Link

Social

Embed

Download

Download
Download Transcript

[1. Call to Order. Public comment on any item on the agenda.]

[00:00:06]

. >> I CALLED A MEETING OF THE ABILENE TRANSPORTATION BOARD TO ORDER. PUBLIC COMMENT CAN BE TAKEN ON ANY ITEM. TWO ITEMS TODAY, ITEMS THREE AND FOUR THAT RECEIVE FEDERAL FUNDING THAT REQUIRES A PUBLIC HEARING. I WILL HAVE AN EXPLICIT PUBLIC HEARING ON THOSE ITEMS, BUT PUBLIC COMMENT CAN BE TAKEN ON ANY ITEM.

[2. Consideration and Action on the minutes of the December 17, 2019 meeting.]

I MOVED TO NUMBER TWO, CONSIDERATION AND ACTION ON THE MINUTES FROM SEPTEMBER 17, 2019 MEETING. I HAVE THREE CORRECTIONS FOR THAT.

ONE WOULD LIKE TO RECOGNIZE CLIFF HAVING EARNED HIS PROJECT MANAGEMENT PROFESSIONAL DESIGNATION. WE CAN PUT THE PMP AFTER HIS NAME ON THE BEGINNING OF THAT.

ON PAGE 3, ITEM NUMBER FIVE, THE CITY OF ABILENE SECTION CLOSE TO THE TOP HAS CBB.

AND THEN HAFWAY THROUGH IT SAYS NOR 6 TO NORTH FIRST. THAT SHOULD BE NORTH SIX -LEGETT NORTH SIXTH TO GRAPE STREET. ANY OTHER CHANGES? WE HAVE A MOTION AND A A COND. ALL IN FAVOR SAY AYE. THE MINUTES ARE APPROVED.

[3. Receive a Report, Hold a Discussion and a Public Hearing, and Take Action on the DRAFT amendment to the FYs 20 19-2022 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP).]

THE DRAFT AMENDMENT FOR THE 2019-2022 IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM. >> INCLUDED IN YOUR PACKET IS AN AMENDMENT TO THE FISCAL YEAR 2019-2022 TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM.

IF YOU LOOK, WE ARE HAVING A PUBLIC COMMENT PERIOD WHICH WAS ADVERTISED IN THE PAPER FEBRUARY 15. IT WILL RUN THROUGH MARCH 2 AT 5:00.

WE WILL HAVE TWO PUBLIC MEETINGS. WHAT IS TO DATE FOR THE PUBLIC HEARING AND THE SECOND ONE IS GOING TO BE ON FEBRUARY 20 FROM 4:00 UNTIL 6:00 IN THE MPO OFFICES.HAT'S AN OPPORTUNITY TO COMMENT ON THE DRAFT DOCUMENT.

THE RECOMMEND APPROVAL FOR THE DRAFT DOCUMENT AND I WILL GO THROUGH SOME OF THE CHANGES.

IF YOU LOOK ON THE SCREEN, YOU CAN ALSO FOLLOW ALONG ON THE SHEET.

THE COVERSHEET HAS CHANGED. THE TABLE OF CONTENTS, THE PAGE NUMBERS AND PUBLIC PPARTICIPATION PROCESS WILL CHANGE ONCE WE FIND OUT ANY PUBLIC COMMENTS.

THE HIGHWAY PROJECT THERE IS CHANGES TO THAT. I WILL GO INTO THOSE IN DETAIL IN JUST A MOMENT. HIGHWAY FINANCIAL SUMMARY HAS CHANGED.

WE ADDED A MAP OF THE PROJECT. THIS WAS A SUGGESTION FROM THE TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE.

WE ALSO MADE CHANGES TO THE TRANSIT PROJECTS, TRANSIT FINANCIAL SUMMARY, AND HISTORY OF THE TIP AND TIP AMENDMENTS. THOSE WILL BE CHANGED. THE PERFORMANCE MEASURES HAVE CHANGED. IF YOU LOOK IN YOUR BOOKLET, IT'S HARD TO SEE ON THE SCREEN, BUT IF YOU WILL TURN TO PAGE 13 IN YOUR DOCUMENTS, YOU WILL SEE ANYTHING IN RED IS A CHANGE TO THE PREVIOUS TIP. THIS IS PART OF THE AMENDMENT YOU WILL BE LOOKING AT TODAY.

IT IS JUST ADJUSTING THE NUMBERS. WE HAD A LITTLE BETTER UNDERSTANDING OF SOME OF THE INFORMATION GOING IN THERE. THIS HAS CHANGED AS CHANGES OCCUR IN THE PROJECTS. I AM NOT GOING TO GO THROUGH EACH INDIVIDUAL PROJECT.

YOU CAN SEE THE PROJECTS ARE LISTED THERE. THESE ARE THE ONES CONTINUING ON. IF YOU WILL TURN TO PAGE 15, YOU CAN SEE THESE ARE ALSO CHANGES TO THE DOCUMENT IN RED. ONE THING NOT LISTED ON HERE, IF YOU LOOK ON YOUR SCREEN, YOU'LL SEE THE REMOVER OF THE ANTLY ROAD INTERSECTION PROJECT.

IT EXTENDED PAST THE YEARS OF THIS TIP, SO YOU WILL SEE THAT IN THE NEXT AGENDA ITEM.

IT WENT IN THE 2023 TIME PERIOD. WE DID REMOVE THAT.

IF YOU LOOK, THIS IS THE INFORMATION ON THE PAGE. YOU WILL SEE THE GROUP PROJECTS, BUT THIS IS THE ONE ON PAGE 16 OF YOUR DOCUMENT. AGAIN, ITEMS IN RED ARE CHANGES. ON THE VERY NEXT PAGE, THIS IS THE TIP HIGHWAY PROJECTS.

WE PUT A MAP THAT SHOWS WHERE THE PROJECTS ARE IN RELATION TO THE MPO BOUNDARIES AND CITY LIMITS. THE NEXT ITEM, IF YOU LOOK ON PAGE 22 OF YOUR DOCUMENT, THIS IS THE ACTUAL TRANSIT PROJECT. WE DID SOME CHANGES TO THE FUNDING LEVELS.

ALSO THE PROJECT DESCRIPTION. ON THE 5307 WE CHANGE FROM 5339 353 07.

[00:05:02]

WE ADDED A BETTER DESCRIPTION OF THE PROJECT DESCRIPTION UNDER THE ONE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE. ON THE NEXT PAGE, THE SAME THING.

WE CHANGED THE PROJECT DESCRIPTION. ON PAGE 24, THIS IS A NEW PROJECT. THIS WAS WITH 5339 FUNDING. A BRAND-NEW PROJECT THAT GOT ADDED UNDER THE 2021 TIME. IF YOU WILL LOOK ON PAGE 26, THIS IS JUST THE TRANSIT SUMMARY THE SAME AS THE HIGHWAY SUMMARY. IT DOES SHOW CHANGES TO THOSE NUMBERS THERE. ON PAGE 28, THIS IS THE HISTORY OF THE TIP AMENDMENT.

THAT WILL BE ADJUSTED ONCE ACTION IS TAKEN TODAY. PYOU WILL SEE THIS FINAL COME BACK TO YOU WITH ANY COMMENTS WE RECEIVE ON THE DOCUMENT. OWARDS THE END OF THE DOCUMENT ON PAGE 31, THESE ARE THE PERFORMANCE MEASURES. THESE ARE THE CHANGES THAT WERE ADDED TO THE PERFORMANCE MEASURES. ONE THING I DO WANT TO POINT OUT IS AT THE END OF THE CHAPTER THAT YOU ARE LOOKING AT, WE DID INCLUDE THE ITEMS DELETED OUT SO YOU CAN SEE THOSE. AFTER PAGE 35 YOU WILL SEE THE ITEMS THAT WERE REMOVED BECAUSE IT WAS TOO COMPLICATED TO PUT IN THE DOCUMENT.

IT MADE IT TO WORRY. WE SHOWED THOSE SO YOU CAN SEE THE ITEMS REMOVED ALSO.

WITH THAT, I WILL BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS YOU HAVE. AS I SAID, THEY DID RECOMMEND APPROVAL AND SO WE ARE OPEN FOR SUGGESTIONS OR TO IDENTIFY ANY DELETIONS NEEDED AND APPROVE THE DRAFT DOCUMENT IS THE ACTION WE ARE LOOKING FOR TODAY.

>> QUESTIONS? >> THIS ITEM DOES REQUIRE A HEARING.

>> THIS ITEM REQUIRES A PUBLIC HEARING. IS RECEIVING FEDERAL FUNDING.

PART OF THAT INCLUDES A PUBLIC HEARING. I WILL OPEN THE PUBLIC HEARING IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK FOR OR AGAINST THE ITEM. PLEASE COME FORWARD AND STATE YOUR NAME FOR THE RECORD. SEE NO ONE MOVE, I WILL CLOSE A PUBLIC HEARING.

ANY OTHER QUESTIONS? I WILL ENTERTAIN A MOTION. >> SO MOVED.

>> I WILL SECOND THE MOTION. >> WE HAVE A MOTION AND A SECOND.

[4. Receive a Report, Hold a Discussion and a Public Hearing, and Take Action on the DRAFT FYs 202 1-2024 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP).]

ALL IN FAVOR SAY AYE THE MOTION IS APPROVED. WE LIVED AT NUMBER FOUR.

PUBLIC DISCUSSION AND PUBLIC HEARING WILL TAKE PLACE ON DRAFT 2021-2024 TRANSPORTATION

IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM. >> ALL RIGHT. WHAT THIS IS IS THIS IS THE ONE IS GOING TO START IN OCTOBER. THE OTHER ONE WILL END IN THIS WILL PICK UP.

THIS IS 2021-2024. IT IS ACTUALLY DO JUNE 22, SO WE WILL HAVE IT PRESENTED HERE.

IT WILL ALSO GO OUT FOR PUBLIC REVIEW THE SAME TIME. AS THE OTHER ONE.E ALSO HAVE THE PUBLIC MEETINGS ON THAT. TODAY IS A PUBLIC MEETING AND FEBRUARY 20 FROM 4:00 UNTIL 6:00 WE WILL ALSO HAVE A PUBLIC MEETING AT THE MPO OFFICES. ANY COMMENTS THAT WILL BE RECEIVED WILL HAVE THE WRITTEN COMMENTS COME BACK TO US AND WILL BE INCLUDED IN THE FINAL DOCUMENT THAT YOU WILL SEE AT THE NEXT MEETING.SO INCLUDED IN HERE, THESE ARE THE PROJECT LISTINGS. THOSE START ON PAGE 13 OF THE DOCUMENT.

YOU CAN SEE HE HIGHWAY PROJECTS FIRST. SOME OF THESE ARE CONTINUATIONS. IF YOU NOTICE, THE OTHER TIP THE SAME YEAR 2021 CONTINUES.

YOU WILL SEE THOSE SAME PROJECTS. THIS DOCUMENT AND THE BUFFALO GAP ROAD PROJECT AND THE 3034. WE HAVE THE OVERPASS ON U.S. 83 AT 3034.

WE ALSO HAVE THE ANTLY ROAD INTERSECTION, WHEN I GOT PULLED OUT OF THE OTHER DOCUMENT.

YOU SEE THAT AT THE TOP OF PAGE 15. ALSO STATE HIGHWAY 351 IH 20.

HIS IS TO ADD MAINLINES FOR A SIX LANE FREEWAY. YOU CAN SEE THE INFORMATION THERE. THE NEXT PAGE SHOWS ON PAGE 16 OF THE DOCUMENT -- LET ME GET CAUGHT UP -- PAGE 16 OF THE DOCUMENT SHOWS THIS IS ALSO IH 20.

YOU HAVE FM 707 AT THE BOTTOM OF THE PAGE. THE NEXT PAGE ON PAGE 17, THIS IS ALSO THE INTERSTATE. I DO WANT TO POINT OUT THESE TWO PARTICULAR ONES DO NOT HAVE CATEGORY 2, THE MPO FUNDING, BUT THEY ARE STATEWIDE DEVELOP AUTHORITY.

WE WANT TO PUT THEM IN HERE BECAUSE THEY ARE REGIONALLY SIGNIFICANT PROJECTS AND THAT WAY THEY ARE IN THE DOCUMENT THAT SHOWS THIS IS MOVING FORWARD.

ON THE NEXT PAGE, YOU WILL SEE THE SAME THING WITH THE HIGHWAY FINANCIAL SUMMARY INCLUDED IN

[00:10:03]

THERE AND THAT CAPTURES EVERYTHING WE JUST WENT OVER IN THE HIGHWAY PORTION AND PUTS IT OVER THERE. ALSO ON PAGE 19 INCLUDED THE MAP OF THE PROJECTS.

AND THEN WE WENT IN, AND IF THE PROJECT IS NOT INCLUDED IN THE INDIVIDUALLY LISTED ONES, YOU'LL SEE THAT ON 2021 AND 2022. THOSE OF THE GROUP PROJECTS.

ANYTHING LIKE SIDEWALKS AND OTHER PROJECTS CAN BE CAPTURED UNDER THOSE GROUPS IF THEY MEET THE CRITERIA. THE NEXT PAGES PAGE 24. THESE ARE THE TRANSIT PROJECTS.

IF YOU LOOK, THIS IS PROJECTED SO FAR OUT THAT BASICALLY WE TOOK 21 AND 22 AND PROJECTED THOSE TO 23 AND 24. YOU WILL SEE THE SAME NUMBERS. THAT'S ON PURPOSE.

ONCE WE GET BETTER DATA, FURTHER INTO THE YEAR, WE WILL BE ABLE TO AMEND THIS AND UPDATE THE NUMBERS WITH ACCURATE FIGURES. RIGHT NOW THAT'S WHAT YOU SEE IN THE DOCUMENT. IN THE DOCUMENT. THE TRANSIT FINANCIAL SUMMARY IS GOING TO BE ON PAGE 28. IT SUMMARIZES THE TRANSIT DATA THAT YOU HAVE.

ON PAGE 30, THIS WILL BE CHANGES TO THE TIP AMENDMENT, SO THOSE WILL BE UPDATED AS FAR AS DATES GO ONCE WE HAVE THE DATES AND ONCE Y'ALL TAKE ACTION.

THAT WILL BE INCLUDED IN THIS. ALSO CHANGES TO TAKE NOTE OF ON THE FINAL DOCUMENT WILL BE AMENDING THE COVER PAGE FOR THE DATES AND WE WILL HAVE PUBLIC PARTICIPATION PROCESS.

WHATEVER COMES OUT OF THE PUBLIC PARTICIPATION PROCESS WILL BE CAPTURED IN THAT PARTICULAR PART OF THE DOCUMENT. IF WE HAVE ANY CHANGES TO THE HIGHWAY TRANSIT PROJECTS, THOSE WILL BE LISTED. HISTORY OF THE TIP AMENDMENT WILL BE LISTED AND THEN THE PERFORMANCE MEASURES WILL ALSO BE AMENDED.

ONE THING I DO WANT TO POINT OUT IS IF YOU TURN TO PAGE 33 AND 34 OF THE DOCUMENT THIS IS THE SAFETY PERFORMANCE MEASURES. THERE'S A DRAFT VERSION RIGHT NOW PENDING ACTION AT THIS MEETING TODAY. ONCE THAT OCCURS THIS WILL BE AMENDED TO SHOW THOSE CHANGES. THE OTHER THING I WOULD LIKE TO POINT OUT IS IF YOU TURN THE PAGE 41 WE ACTUALLY TOOK ALL THE SAFETY PERFORMANCE MEASURES AND OTHER PERFORMANCE MEASURES THAT HAVE BEEN APPROVED BY THE MPO AND DROPPED THEM IN THE TIP.

I SEE OTHER MPO'S HAVE DONE THIS AND IT SEEMS TO MAKE A LOT OF SENSE.

YOU CAN SEE THIS ALL IN ONE DOCUMENT. IT IS EASY TO FIND.

THAT'S WHY THOSE ARE INCLUDED. THAT WILL BE AMENDED AS WE AMEND THOSE PERFORMANCE MEASURES. WITH THAT, I WILL BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS.

ATTACK DID RECOMMEND WE MAKE CHANGES. WE ADDED SOME MAPS AND ALSO UPDATED SOME FUNDING CATEGORIES THAT NEEDED TO BE UPDATED. THOSE ARE THE CHANGES AND THE

ATTACK APPROVED IT WITH THOSE CHANGES. >> YOU MENTIONED ON PAGE 26 AND

27 23 AND 24 COPY AND PASTE FROM 21 AND 22. >> YES OR.

>> DOES NOT NEED TO REFLECT 2023 AND 2024? OR JUST LEAVE AS IS?

>> IT DOES. THANK YOU. GOOD CATCH.

WE WILL CHANGE THOSE. >> ANY OTHER QUESTIONS? >> I WILL MAKE ONE COMMENT.

SOME OF THESE BASED OFF THE FUNDING. IF YOU NOTICE THE ONE AT THE BOTTOM, WE WILL GET TO TRANSIT BECAUSE IT'S THE APPROPRIATION YEAR.

IT MIGHT NOT EXACTLY SAY 2023. WE MAKE THE MOTION, JUST UNDERSTAND THAT.

>> ANY OTHER QUESTIONS? THIS ITEM ALSO CALLS FOR A PUBLIC HEARING.

AT THIS TIME I WILL OPEN THE PUBLIC HEARING. IF ANYONE WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK FOR OR AGAINST THE ITEM, PLEASE COME FORWARD AND STATE YOUR NAME FOR THE RECORD.

SEEING NO ONE COME FORWARD, I WILL CLOSE A PUBLIC HEARING. DO WE NEED TO INCLUDE THE

AMENDMENT IN THE MOTION? >> YOU CAN. YES, SIR. >> I WILL MAKE A MOTION WE APPROVE THE MODIFICATION SUBJECT TO THE APPROPRIATION YEAR.

>> SECOND. >> ALL IN FAVOR SAY AYE. >>.

[5. Receive a Report, Hold a Discussion, and Take Action on a resolution for the FY 2020 Safety Performance Measure (PM I).]

-- SAFETY PERFORMANCE MEASURE. >> I I AM GOING TO ASK ED TO COVER THIS.

>> THIS IS AN ANNUAL REQUIREMENT THAT COMES T OF THE FAST ACT TO TIE THE SELECTION OF PROJECTS INTO PARTICULAR PERFORMANCE MEASURES TO TRY TO CREATE AN OBJECTIVE BASE.

THERE IS NO REQUIREMENT PER SE IN TERMS OF HOW THE PARTICULAR ELEMENTS ARE USED.

[00:15:03]

IN ESSENCE, THERE'S A SERIES OF PERFORMANCE MEASURES THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT REQUIRES.

MPO STATE DEPARTMENT TRANSPORTATIONS TO ADOPT THESE TARGETS.

IN THEORIES, USE THE TARGETS EVALUATING VARIOUS PROJECTS AND LOOK AT WHICH PROJECTS ARE MOST LIKELY TO HELP YOU MAKE IMPROVEMENTS TO THESE PARTICULAR AREAS.

WHEN WE ARE LOOKING AT TODAY IS THE SAFETY PERFORMANCE MEASURE. THOSE ARE FIVE DIFFERENT CRITERIA AND TARGETS THAT ARE SET. THE FIRST BEING THE TOTAL NUMBER OF FATALITIES. THE SECOND BEING THE RATE OF FATALITIES PER MILLION VEHICLE MILES TRAVELED. THE SECOND IS THE NUMBER OF SERIOUS INJURIES.

DOES THE THIRD. THE FOURTH IS A SERIOUS INJURY RATE.

THAT IS PER MILLION VEHICLE MILES TRAVELED. THE FINAL CRITERIA IS TOTAL NUMBER OF NONMOTORIZED FATALITIES AND SERIOUS INJURIES.

THAT WOULD BE YOUR BICYCLE AND PEDESTRIAN TYPE ACCIDENTS. WHETHER IT'S EITHER A FATALITY OR SERIOUS ACCIDENT. A SERIOUS ACCIDENT TYPICALLY BEING THOSE TYPES OF ACCIDENTS WHERE SOMEONE WILL BE TRANSPORTED TO A HOSPITAL. THAT'S AN ANNUAL REQUIREMENT.

THE WAY THE SYSTEM WORKS IS THE STATE FIRST ESTABLISHES AND TARGETS ON EACH ONE OF THOSE CRITERIA AND THEN INDIVIDUAL MPO SPEAR ONCE THE STATE HAS ADOPTED TARGETS HAS THE OPTION.

MPO'S HAVE THE OPTION TO ADOPT THE STATE TARGETS, OR IF THEY CHOOSE THEY CAN ADOPT THEIR OWN INDIVIDUALIZED CUSTOMIZED TARGETS HOWEVER THEY WOULD LIKE TO.

MOST MPO'S AROUND THE STATE, AT LEAST OF TEXAS, TYPICALLY ADOPT THE STATE TARGETS.

THAT'S BEEN THE MOST COMMON PATTERN. THERE ARE SOME MPO'S THAT HAD THEIR OWN ELEMENT. THERE'S BEEN A ZERO FATALITY MOVEMENT.

SOME ENTITIES SETTING ZERO FATALITY AS THEIR GOAL. THE STATE GOAL OVER THE PAST FEW YEARS HAS BEEN NOT INTENDED TO REDUCE TOTAL FATALITIES, BUT BECAUSE TEXAS IS A GROWING STATE AND POPULATION THE STATE BELIEVES IT IS MORE REALISTIC TO LOOK AT REDUCING THE RATE OF GROWTH IN THESE AREAS. WE ARE HAVING MORE PEOPLE AND AN INCREASE IN VEHICLES TRAVEL TO THE STATE. REDUCING THE TOTAL NUMBER OF FATALITIES AT THE STATE LEVEL HAS BEEN DECIDED THAT'S GOING TO BE FAIRLY CHALLENGING TO DO. INSTEAD, THEIR TARGETS HAVE BEEN WITH THE INTENT TO CREATE A 2 PERCENT REDUCTION IN THE RATE OF GROWTH OF THOSE FATALITIES. SO INSIDE THE DOCUMENT -- THIS IS DONE ANNUALLY.

WE ARE AT THE POINT WHERE WE NEED EITHER ADOPT THE STATE TARGETS OR SET OUR OWN.

WE AS A STAFF BELIEVE ADOPTING THE STATE TARGETS IS PROBABLY THE MOST EFFICIENT GIVEN OUR CIRCUMSTANCE. IF YOU LOOK AT YOUR DOCUMENT ATTACHMENT A, THAT SHOWS THE TARGETS THE STATE HAS ADOPTED AND WE ARE RECOMMENDING IN FAVOR OF.

THE STATE TARGETS ARE A FIVE-YEAR AVERAGE. WOULD YOU LOOK AT THAT SHEET, PAGE 2 OF TWO, YOU'LL NOTICE THE NUMBER OF FATALITIES. 2016-2017 HAVE A 2018, THOSE ARE ALL ACTUAL PIECES OF DATA. THAT IS REAL CRASH DATA ACROSS ALL OF THE FIVE ELEMENTS THAT HAVE BEEN COLLECTED FROM THE VARIOUS REPORTING SOURCES. CRASH INVENTORY OF THE FATALITY ANALYSIS SYSTEM. ALL OF AND D 2020 DATA OUR TARGET NUMBERS.

THEY ARE BASED ON THE DS FOR THE PREVIOUS YEARS. BOTTOM IS WHAT WE ARE LOOKING AT ADOPTING. THOSE ARE TARGET YEARS AS FIVE-YEAR TARGET NUMBERS IN EACH OF THE CATEGORIES. YOU CAN SEE FOR 2020 ON THE NUMBER OF FATALITIES IS 3840.

THE RATE OF FATALITIES THAT'S 1.406 FOR THE MILES TRAVELED. SERIOUS INJURY RATE IS 6.286.

TOTAL NUMBER OF NONMOTORIZED FATALITIES WITH SERIOUS INJURIES IS 2285.

THAT IS A STATE TOTAL NUMBER. HAT IS NOT JUST WITHIN ABILENE.

WE ARE LOOKING AT THE ENTIRE STATE TO TRY TO REACH THOSE NUMBERS.

OUR PART IN THAT IF WE ADOPT THESE TARGETS WITH THE BE TO USE THEM AND TRY TO SHOW THE PROJECTS WE SELECT ARE INTENDED TO TRY TO SUPPORT THESE STATE TARGETS.

IN ESSENCE, ANY PROJECT WE CAN LOOK AT AS IMPROVING SAFETY WE COULD THEN SAY IS TARGET TOWARD

TRYING TO ACHIEVE THESE REDUCTIONS. >> WHAT WE ARE ADDING THE MEDIANS REDUCING THE NUMBER OF LEFT TURN OPPORTUNITIES IS IMPROVING SAFETY.

[00:20:01]

>> YES. REDUCING CONFLICT POINTS IS A VERY TRADITIONAL WAY OF

REDUCING ACCIDENTS. . >> ALSO INCLUDED IN YOUR PACKET, BEHIND THE RESOLUTION THAT YOU SEE, THESE WERE ACTUALLY FROM THE STRATEGIC HIGHWAY SAFETY PLAN, SO THAT IS THE STATES DATA. IF YOU WANT TO PREPARE, YOU COULD SEE THE DATA THEY ARE USING AND HOW THEY ARRIVED AT THOSE NUMBERS.

>> IT IS YOUR CHOICE IF YOU LIKE TO ADOPT THIS AS PRESENTED, OR IF YOU HAVE AN

INTEREST IN ADOPTING ADDITIONAL OR DIFFERENT TARGETS. >> I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND WE ADOPT THE STATES BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE STAFF AT THIS TIME TO DO THE DATA ANALYSIS THAT WE

NEED TO ADOPT OUR OWN. >> THOUGHTS, DISCUSSION, QUESTIONS?

>> I CONCUR. IS A PUBLIC HEARING? >> ANYONE CAN.> I GO WITH

THE STAFF'S RECOMMENDATION TO ADOPT THESE EXPECTATIONS. >> I WILL SECOND THAT IF THAT

WAS A MOTION. >> IT WAS INDEED. >> OKAY.

WE HAVE A MOTION AND A SECOND TO ADOPT THE STATE STANDARDS OR SAFETY STANDARDS FOR FY 2020.

MOTION TO SECOND. ALL IN FAVOR SAY AYE.

[6. Hold a Discussion on 2020 meeting dates.]

AYE. >> ITEM AS APPROVED AS RECOMMENDED BY STAFF.

WE MOVED TO ITEM NUMBER SIX. DISCUSSION ON 2020 MEETING DATES.

>> THE 2020 WE USUALLY DO IN DECEMBER, BUT THE 2020 POLICY BOARD MEETING DATES ARE INCLUDED IN THE PACKET. WE USUALLY MEET THE THIRD TUESDAY OF EVERY OTHER MONTH BEGINNING IN FEBRUARY. THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY TO LOOK AT ANY POTENTIAL CONFLICT WITH THE DATES PROPOSED AND SEE IF ANY OF THE DATES NEED TO BE CHANGED.

THE DATES FOR THIS COMING 2020. FEBRUARY 18 IS TODAY'S DATE. APRIL 21, JUNE 16, AUGUST 18, OCTOBER 20, AND DECEMBER 15. ONE THING I WILL POINT OUT IS MISTER JOHNSON IS NOT HERE AT THIS MEETING, BUT HE DID HAVE SOME CONFLICTS WITH JUNE 16, AUGUST 18, AND APRIL 21 IS A STATE HOLIDAY, BUT HE WILL BE HERE. IT WOULD JUST BE JUNE 16 AND AUGUST 18. I TOLD HIM I WOULD MENTION IN THE MEETING THAT THOSE WOULD BE TWO POTENTIAL CONFLICT POINTS FOR HIM. WE DID ASKED IF THERE WAS A DAY THAT MIGHT WORK BETTER FOR MISTER JOHNSON SO IF WE NEED TO MOVE MEETINGS.

HE SAID MOVING TO A WEDNESDAY IS NOT NECESSARILY AN ADVANTAGE, OR MOVE INTO ANY OTHER DAY. HE DID GIVE SOME DATES HE MIGHT BE ABLE TO MEET IF YOU ARE INTERESTED IN LOOKING AT DIFFERENT TIMES, OR IF YOU ARE WANTING TO KEEP THE DATES THE SAME. I AM LOOKING FOR SOME DIRECTION.

IF WE ARE GOOD KNOWING THE DATES PRESENTED NO INVESTOR JOHNSON WILL HAVE CONFLICTS

WITH TWO OF THE SIX DATES. >> JUNE 16 AND AUGUST 18, IS HE GONE ALL WEEK?

>> HE SAID JUNE 24 OR 25TH WOULD BE GOOD, THAT WE COULD CHANGE TO THOSE DATES.

HE SAID AUGUST 10, 11, 12, OR 20TH WOULD BE GOOD FOR HIM. I DID VISIT A LITTLE BIT WITH JUDGE BOLLS STAFF AND HE SAID TUESDAY'S WORK FOR THEM UNLESS MONDAY HAPPENS TO BE A HOLIDAY WHICH IS WHAT OCCURRED AT THIS MEETING. EVERYTHING HE NORMALLY DID ON MONDAY HE'S ACTUALLY DOING TODAY FOR HIS HEARINGS AND DIFFERENT THINGS.

THAT IS THE DATA I HAD. IT'S UP TO THE BOARD WHAT YOU WOULD LIKE TO DO.

>> IS THAT SOMETHING YOU WANT TO ESTABLISH TODAY OR EXPLORE SIX WEEKS PRIOR TO ANY OF THESE OTHER MEETINGS. GETTING IT NAILED DOWN THIS FAR IN ADVANCE.

>> I DO LIKE HAVING THE NEXT COUPLE OF MEETINGS DOWN. SOMETIMES IF WE DON'T GET COUNCIL CHAMBERS BOOKED IT'S HARD TO GET IN HERE. I NORMALLY TRY TO DO THAT AND SEND THOSE OUT AS EARLY AS I CAN.

.

ON JUNE 20, IS THAT AN EVENING CITY COUNCIL MEETING? >> IT WOULD BE JUNE 24 OR 25TH.

YEAH. THAT'S WHAT'S HE'S PROPOSING. OR ANYTIME AUGUST THE 10TH 11TH OR 12, OR SAME WEEK AS WHAT WE CURRENTLY HAVE IT SCHEDULED PFOR.

HE SUGGESTED THE 20TH INSTEAD OF THE 18TH. APRIL 21 IS FINE FOR HIM.

IF WE JUST WANT TO GO TO THAT AND BRING THIS BACK UP AT THE NEXT MEETING I AM OKAY WITH THAT. I WOULD SORT OF LIKE TO GET JUNE SET UP IF WE COULD AND

THAT WAY WE WOULD HAVE HALF OF THE YEAR TAKING CARE OF.. >> I CAN MAKE EITHER ONE OF

[00:25:11]

THOSE DATES WORK. >> THE 24TH IS A WEDNESDAY. >> YES, SIR.

A WEDNESDAY OR THURSDAY. HE'S GOOD THE 24TH, WEDNESDAY, OR THE 25TH, THURSDAY.

>> IT'S AN AFTERNOON COUNCIL MEETING AND I HAVE A PHONE CALL.

THE 24TH IS GOOD FOR ME. >> LET'S JUST GO WITH IT. >> OKAY.

WILL MOVE THE JUNE MEETING TO JUNE 24, AND APRIL MEETING TO THE 21ST.

WE WILL HAVE IT ON THE AGENDA. NO ACTION ON THAT. WE MOVED TO NUMBER SEVEN,

[7. Discussion and any Action on MPO staffing.]

DISCUSSION AND ACTION ON MPO STAFFING. >> IN 2010 THE MPO WENT THROUGH MANAGEMENT REVIEW THROUGH THE TEXAS TRANSPORTATION UNIT ALONG WITH TEXAS DEPARTMENT OF TRANSPORTATION. IN THAT REVIEW DATE ESTABLISHED THREE STAFF POSITIONS WAS NECESSARY BASED ON THE WORKLOAD AND OTHER THINGS AND FUNDING SITUATION.

THE MPO HAS HISTORICALLY MAINTAINED THOSE THREE FULL POSITIONS, BUT WITH THE THIRD POSITION HAS BEEN VACANT SINCE APRIL 2016. LOOKING AT THE ADDITIONAL PERFORMANCE MEASURES, TRAVEL DEMAND MODEL, LONG-RANGE PLAN THAT WE WILL BE UPDATING, ALL OF THESE THINGS ARE TIED TOGETHER. WHAT WE ARE PROPOSING IS TO LOOK AT MAYBE DOING A PART-TIME OFFICE ASSISTANT. RIGHT NOW WE HAVE THREE POSITIONS ON THE BOOK. THE THIRD IS AN MPO TECHNICIAN. INSTEAD OF THE TECHNICIAN, WHAT WE ARE ASKING FOR IS PART-TIME, BASED ON THE FUNDING LEVELS WE CURRENTLY HAVE.

I DON'T WANT TO DO AWAY WITH THE FULL-TIME POSITION, BUT AT THE CURRENT TIME OUR FUNDING LEVELS WILL ONLY ALLOW A PART-TIME PERSON. THAT IS ONE OF THE THINGS WE ARE RECOMMENDING. IF YOU LOOK HERE, YOU CAN SEE ON THE STAFFING LEVEL THIS IS A LIST OF TASKS I WOULD LIKE TO HAVE THIS PERSON DO. IT WOULD BE FLEXIBLE HOURS.

WE WOULD BE LOOKING AT MAYBE FOUR HOURS PER DAY. IT COULD BE ANYWHERE FROM 8-12, 11:00 UNTIL 2:00, 1:00 UNTIL 5:00. SOMETHING THAT MAKES IT LOOK ATTRACTIVE TO THAT PERSON. I WILL BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS, BUT WE'RE SORT OF LOOKING FOR DIRECTION FROM THE BOARD IF THIS IS SOMETHING STAFF CAN MOVE FORWARD ON OR IF THIS IS SOMETHING WE NEED TO HOLD OFF ON. .

I DID RUN THIS BY THE CITY, THE PUBLIC WORKS DIRECTOR GREG, AND HE DOESN'T HAVE ANY ISSUE WITH IT. HE IS GOOD TO MOVE FORWARD. WE DID RUN IT THROUGH THE

CITY'S CHANNELS BECAUSE THEY ARE FISCAL AGENT. >> ANY NEW POSITION WOULD HAVE

TO APPLY WITH HR RULES AND REGULATIONS. >> YES, SIR.

THIS IS A BRAND-NEW JOB DESCRIPTION. IT WOULD HAVE TO GO THROUGH THE PROCESS BEFORE WE COULD PUT IT OUT FOR HIRING IF THE BOARD LOOKS AT ALLOWING US TO DO

THAT. . >> A LOT OF YOUR TIME WAS PUT IN THE MTP AND OTHER PROJECTS. GOING FORWARD, ADDITIONAL PROJECTS THAT WOULD BENEFIT YOU

TO HAVE THIS THIRD PERSON, THIS THIRD POSITION. >> YES, SIR.

IF YOU LOOK AT SOME OF THE THINGS WE WILL BE WORKING ON, ONCE WE GET A DEMAND MODEL A LOT OF ED'S TIME WILL BE TAKEN UP WITH THAT. WE WILL BE DOING SOME RUNS, DIFFERENT SCENARIOS, MAKING SURE THE THING IS CONTINUALLY UPDATED.

ONE OF THE PROBLEMS WITH THE TRAVEL DEMAND MODEL IS IT HASN'T BEEN UPDATED IN SO LONG.

WHAT I ENVISION FOR ED BEING ABLE TO DO, OR THE POSITION BEING ABLE TO DO, IS KEEP THAT UPDATED ON A MORE REGULAR BASIS SO WE DON'T COME TO THE NEXT FIVE YEARS WHERE IT NEEDS TO HAVE AN UPDATE AND WE ARE BEHIND THE TIMES. I WOULD LIKE TO MAKE SURE WE CAN MAINTAIN THE MODEL. THE OTHER THING IS LOOKING AT OUR CURRENT PROJECT.

ALL PROJECTS HAVE TO HAVE THE PERFORMANCE MEASURES TIED TO THEM.

WE ARE ALSO LOOKING AT A LOT OF DEMOGRAPHICS WE ARE PROVIDING FOR THE TRAVEL DEMAND MODEL.

WE ARE DOING AN AUDIT HERE IN THE NEXT COUPLE MONTHS, FEDERAL HIGHWAYS.

[00:30:02]

THAT IS SOMETHING WE HAVEN'T DONE BEFORE. WE WILL NEED TO RESEARCH A LOT OF RECORDS AND PULL A LOT OF THINGS OUT. IF YOU HAVE BEEN TO MY OFFICE, WE HAVE A LOT OF FILING THAT GETS PUT OFF BECAUSE WE DON'T HAVE THE TIME TO DO IT.

ALSO THE PUBLIC INVOLVEMENT PROCESS. PART OF THE THINGS THE POLICY BOARD HAS WANTED US TO DO IS BE MORE INVOLVED IN THE COMMUNITY. THAT'S HARD TO DO IF YOU'RE TRYING TO GET REPORTS DONE. THIS TYPE OF POSITION WOULD ALLOW TWITTER, FACEBOOK, SOME UPDATES TO THE WEBSITE. SOME THINGS THAT WE DO AS NEEDED, BUT WE ARE NOT BEING PROACTIVE. THAT IS SOMETHING THAT WOULD ALLOW US TO BE MORE PROACTIVE

IN THOSE THINGS. >> THOUGHTS? >> NO.

I THINK THAT HAS ALWAYS BEEN A CONCERN IS THE LOAD OF WORK THAT NEEDS TO BE DONE.

THE FUNDING TO FUND THREE FULL-TIME STAFF PEOPLE HAS BEEN A CHALLENGE FOR THE ENTIRE LIFE OF THE MPO. I THINK PART-TIME IS A GOOD CONSIDERATION IF YOU FEEL YOU

COULD ATTRACT SOMEONE WITH THE BUDGET YOU HAVE AVAILABLE. >> YES.

>> I'M SUPPORTIVE. >> I AM, TOO. DO WE NEED TO TAKE ACTION, OR

JUST GIVE YOU DIRECTION?>> YOU CAN JUST GIVE DIRECTION OR ACTION.

I'M NOT SURE. DOESN'T REQUIRE FORMAL ACTION? >> YOU CAN GIVE DIRECTION.

THAT'S FINE. >> THE THREE OF US ARE SUPPORTIVE.

>> OKAY. WE WILL MOVE FORWARD ON THAT. THANK YOU SO MUCH.

>> THAT CONCLUDES ITEM NUMBER SEVEN. WE MOVED TO ITEM NUMBER EIGHT,

[8. Discussion and review of transportation projects. (By TxDOT Staff, City Staff, CityLink Staff)]

DISCUSSION OF THE TRANSPORTATION PROJECTS. ALL WILL GO FIRST.

>> GOOD AFTERNOON. THE FIRST ON THE LIST IS SOUTH FIRST EAST HIGHWAY 80.

WE HAVE COMPLETED ALL THE ROADWAY WORK. SOME CLERICAL ITEMS TO COMPLETE. THE SECOND ONE IS BUTLER CONSTRUCTION THE 83-84 SPLIT.

RIGHT NOW WE ARE IN THE PROCESS OF CONSTRUCTING THE FRONTAGE ROAD AND BOTH CLARK ROAD AND REMINGTON. ONCE COMPLETE WE WILL MOVE TRAFFIC OUT THERE AND THAT'S WHEN WILL START TO SEE THE BRIDGE,. WE SHOULD START LATE SPRING SEEING THE WORK FOR THE NEW BRIDGE. THE THIRD IS U.S. 83-84 FRONTAGE ROAD. THAT SELL 14 TO THE INTERCHANGE.

AN OVERLAY PAVEMENT PROJECT. IT'S EXPECTED TO BEGIN IN MARCH.

THIS IS PREDOMINANTLY NIGHT WORK. IT WOULD BE MINIMAL IMPACT TO TRAFFIC. HOPEFULLY ONE OF THOSE WHERE YOU WAKE UP AND YOU SEE THE PAVEMENT. THE THIRD ONE IS SH 351 TO I-20.

IT'S A PEDESTRIAN PROJECT. SIGNALS, SIDEWALKS, CURB RAMPS. WORK IS EXPECTED TO BE IN THE SPRING. THEY MAY START AS EARLY AS MARCH.HE THIRD ONE IS WILLIS ELECTRIC U.S. 83 I-20 INTERCHANGE TO NORTH 10TH STREET.

CURRENTLY THEY HAVE THE LIGHTS OUT. A CONTRACT TO REPLACE THE LIGHTING. WORK EXPECTED TO BEGIN IN EARLY SUMMER.

SOME DELAY TIME IN GETTING MATERIALS. >> WHEN WE ARE WORKING ON 351 DEW-TREADWAY HIGHWAY, WILL THERE BE CHANGES TO TRAFFIC SIGNALS? ONE THING I HAVE HAD PEOPLE ASK ABOUT IS A LEFT TURN SIGNAL WHERE JUDGE ELY INTERSECTS

AMBER AND 351. >> THAT IS NOT PART OF THIS. IT IS SOMETHING WE CAN LOOK AT.

RIGHT NOW JUST PEDESTRIANS. >> PEDESTRIAN CROSSWALK AND LIGHTING.

>> YES. >> NO CHANGES TO VEHICULAR TRAFFIC.

>> CORRECT. >> OKAY. ANY QUESTIONS?

THANK YOU, SIR. >> THANK YOU. >> CHARLIE FOR CITY OF ABILENE

PROJECT. . >> YES, SIR.

FEBRUARY IS A VERY BUSY MONTH FOR US. WE WOULD LIKE THE NOTICE TO PROCEED ON THE CONCRETE PAVING PROJECTS. THAT WORK SHOULD BEGIN PRETTY QUICKLY AFTER THAT. THE BIDS WERE RECEIVED LAST WEEK ON THE NORTH SIX STREET RECONSTRUCTION. THAT'S FROM NORTH FIRST WEEK GRAY.

THOSE WERE RECEIVED ON THE 11TH. ALSO WORK ZONE S 15 RESURFACING

[00:35:01]

IN THE SOUTHERN PART OF THE CITY. THIS MORNING WE RECEIVED BIDS ON SOUTH WILLIS FROM SOUTH 32ND TO SOUTH 14 AND ALSO S6 AND S 24.

WE RECEIVED BIDS ON TIMOTHY LANE FROM EAST SOUTH 11TH TO HIGHWAY 80.

NEXT TUESDAY, 25TH.THEN WE RECEIVED BIDS ON THE LIST STREET PROPOSITION PROGRAM 2015 WHICH IS BUTTERNUT, SOUTH FIRST TO TREADAWAY. WE RECEIVED THOSE BIDS MARCH 3.

WE ANTICIPATE A WORD FROM COUNSEL LATER THAT MONTH. THE WILL COMPLETE ALL THE PROJECTS IN THE 2015 BOND PROGRAM. COUNCIL LAST MONTH APPROVED USING SOME LEFTOVER FUNDS FROM THE 2015 BOND PROGRAM ON SALES. THAT PROJECT IS ANTICIPATED TO BE BID DURING THE MONTH OF MAY. E SHOULD HEAR FROM COUNCIL IN LATE MAY.

WE HAVE SIX STREETS FUNDED. JOHN KNOX AND MILLAGE EXPECTED TO BE CONCRETE PAVEMENT STREETS. THEY ARE SCHEDULED FOR BID OPENING MARCH 17.

THAT WE HAVE CURRY CEDAR RUN, ROLLING GREEN AND TURNER AROUND THE RIDGEMONT SMALL AREA.

ANTICIPATE RECEIVING BIDS APRIL 14.HEN THE FINAL PROJECT I HAVE IS GRIFFITH ROAD RECONSTRUCTION FROM EAST SOUTH 10TH TO MARATHON. WE ANTICIPATE RECEIVING BIDS IN

APRIL. >> WE HAVE THE DESIGN WORK DONE ON GRIFFITH ROAD TO THE POINT

WE PUT BIDS OUT? >> THE DESIGN WORK IS IN PROCESS AT THIS TIME.

>> ON T&P LANE EAST SOUTH 11TH TO HIGHWAY 80, IS IT GOING ALL THE WAY OR STOPPING AT SANDY?

>> IT INCLUDES EVERYTHING BUT THE RAILROAD RIGHT AWAY. >> ALL THE WAY TO HIGHWAY 80.

>> YES. ALL THE WAY TO HIGHWAY 80. WHERE THE STATE FINISHED OUT

THE PROJECT THIS PAST YEAR. >> GREAT. THANK YOU.

ANY OTHER QUESTIONS? ALL RIGHT. >> FINALLY, THE CITY LINK PRESENTATION. BOBBY IS NOT HERE. LAURA.

>> WE HAVE BEEN WORKING HARD TO GET THE FEET THAT ALLOWS YOU TO GET GOOGLE MAPS AND PULL UP ANYWHERE YOU WANT TO GO AROUND WHATEVER CITY YOU ARE IN. IT IS GOING TO ALLOW THE PEOPLE TO FIGURE OUT WHICH BUS STOPS THEY NEED TO GO TO. THE NEXT STEP IS GOING TO BE PULLING IN THE GPS THAT WILL ALLOW THEM TO HAVE REAL TIME TO KNOW HOW LONG IT'S GOING TO TAKE THE BUS TO GET TO A PARTICULAR BUS STOP. WE HAVE THREE DIFFERENT GRANTS TO GO THROUGH TXDOT. THE FIRST IS FOR THE REPLACEMENT TO REPLACE THE CUTAWAY, NUMBER OF CUTAWAY PBANDS FOR THE TRANSIT SERVICE. GET RID OF THE OLD ONES.

THE SECOND ONE IS FOR THE PLANNING FUND. I DON'T HAVE A WHOLE LOT OF INFORMATION ON THIS. FORGIVE ME FOR THAT. IT'S RELATED TO THE MULTIMODAL FACILITY IN ABILENE. THE THIRD ONE IS THROUGH FTA. IT'S 5339C.

IT'S A LOW-NO ADMISSIONS GRANT. WE ARE LOOKING TO PARTNER WITH PROTERRA FOR ELECTRIC BUSES IN THIS GRANT. WE ARE ASKING FOR FOUR. THAT WAS DUE MONDAY.

>> OKAY. ON THE GPS TRACKING FOR THE BUSES, IS THERE A TIMEFRAME

ANTICIPATED? >> SEPTEMBER I THINK IS WHEN THE GRANT ENDS.

WE WILL GET TOGETHER, ALL OF THE RP'S, TO FIGURE OUT WHICH COMPANY WE ARE GOING TO GO WITH TO GET EVERYTHING DONE. WE ARE STILL IN THE PAPERWORK PORTION.

[00:40:03]

>> GREAT. ROWSE LOOKING AT THE PACKET, I THOUGHT, THAT'S REALLY COOL.

THAT WILL BE NEED FOR RIDERS. >> A LOT OF RIDERS EXCITED ABOUT THAT.

SINCE I HAVE BEEN IN ABILENE, THEY HAVE BEEN ASKING FOR THAT. SO EXCITING YOU ALL ARE GETTING

THAT OUT THERE FOR THEM. I KNOW THEY ARE HAPPY. >> WE HAVE THE FEET ON GOOGLE A COUPLE YEARS AGO. WILL WE CHANGE THE ROUTES, WE DID NOT HAVE THE SAME CONNECTIONS. WE HAD THE TTI AND TEXAS A&M. THEY ENTERED THE DATA WE WORKED HARD TO GET. THIS TIME WE HAVE HAD TO FIND A METHOD TO GO THROUGH EVERY LITTLE PIECE OF INFORMATION. IT'S REALLY HARD. IT TOOK A WHOLE TEAM OF PEOPLE TO PUT THAT TOGETHER. JUST NOW STARTING TO UNDERSTAND TO GET BACK ON GOOGLE MAPS AND PULL THAT UP. IT SHOWS YOU THE ROUTES AND THE SYMBOL WHERE YOUR BUS STOP IS

CLOSEST. >> APPRECIATE JOEL'S EFFORTS ON THAT.

ANY QUESTIONS?> COULD YOU DESCRIBE A LITTLE MORE ABOUT THE MULTIMODAL FACILITY?

>> I PERSONALLY CANNOT. >> OKAY. >> I MAY HELP A LITTLE BIT WITH THAT. ONE OF THE THINGS THEY'RE DOING IS LOOKING AT TRYING TO GET A MULTIMODAL FACILITY HERE. THAT IS SOMETHING THE MPO WE DID A PLANNING STUDY ON IT BACK BEFORE MY TIME. QUITE A FEW YEARS AGO. CITY AND RURAL RIDES CONDUCTED ONE A COUPLE YEARS BACK. WHAT THIS IS IS THIS ONE IS ACTUALLY LOOKING AT THOSE LOCATIONS AND TRYING TO FIND THE FUNDING TO PUT A FACILITY IN.

>> OKAY. THE REASON I'M ASKING ABOUT THAT IS I WAS GOING TO ASK FOR A FUTURE AGENDA ITEM. I SIT ON THE BOARD AT DOUBLE MOUNTAIN COVE WHICH IS THE RURAL PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION THAT PROVIDES ABOUT SIX COUNTIES NORTH OF ABILENE.

WE ARE RUNNING INTO SOME ISSUES BECAUSE ALLOWED THE RIDES ARE CONSIDERED TO BE OUT OF OUR AREA COMING INTO ABILENE. WE NEED TO EITHER ENTER INTO SOME KIND OF AN AGREEMENT WITH ABILENE MPO THAT ALLOWS US TO BE IN COMPLIANCE WITH TXDOT THAT WE ARE NOT GOING OUTSIDE OUR SERVICE AREA BECAUSE MOST OF OUR RURAL RIDES ARE TO ABILENE FOR DOCTORS OR SHOPPING OR VISITING OR WHATEVER IT IS. ABILENE IS IN JONES COUNTY WHICH I HAVE TAKEN THE POSITION WE DO SERVICE A PORTION OF ABILENE IN JONES COUNTY WITH DOUBLE MOUNTAIN COACH, BUT WE NEED TO EXPLORE WHATEVER OPTIONS ARE AVAILABLE TO TIE THAT IN SO WE ARE NOT CREATING A COMPLIANCE ISSUE WITH TXDOT WITH RURAL PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION.

>> THE DISCUSSION WE HAD WAS TO HAVE A FACILITY THAT WOULD BE A HUB WHERE EVERYBODY CAN CONNECT AND MAYBE HAVE A SPOT IN IT SO WE CAN UTILIZE EVERYBODY TOGETHER.

>> I SEE MARY AND BACK. I'M GOING TO ASK IF SHE CAN COME UP AND TALK ABOUT THAT.

SHE SERVES ON THE REGIONAL CORONATION TRANSPORTATION PROGRAM PLAN.

SHE MIGHT HAVE A LITTLE INFORMATION FOR US ON THAT. >> GOOD AFTERNOON.

I AM THE STAFF PERSON SERVING AS THE WORK CONNECTING BETWEEN TXDOT AND OUR TCP.

WE ARE ON THE HUNT TO MAKE THE MULTIMODAL COME TOGETHER BECAUSE WE KNOW THAT'S A REALLY BIG DEAL. RIGHT NOW WE ARE TRYING TO HARNESS TECHNOLOGY TO DO THAT FOR US A LITTLE BIT TO KEEP EVERYBODY IN COMPLIANCE. WE ARE DEVELOPING A FIND MY RIDE SOLUTION WHERE WE CAN GET ALL THE TRADES IS TO WORK TOGETHER SETTING A RATE SO WE CAN MAKE ALL OF THE CONNECTIONS WORK. WE DID TRY AND USE SOME OF OUR PLANNING DOLLARS FOR MOVING THE MULTIMODAL CONCEPT FORWARD. WE WERE UNSUCCESSFUL WITH THAT WITH TXDOT. BOBBY IS TURNING CORNERS AND TRYING TO FIGURE OUT THE PIECES. IT'S REALLY IMPORTANT TO US THAT THAT IS A NEED.

IT WASN'T SPECIFICALLY SET AT THE LAST MEETING, BUT IT'S GOOD TO KNOW SO WE CAN PUT THOSE

FORCES TOGETHER AND MOVE FORWARD. >> CAN YOU TELL A LITTLE BIT

ABOUT THE NEW WEBSITE BECAUSE THAT'S REALLY COOL. >> SO WE ARE WORKING WITH AN ORGANIZATION CALLED GOOD WORK. THAT IS BUILDING WIDGETS FOR US.

[00:45:05]

WHAT WE ARE DOING IS HAVING PEOPLE WHO WANT TO BECOME RIDERS OF PUBLIC TRANSIT THAT ARE CONNECTING FROM ONE PART OF THE 19 COUNTIES TO ANOTHER PART OF THE 19 COUNTIES BY BEING ABLE TO SAY I WANT TO PLAN A TRIP GOING FROM HERE TO HERE. WANT TO GO THIS DAY AND THIS IS ABOUT THE TIME I WANT TO GET PICKED UP AND GET HOME AND ALL OF THAT.

RIGHT NOW IT'S KIND OF A HYBRID OF PEOPLE. WE HAVE RHONDA KELTON WHO IS MANAGING THAT. SHE IS THE MOBILITY MANAGER. SHE IS WORKING THOSE TRIPS OUT MANUALLY. TECHNOLOGY WILL LEARN THOSE ROUTES AND IT WILL GET TO THE PLACE WHERE WE CAN POINT AND CLICK AND IT'S GOING TO BE THIS AMOUNT OF MONEY.OU PUT WHATEVER PAYMENT PROCESS IN. EVEN IF YOU CHOOSE NOT TO BOOK YOUR RIDE, OUR GOAL IS TO TELL PEOPLE HOW MUCH IT WOULD COST FOR THEM TO BE ABLE TO DO IT SO THEY CAN COMPARISON SHOP AND BE ABLE TO MOVE DOWN THE ROAD. WE ARE PRETTY EXCITED ABOUT WHAT WE HAVE BEEN ABLE TO DO TOWARDS SOME OF OUR REAL BARRIERS FROM OUR FIVE-YEAR PLAN AS WE WRAP UP THIS WINDOW.

I THINK WE ARE MAKING BIG CONNECTIONS. ONE-PIECE WE ARE WORKING ON RIGHT NOW THAT YOUR ASSISTANCE WOULD BE MOST APPRECIATED IS THE CURRENT WIDGET THAT WE ARE TRYING TO ENCOURAGE TXDOT TO APPROVE TO USE RCTP PLANNING FUNDS FOR IS A SCREEN WHERE I WOULD BE ABLE TO, ANY PERSON WOULD BE ABLE TO IDENTIFY, IF THEY ARE A VETERAN OR OLDER ADULT OR DISABLED. SPECIAL POPULATIONS, SO WE CAN PULL FUNDS.

TRANSPORTATION DOLLARS WOULD BE ABLE TO HELP PAY FOR TRIPS. BY HAVING THAT WIDGET IN PLACE, WE WILL BE ABLE TO SAY, YES, THIS IS THE NEED AND THESE ARE THE RESOURCES AND PUSH IT

ALTOGETHER. >> THE WEBSITE IS WTCXRIDES.COM.

[9. Discussion and review of reports: • Financial Status • Operation Report — Tasks — Training Sessions — Meetings • Directors Report — Future Work Tasks MPO Boundary Expansion]

>> ANY OTHER QUESTIONS? THAT INCLUDES ITEM NUMBER EIGHT.

WE MOVED TO ITEM NUMBER NINE, DISCUSSION AND REVIEW OF REPORTS.

>> OKAY. FINANCIAL STATUS IS INCLUDED IN YOUR PACKET.

WE ARE STARTING THE NEW FISCAL YEAR. YOU CAN SEE WE HAVE PL 112 CONSOLIDATED FUNDS OF 20766945. WE SPENT IN OCTOBER 172004. NOVEMBER AND DECEMBER FOR A TOTAL ONCE WE GET THE FUNDS WE WILL BE ABLE TO ADD THOSE TO IT.

ALSO INCLUDED ARE THE BILLING SUMMARIES SO YOU CAN SEE FOR THOSE THREE MONTHS THE BILLING SUMMARIES. THE OPERATION REPORT IS ALSO INCLUDED IN YOUR PACKET.

A LOT OF ITEMS WE HAVE BEEN WORKING ON.HE MAIN THING IS A LONG-RANGE PLAN AND TRAVEL DEMAND MODEL. THOSE ARE THE THINGS WE FOCUSED A LOT OF OUR TIME ON AND ALSO THE TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM YOU JUST TOOK ACTION ON.HE DIRECTORS REPORT, ONE THING I WANT TO POINT OUT IS WE ARE LOOKING AT, BECAUSE THIS IS THE CENSUS YEAR 2020 CENSUS YEAR, ONE THING WE ARE LOOKING AT IS BOUNDARY EXPANSION. WE ARE LOOKING AT WHERE THE GROWTH OF THE TOWN IS GOING AND DOING THE NEED TO DO A BOUNDARY EXPANSION.

ONE THING THAT CAME UP DURING THE TRAVEL DEMAND MODEL WAS THERE'S AREAS TOWARDS BUFFALO GAP AND ALSO ON THE OTHER SIDE NORTH OF THE CITY THAT WE ARE EXPANDING OUR TRAVEL DEMAND BOUNDARIES TO CAPTURE THE TRAFFIC FLOW. IT WOULD BE A GOOD IDEA TO ALSO MOVE THESE BOUNDARIES TO CAPTURE THE PLANNING FOR THOSE SAME AREAS.

TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE HAS FORMED A SUBCOMMITTEE AND WE WILL BE MEETING ON THAT TO EVALUATE THOSE AND SEE WHAT WE WANT TO DO. THIS WILL ALL BE PRESENTED BACK TO YOU ALL. THE PROCESS ON THAT IS THE TECHNICAL COMMITTEE WILL COME UP WITH THE RECOMMENDATION AND PRESENT IT TO YOU AND THEN IT WOULD BE THE GOVERNOR OF THE STATE OF TEXAS OR HIS DESIGNEE, THE TRANSPORTATION COMMISSION, WHO WOULD HAVE TO TAKE FORMAL

[00:50:02]

ACTION ON THAT IF WE DECIDE TO EXPAND OUR BOUNDARIES. THAT WITH THE OTHER THINGS WE'RE DOING, THE ANNUAL EXPENDITURE REPORT, THAT TRAVEL DEMAND MODEL, AND THE AUDIT I TALKED ABOUT EARLIER. THAT CONCLUDES MY REPORTS. I WILL BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY

QUESTIONS YOU HAVE ON ANY OF THOSE ITEMS. >> QUESTIONS?

>> THAT INCLUDES ITEM NUMBER NINE. ITEM 10, OPPORTUNITY FOR MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC TO MAKE COMMENTS ON MPO ISSUES. ANYONE IN THE PUBLIC YOU WOULD LIKE TO MAKE COMMENTS? SEEING NO ONE, WILL MOVE TO ITEM NUMBER 11.

[11. Opportunity for Board Members, Technical Advisory Committee Members, or MPO Staff to recommend topics for future discussion or action.]

OPPORTUNITY FOR BOARD MEMBERS OR MPO STEPS RECOMMEND TOPICS FOR FUTURE DISCUSSION.

HAVE ONE REQUEST. ANY OTHER TOPIC THAT WE NEED TO CONSIDER FOR THE FUTURE?

[EXECUTIVE SESSION The Abilene Metropolitan Planning Organization Transportation Policy Board reserves the right to adjourn into executive session at any time during the course of this meeting to discuss any item on the agenda as authorized by Texas Government Code Sections: 551.071 (Consultation with Attorney), 551.072 (Deliberations about real property) 551.073 (Deliberations about gifts and donations), 551.074 (Personnel matters), and 551.076 (Deliberations about security devices). After discussion in executive session, any action or vote will be taken in public.]

ALL RIGHT. MOVE ON TO ITEM NUMBER 12. AT THIS POINT, I WOULD LIKE TO ADVISE YOU WE ARE GOING TO MOVE INTO EXECUTIVE SESSION UNDER TEXAS GOVERNMENT CODE SECTION 551072. DELIBERATIONS ABOUT REAL PROPERTY.

WILL HAVE DISCUSSION ABOUT THE LEASE FOR THE MPO OFFICE SPACE. ANY ACTION WILL BE TAKEN AFTER WE RECONVENE INTO

* This transcript was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.