION BUT MAYBE IT SETS IT UP FOR A CONVERSATION TO ENGAGE NEXT 589 TIME, NEXT GO AROUND.

590 >> MAYBE SOMEONE FROM SENATOR BUCKINGHAM'S OFFICE AS WELL.

591 >> OKAY.

592 OR AND ALSO SENATOR PERRY'S OFFICE.

593 >> OKAY.

594 >> SO, YOU'RE GOING TO COORDINATE SOME, YOU'RE GOING TO FIND OUT WHEN 595 THEY'RE AVAILABLE AND WE'LL LOOK AT LIKE COUNTY, BOTH COUNTY MEETINGS.

596 CITY COUNCIL MEETINGS.

597 >> YES, SIR.

598 >> TXDOT SCHEDULE TO MAKE SURE -- >> AND I'LL SEND Y'ALL OUT TEMPORARY DATES.

599 IF YOU COULD SEND ME FEEDBACK ON OTHER ITEMS YOU MIGHT THINK ABOUT THAT 600 Y'ALL MIGHT WANT TO SEE AND PUT THAT TOGETHER.

601 >> OKAY.

602 >> COUNCILMEMBER PRICE: SO ANY OTHER CONSIDERATION OR THOUGHTS? 603 WHAT IS FOR LUNCH THAT DAY? 604 605 SOMETHING GOOD TO GET Y'ALL THERE.

606 AS WE MOVE TO ITEM 6.

607 >> WHATEVER NICK APPROVES.

608 I SHOULD CLARIFY THAT.

609 >> MOVING TO ITEM 6, I WAS GOING TO INTRODUCE A COUPLE SPECIAL GUESTS AND NICK IS 610 ONE OF THEM WITH TXDOT.

611 NICK PAGE.

612 AND ANTHONY JONES.

613 WITH THE FEDERAL HIGHWAY ASSOCIATION.

614 APPRECIATE -- ADMINISTRATION RATHER.

615 APPRECIATE Y'ALL BEING HERE WITH THE OTHERS IN THE AUDIENCE.

616 NUMBER 6 IS DISCUSSION REVIEW OF TRANSPORTATION PROJECTS BY TXDOT STAFF, 617 CITY STAFF AND CITY LINK STAFF.

618 START WITH TXDOT.

619 >> I THINK PAUL NORMAN IS COMING UP FOR THAT.

620 >> FIRST PROJECT ON THE LIST IS OUR U.S.

621 83 BRIDGE RAIL UPGRADE, MILL AND FILL.

622 THE BRIDGE RAIL PART IS COMPLETE.

623 WITH THE EXCEPTION OF OVER THE RAILROAD WHICH WE ARE HAVING SOME ISSUES WITH UPR 624 ON GETTING CLEARANCE TO WORK OVER THE RIGHT-OF-WAY.

625 THE FILL IS COMPLETE UP TO THE INTERSTATE.

626 THE PART NORTH OF THE INTERSTATE WHEN THE CONTRACTOR REALIZED THEY 627 WERE COMING IN APRIL TO FINISH THE WORK.

628 SHOULD BE FINISHED IN LATE SPRING.

629 THE NEXT PROJECT ON THE LIST IS THE I-20 PROJECT.

630 CONTRACT PAVING.

631 THEY ARE CURRENTLY WORKING ON EAST 80 SECTION.

632 ONCE THEY COMPLETE THE PAVING ON THAT SECTION OF THE ROADWAY, THEY WILL MOVE 633 ON TO THE SOUTH FIRST.

634 WE HAD HAVE DISCUSSION WITH THEM SO WE DON'T HAVE TO EXPAND OUT TOO FAR.

635 THEY ARE PROJECTED TO BE MOVING TO SOUTH FIRST IN APRIL AND STARTING THAT 636 WORK THERE.

637 THERE WILL BE SOME WORK TO GO ON 80 BUT THE PAVING WILL BE COMPLETED BY THAT 638 POINT.

639 THE NEXT ONE IS ON THE LIST IS WILLIS ELECTRIC.

640 IT'S ILLUMINATION UPGRADE.

641 WITHIN THE LIMITS OF THE FIRST PROJECT.

642 FROM NORTH 10, SOUTH FIRST, UPGRADING THE LIGHTING.

[00:40:02]

643 THAT PROJECT IS CURRENTLY UNDER WAY.

644 THE BEST MADE COMPLETION IS LATE SPRING.

645 THE FOURTH ONE ON THE LIST, WHICH OUR LIST IS SHORT.

646 BUTLER CONSTRUCTION, U.S.

647 83-84 FROM 707 TO THE 83-84 SPLIT.

648 THE CLARK ROAD PROJECT.

649 GRADE SEPARATION AT MF 2 AND MILAM FIELD.

650 THEY EXPECT BY THEIR SCHEDULE LATE SUMMER WHEN THE PROJECT WILL BEGIN.

651 >> OKAY.

652 GREAT.

653 >> COUNCILMEMBER PRICE: ANY QUESTIONS?

654 >> I HAVE A QUESTION, IT'S NOT ON THE LIST.

655 I THINK THERE'S WORK BEING DONE ON I-20, AND A MILLING PROCESS OR TEXTURING 656 PROCESS.

657 WE'RE SEEING A LOT OF OVERSIZED LOAD BEING REROUTED UP 707 AND CURIOUS 658 ABOUT THEIR PERMITTING TO BE ON THAT SIDE ROAD.

659 MAYBE IT'S WIND TURBIN PROJECTS.

660 I'M ASSUMING THERE'S DIVERTED TRAFFIC OR LANE CLOSURES THAT'S FORCING 661 THAT TRAFFIC UP 707.

662 DO Y'ALL HAVE ANY IDEA?

663 >> I DON'T KNOW.

664 WE HAVE PROJECTS ON 277 NORTH OF ABILENE.

665 I-20 EAST OF ABILENE, 83-84 SOUTH.

666 SO THE PERMITTING IS BEING DIFFICULT RIGHT NOW.

667 THEY ARE TO FIND ALTERNATE ROUTES.

668 THAT SECTION OF 707 IS UNDER CONTRACT.

669 >> RIGHT I KNOW THAT'S A PROPOSED PROJECT.

670 WE'RE JUST SEEING THE OVERSIZED LOADS.

671 THAT'S A TWO-LANE FARM TO MARKET HIGHWAY AND IT'S CREATING SOME DISCUSSIONS.

672 AND QUESTIONS ARE BEING ASKED.

673 >> OKAY.

674 WHO DO YOU NEED TO TALK TO?

675 >> WE WILL LOOK INTO IT IT FOR YOU.

676 >> OKAY.

677 THANK YOU.

678 ANY OTHER QUESTIONS? 679 THANK YOU, PAUL.

680 >> THANK YOU.

681 >> NEXT WE WILL MOVE TO THE CITY OF ABILENE PROJECTS.

682 >> HELLO.

683 BASICALLY WE'RE KIND OF IN A TRANSITION FROM THIS YEAR'S PROJECTS INTO NEXT YEAR'S 684 PROJECT.

685 SO I WAS TRYING TO REDO THIS SPREADSHEET A LITTLE BIT TO ACCOUNT FOR THE DIFFERENT 686 TYPES OR CATEGORIES OF PROJECTS THAT WE HAD AND I LEFT OFF BID DATES.

687 I'M LEAVING OFF THE BID DATES WITH SOMEWHAT INTENTIONAL THAT I REALLY 688 WANT TO CHANGE FROM BID DATES BECAUSE AT SOME POINT AND TIME, BID DATES BECOME 689 QUASI-IRRELEVANT.

690 UNDER THE PROJECT BID NOT YET UNDER CONSTRUCTION, I WOULD NEED TO UPDATE THE 691 CATEGORY AT SOME POINT TO STATE AWARDED BY COUNCIL OR SOMETHING TO THE AFFECT.

692 HARTFORD CORSICA NA AND LEGGETT HAVE BEEN APPROVED.

693 AND WILL GO TO COUNSEL ON FEBRUARY 28TH.

694 THE PROJECTS HAVE ALL BEEN BID AND/OR AWARDED DEPENDING ON WHETHER THEY 695 HAVE BEEN TO COUNCIL OR NOT.

696 THOSE ARE ROUGHLY THE PROJECTS THAT WILL BE BEGINNING THIS SPRING.

697 LATE MATCH, EARLY APRIL KIND OF TIME FRAME.

698 THERE'S ONE MORE PROJECT THAT STILL HAS TO BE BID OUT AT THIS POINT WHICH IS 699 THE SODA HMAC PHASE THREE AND THAT BID OPENING IS ON FEBRUARY 28TH, WHICH IS 700 ALSO A COUNCIL DATE.

701 IT WILL NOT BE ON THE COUNCIL MEETING.

702 IT WILL FOLLOW AT THE FIRST COUNCIL MEETING OF THE MARCH TIME FRAME, WHICH I 703 BELIEVE SHOULD BE ABOUT THE 14TH OF MARCH IF THE CALENDAR IS CORRECT.

704 SO CURRENTLY RIGHT NOW WE REALLY ONLY HAVE A COUPLE OF PROJECTS GOING ON THAT 705 ARE IN THE FINISH UP PHASES OR JUST ABOUT TO FINISH UP.

706 THE PRIMARY ONE OF THOSE IS THE CBD WEST HOT MIX PROJECT.

707 IT'S BASICALLY DONE.

708 THEY WERE JUST DOING A LITTLE BIT OF CLEAN UP AT THIS TIME, IT SHOULD BE 709 DROPPING DOWN INTO THE COMPLETED WORK SECTION IN THE COMPLETED WORK SESSION, 710 SINCE THE LAST TIME WE MET, WE HAVE INDUSTRIAL BOULEVARD, WHICH WAS 711 FINISHED UP WITH THE FIRST PAY ESTIMATE IN JANUARY, WHICH WAS BASICALLY A 712 DECEMBER PAY ESTIMATE.

713 AND THE SODA PHASE TWO PROJECT, WHICH WE FINISHED UP AT THE END OF MONTH OF 714 JANUARY.

715 SO RIGHT NOW WE'RE JUST GETTING READY TO GO TO WORK IN APRIL OR MARCH WITH ALL 716 OF THOSE PROJECTS LISTED BELOW.

717 AND THEN UNDER THE PUBLIC WORKS PROJECTS IN DESIGN PHASE, WE'VE GOT FOUR 718 PROJECTS THAT WILL GO OUT IN OR FOUR TO FIVE IN THE 2020 TIME FRAME.

719 THEY'RE BEING BUILT WITH THE BOND PROJECTS.

720 THOSE ARE LAST PROJECTS OF THE 2015 SCHEDULED BOND PROJECTS.

721 WE HAVE QUITE A SUBSTANTIAL AMOUNT OF MONEY.

722 WE PROBABLY WILL ADD ADDITIONAL PROJECTS TO THAT 2015 BOND PROJECT LIST AND 723 WE WILL BE COMING TO COUNCIL FOR CONCURRENCE ON THE SELECTION OF THOSE 724 OVERALL BOND PROJECTS.

725 >> WHAT IS THE BALLPARK ON THE LEFT OVER MONEY SAVED?

726 >> SO IN GENERAL, AND IT'S A VERY GENERAL NUMBER, I WILL SAY THAT IT'S SOMEWHERE IN 727 THE 15 TO 20% RANGE OF THAT OVERALL $46.9 MILLION AMOUNT.

728 BUT I HAVEN'T HAD AN ACTUAL ACCOUNTING FROM THE FINANCE DEPARTMENT YET TO KNOW HOW

[00:45:02]

729 MUCH WE REALLY SAVED, AND ONE OF THE PROJECTS THAT WE'RE LOOKING AT GOING 730 FORWARD IN THE CBD CONCRETE, WE HAD A DESIGN CONSULTANT INVOLVED IN THAT 731 AND SAID OUR PRELIMINARY COST ESTIMATES WERE PROBABLY LOWER THAN THEY 732 NEEDED TO BE SO THAT PROJECT WILL EAT UP SOME OF THOSE FUNDS TO GET IT BACK 733 ON TRACK.

734 BUT OVERALL, WE'RE YOU KNOW, WE'RE ON BUDGET FOR ALL OF THE 25 ORIGINAL PROJECTS OR 735 EVEN SAVING MONEY FROM WHAT WE BELIEVE THOSE 25 PROJECTS WOULD BE.

736 WE SHOULD BE ABLE TO GET EXTRA STREETS OUT THERE ON THE ROAD.

737 >> VERY GOOD.

738 >> COUNCILMEMBER PRICE: ANY OTHER QUESTIONS? 739 THANK YOU AND NOW WE'LL MOVE TO CITY LINK.

740 >> SO CITY LINK ACCEPTED THE DELIVERY ON THREE OF THE PARATRANSIT VANS.

741 THIS IS THE FIRST TIME WE HAVE GOTTEN ANY THAT CAN HOLD 12 AMBULATORY OR SIX 742 WHEEL CHAIR.

743 THAT'S BEEN REALLY NICE FOR US.

744 WE'RE GOING TO BE LOOKING AT DISPOSING NOT ANY TIME SOON BUT THIS YEAR SOME TIME, 745 THREE OF OUR OLDER PARATRANSIT VANS.

746 WE ONLY HAVE ONE THAT WE CURRENTLY KNOW WHICH ONE IS.

747 WE ARE LOOKING AT THE OTHER TWO SO WE HAVE ALL THREE NUMBERS.

748 WE HAVE ENTERED INTO A CONTRACT WITH BOTH LINK UP AND DISABILITY IN ACTION.

749 THEY HAVE BEEN HELPING US WITH OUR AMBULATORY TAKING TRIPS BACK AND FORTH.

750 RELIEVING US AND OPENED US UP TO DOING MORE OF THE WHEEL CHAIRS.

751 >> YOU FEEL GOOD ABOUT BOTH VENDORS?

752 >> YES.

753 THERE HAS BEEN A LITTLE BIT OF, A FEW BUMPS IN THE VERY BEGINNING BUT WAS TO BE 754 EXPECTED BECAUSE WE HAVE NEVER DONE THIS BEFORE.

755 WE ARE WORKING THROUGH THOSE AND THEY ARE VERY OPEN TO SUGGESTIONS FROM US.

756 WE ALSO ARE IN THE PROCESS OF GETTING THINGS READY FOR THE FEDERAL TRANSIT 757 ADMINISTRATION'S TRIANNUAL, THIS HAPPENS EVERY THREE YEARS.

758 WITH THE CLOSE DOWN OF THE GOVERNMENT, IT KIND OF PUT EVERYTHING OFF SO WE'RE 759 LOOKING SOMEWHERE LATE SPRING, EARLY SUMMER, WE WILL HAVE THE ACTUAL AUDIT.

760 WE STILL HAVEN'T HEARD FROM THEIR CONTRACTORS, THE PEOPLE THAT WE'RE GOING TO 761 UPLOAD THE INFORMATION TO.

762 WE HAVEN'T HEARD FROM THEM.

763 THAT IS UP IN THE AIR.

764 AND THEN, WE HAD MR. BEN HUR AS OUR INTERIM GM AND THEY ARE ACTIVELY TRYING TO FIND 765 A GENERAL MANAGER.

766 THANK YOU.

767 >> ABOUT A YEAR AGO WE CHANGED THE ROUTES, AND YOU KNOW, THAT'S HAD TIME TO 768 SETTLE DOWN.

769 HAS THERE BEEN MUCH FEED BACKON THAT AS FAR AS REQUEST FOR CHANGES OR HAS 770 IT BEEN WELL RECEIVED?

771 >> THE REQUEST FOR CHANGES ARE COMING BECAUSE WE HAVE A LOT OF TIME CUSHION.

772 WE NEED TO SHRINK THAT DOWN.

773 THERE ARE BUSES THAT ARE GOING SLOWER ON THE ROUTES.

774 SO WE'RE MEETING THE TIME POINTS THAT HAVE BEEN PUBLISHED INSIDE THE 775 BROCHURES THAT THE PUBLIC HAS AND ON THE WEBSITES.

776 IT'S CREATING LONGER GAPS OF SITTING IN AND WAITING SO WE CAN MOVE AND MAKE IT 777 THROUGH THE NEXT ONE.

778 THAT WAY NOBODY MISSES THEIR BUS STOPS OR CONNECTIONS.

779 THAT'S PENDING ANOTHER PROJECT THAT WE ARE CURRENTLY WORKING WITH DON 780 GREEN ON, AND ONCE THAT ONE COMES ABOUT AND GETS TO SOM STAKEHOLDERS AND CITY 781 COUNCIL, THEY WERE GOING TO RE-LOOK AT RE-PUBLISHING THE BOOK AND TIGHTENING UP 782 THE TIME FRAMES.

783 THAT'S PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING ON THAT ONE.

784 IT'S BEEN REALLY WELL.

[00:50:01]

785 WE'RE HAPPY WITH IT.

786 THE >> ANY OTHER QUESTIONS? 787 REGARDING CITY LINK? 788 THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

789 WE WILL NOW MOVE TO ITEM 7, DISCUSSION AND REVIEW OF REPORTS ON FINANCIAL 790 STATUS, OPERATIONS REPORT AND DIRECTOR'S REPORT.

791 >> OKAY.

792 INCLUDED IN YOUR PACKET IS THE FISCAL YEAR 2019, THIS YOU CAN SEE THAT WE 793 RECEIVED TWO WORK ORDER AND AMOUNTS TO $237,684.

794 WE HAD THREE EXPENDITURES, AMOUNTS TO $50,440.93.

795 THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE THE CARRYOVER AMOUNTS WHICH IS ABOUT $227,000.

796 SO WE SHOULD BE GETTING AUTHORIZATION FOR THAT ONCE ALL THE FINANCIAL REPORTS 797 ARE IN FROM LAST YEAR THE 2018.

798 SO THAT'S CURRENTLY WHERE WE STAND IN THE FINANCIAL OBLIGATIONS.

799 THE OPERATION REPORT IS INCLUDED IN YOUR PACKET.

800 SO WE HAVE BEEN A LITTLE BUSY WITH THE TIP AMENDMENTS AND TRYING TO 801 GET THE RFP DONE AND THEN SOME OF THE LOOKING AT THE TRAVEL DEMAND MODEL AND 802 WORKING WITH TXDOT ON THAT.

803 AND SO THAT'S SORT OF WHERE WE'RE AT IN THAT PROCESS.

804 THEN ON THE DIRECTOR'S REPORTS, ON THE YEAR END REPORTS, SO THE ANNUAL 805 PERFORMANCE AND EXPENDITURE REPORT WAS SUBMITTED TO TXDOT AND GOT OUR APPROVAL 806 ON THAT.

807 THE ANNUAL LIST OF OBLIGATED PROJECTS, WE GOT THE INFORMATION FROM TXDOT ON 808 JANUARY 15TH AND RECEIVED THE INFORMATION FROM THE CITY OF FINANCE.

809 THAT STILL NEEDS TO BE SUBMITTED.

810 WE HOPEFULLY WILL HAVE THAT BY THE END OF THE MONTH.

811 THE TRAVEL DEMAND MODEL.

812 WE'RE STILL AT RFP AND YOU KNOW ABOUT THAT.

813 THE THE TRAVEL DEMAND MODEL DEMOGRAPHICS ARE PENDING A WORK AUTHORIZATION FROM 814 TXDOT.

815 WE HOPING THEY GET STARTED SOON SO WE'LL HAVE THE DEMOGRAPHIC WORK FOR DOING 816 OUR LONG RANGE PLAN.

817 THE UNIFIED PLANNING, YOU WILL SEE THAT ON THE AGENDAS COMING UP BECAUSE 818 THAT'S DUE IN APRIL 2019.

819 WE WILL GET STARTED ON THAT AND Y'ALL WILL SEE AT THAT THE APRIL MEETING.

820 THE MTP IS DUE JANUARY 2020.

821 I THINK THAT'S IT.

822 I WILL BE HAPPY TO ANSWER QUESTIONS.

823 >> ANYBODY HAVE QUESTIONS FROM E'LISA ON THESE ITEMS? 824 OKAY.

825 WE WILL MOVE TO THE NEXT ITEM, 8, OPPORTUNITY FOR MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC TO 826 MAKE COMMENTS ON MPO ISSUES.

827 IF THERE'S ANY MEMBER OF THE PUBLIC PRESENT AND WOULD LIKE TO MAKE A COMMENT 828 ABOUT ANYTHING WE DISCUSSED TODAY, YOU'RE WELCOME TO COME FORWARD AND STATE YOUR 829 NAME FOR THE RECORD.

830 >> I WAS JUST GOING TO TELL YOU I DID CHECK WITH THE DESIGNER AND THERE'S NO 831 SIDEWALK ON THE 707 PROJECT.

832 THERE MIGHT BE ADA WE'RE GOING TO UPGRADE BUT THERE WILL BE NO SIDEWALK.

833 ON THE OTHER PROJECT, WE MAY LET THAT WITH BUFFALO GAP BUT WILL GET WITH MR. LIGHT 834 TO SCHEDULE THAT.

835 THAT WILL BE A LONG PROJECT, TWO-YEAR PROJECT AND MAKE SURE WE SCHEDULE THAT WITH 836 THE CONTRACTOR TO WORK.

837 WE WILL PUT ACCELERATED MILE STONES WHERE WE DID THE CONCRETE PAVING.

838 WE WILL DO SOMETHING SIMILAR.

839 >> THANK YOU VERY MUCH.

840 ALL RIGHT.

841 I WILL CLOSE THE PUBLIC COMMENT TIME.

842 NUMBER NINE, IS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR BOARD MEMBERS, TAC MEMBERS OR MPO 843 STAFF TO RECOMMEND TOPICS FOR FUTURE DISCUSSION AND/OR ACTION.

844 ANYTHING YOU WANT TO PUT ON THE FUTURE AGENDA? 845 ALL RIGHT.

846 WELL, OUR NEXT MEETING IS APRIL 16TH HERE IN THIS ROOM AND WE ARE ADJOURNED.

847 THANK YOU FOR YOUR ATTENDANCE. 848 00:53:55,031 >> THANK YOU.



* This transcript was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.