Link

Social

Embed

Download

Download
Download Transcript

[I. Call to Order. Public comment on any item on the agenda.]

[00:00:14]

METROPOLITAN PLANNING ORGANIZATION TO ORDER.

WE DO HAVE MASKS BUT I'M TAKING IT OFF SO IT'S EASIER TO TALK INTO THE MIC. WE ARE SPREAD OUT HERE WITHIN THE COUNCIL CHAMBERS WHERE WE'RE MEETING TO PROVIDE A BUFFER BETWEEN INDIVIDUALS. ON THE AGENDA IF YOU LOOK AT IT, IT HAS INFORMATION BUT I'M GOING TO READ IT OFF AS WELL.

THE PHONE NUMBER TO CALL IN TO LISTEN TO THE MEETING IS 888-475-4499. THE MEETING ID IS 43598968.

AGAIN THE MEETING ID IS 43598968.

PLEASE MUTE YOUR PHONE WHEN YOU ARE ON THIS LINE.

THE PHONE NUMBER TO CALL IN IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PUBLIC HEARING IS 877-853-5257. THAT'S 877-853-5257.

THE MEETING ID YOU NEED FOR THAT NUMBER IS 5138730228.

AGAIN THE MEETING ID IS 5138730228.

PLEASE ONLY CALL INTO THE PARTICIPATION LINE WHEN THE ITEM YOU WISH TO SPEAK ON IS BEING PRESENTED.

YOU WILL HEED THE TO SPEAK CLEARLY AND MAKE SURE ANY AUDIO FROM YOUR TV OR COMPUTER IS MUTED IN THE BACKGROUND.

PLEASE NOTE THAT THERE IS A SLIGHT DELAY IN THE AUDIO.

I WILL LET EVERYONE KNOW WHEN THE PUBLIC HEARING AND PUBLIC COMMENT SECTIONS ARE OPEN. YOU WILL BE MUTED UNTIL IT'S YOUR TURN TO TALK. YOU WILL HEAR A NOTIFICATION THAT YOU HAVE BEEN UNMUTED WHEN IT'S YOUR TURN.

MAKE SURE TO CLEARLY STATE YOUR FULL NAME FOR THE RECORD AND AFTER YOUR COMMENTS FOR THAT ITEM ARE MADE THE CALL WILL BE DISCONNECTED AND YOU'LL NEED TO CALL BACK ON THE LISTEN ONLY NUMBER IF THERE'S ANOTHER ITEM TO LISTEN TO OR CALL BACK IN THE MAIN PARTICIPATE NUMBER IF YOU WANT TO SPEAK ON A DIFFERENT ITEM. SO ANY QUESTIONS ABOUT THAT?

[2. Consideration and Action on the minutes of the February 18, 2020 meeting.]

WE'LL MOVE ONTO ITEM NUMBER TWO WHICH IS CONSIDERATION AND ASHEN -- ACTION ON THE MINUTES FROM THE MEETING ON FEBRUARY 18TH.

I'LL ENTERTAIN A MOTION. >> SECOND.

>> MOTOR VEHICLES AND A SECOND. ALL IN FAVOR SAY AYE.

[3. Receive a Report, Hold a Discussion and a Public Hearing, and Take Action on an amendment to the FYs 2020-2045 Metropolitan Transportation Plan (MTP).]

ANY OPPOSED? ITEM NUMBER THREE, RECEIVE A REPORT AND HOLD A DISCUSSION AND HAVE A PUBLIC HEARING TO TAKE ACTION ON AN AMENDMENT TO THE FY2020-2045 METROPOLITAN

TRANSPORTATION PLAN. >> THE ITEM BEFORE YOU IS OUR LONG RANGE PLAN AND IT REQUIRES AN AMENDMENT TO IT.

THIS WAS ACTUALLY APPROVED ON THE DECEMBER 17TH OF 2019 MEETING. ON MARCH 5, 2020, FEDERAL HIGHWAYS CAME IN AND THEY PRESENTED SOME COMMENTS BACK ON THE PLAN. AND THIS WILL REQUIRE AN AMENDMENT TO IT BECAUSE OF THOSE COMMENTS.

AND SO WE HAVE INCLUDED IN YOUR PACKETS THE INFORMATION THAT'S LISTED IN RED AND SINCE WE CHANGED THE MTP WE HAD IT OUT FOR PUBLIC REVIEW FROM APRIL 7TH THROUGH APRIL 17TH A 5:00 DEADLINE. AND THEN ALSO TODAY THERE'S ALSO A PUBLIC HEARING ON IT. THERE WAS NO RECOMMENDATION FROM THE TECHNICAL COMMITTEE AND LET ME GO THROUGH SOME OF THE ITEMS THAT WE CHANGED. SO IF YOU LOOK IN YOUR PACKET, THE FIRST THING THAT YOU SEE IS THE COVER SHEET, THAT HAS BEEN AMENDED WITH THE DATES AND WE WILL TAKE OFF THAT PENDING APPROVAL ONCE ACTION HAS BEEN TAKEN TODAY.

THE TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE WE DID SOME MEMBER CHANGES, THE TABLE OF CONTENTS, THERE'S SO PAGE NUMBERS.

WHAT HAPPENED WHEN THE CONSULTANTS SENT IT BACK TO US WE HAD A PROBLEM WITH SOME OF THE PAGE NUMBERS GETTING OFF AND WE'LL MAKE THOSE CHANGES TO THE PAGE NUMBERS AND I'LL SHOW YOU THAT IN A MINUTE. THEN THE TRAVEL DEMAND MODEL PAGE 13, PAGE 19. THE PAGE 38, 39, 42, 70, CHAPTER 8 AND 9 WAS COMBINED. PAGE 93 THE FUNDING SUMMARY WAS ADDED. PAGE 98 AND 99 WE ADDED PERFORMANCE MEASURES COLUMNS TO ALL OF THE PROJECTS.

PAGE 101 WE CHANGED THE UNFUNDED PROJECTS TO ILLUSTRATED PROJECTS. PAGE 102 WE CHANGED UNFUNDED PROJECTS MAP TO ILLUSTRATED PROJECTS MAP.

THEN 104 WE CHANGED THE CURRENT PROJECTS IN DEVELOPMENT TABLE WAS ADDED. I'M GOING TO GO THROUGH A COUPLE

[00:05:02]

OF THOSE AND WE ALSO ADDED IT TO THE WEBSITE WHICH WAS ONE OF THE REQUIREMENTS FEDERAL HIGHWAYS HAD.

YOU CAN SEE HERE THE TABLE OF CONTENTS, THAT SHOULD BE NUMBER FOUR, PAGE FOUR INSTEAD OF TWO. AND THEN ON THAT ONE ON THE BOTTOM THAT SHOULD BE PAGE 83 INSTEAD OF PAGE TWO.

THE LIST OF FIGURES YOU CAN SEE THE CORRECTION THERE ON THE RIGHT HAND SIDE. THESE WERE THE PAGES THAT I TALKED ABOUT, THOSE ARE ALSO INCLUDED IN YOUR BOOK.

I CAN GO THROUGH THEM INDIVIDUALLY IF Y'ALL HAVE ANY QUESTIONS. OTHERWISE THOSE ARE THE ONES THAT WERE CHANGED. THE NEW SECTION THAT WAS ADDED, YOU CAN SEE THERE IS THE PLANNING FACTORS AND SO THOSE WERE ALL ADDED IN ON THOSE TWO PAGES.

THE COMBINED CHAPTERS, SO WE COMBINED 8 AND 9 INTO A FINANCIAL PLAN AND PROJECT LISTING BASED OFF OF FEDERAL HIGHWAY'S COMMENTS THAT THEY PROVIDED TO US.

AND HERE'S WHERE WE ADDED THE PERFORMANCE MEASURES RELATIONSHIP TO THE PROJECT THEMSELVES AND THEN WE ADDED IN THE PROJECTS THAT ARE CONTINUING INTO THIS CYCLE OF THE MTP.

AND WITH THAT I'LL BE HAPPY TO GO OVER IT IN MORE DETAIL OR

ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS Y'ALL HAVE. >> ANY QUESTIONS?

>> NO. >> OKAY.

DUE TO THE COVID-19 PANDEMIC, THE PACKET WAS EMAILED BUT NO MEETING WAS HELD. WE DON'T HAVE A FORMAL RECOMMENDATION FROM TACK. BUT RECOMMENDATION TO US IS TO ADOPT THE CHANGES THAT HAVE BEEN RECOMMENDED BASED ON THE RESPONSES FROM THE FEDERAL HIGHWAYS ADMINISTRATION AFTER WE

HAVE A PUBLIC HEARING. >> YES, SIR, AND ONE OF THE THINGS I FAILED TO POINT OUT INCLUDED IN YOUR PACKET WAS AN EMAIL WHERE I SUBMITTED THE CHANGES TO FEDERAL HIGHWAYS AND THE EMAIL BACK THAT HE DID APPROVE THOSE.

>> DID YOU HAVE ANY FEEDBACK FROM THE TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE EVEN THOUGH THEY DID NOT MEET, DID ANYBODY RESPOND

BACK? >> I HAD SOME GRAMMATICAL CHANGES BUT NOTHING SUBSTANTIAL WITH THE RECOMMENDATION.

>> ALL RIGHT, THANK YOU. THIS ITEM CALLS FOR A PUBLIC HEARING. SO IF YOU WANT TO PROVIDE COMMENTS ON THIS, YOU NEED TO CALL INTO THE PARTICIPATE NUMBER WHICH AGAIN IS 877-853-5257. THE MEETING ID IS 5138730228.

THAT'S ON THE SCREEN AS >>> ONE OF THE PROJECTS WAS

[4. Receive a Report, Hold a Discussion and a Public Hearing, and Take Action on the FINAL amendment to the FYs 2019-2022 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP).]

ADDED, YOU CAN SEE THAT LISTED IN BLUE IN YOUR PACKET.

SO WE PUT IT OUT FOR PUBLIC REVIEW AGAIN WHICH WE DID FOR THE MTP WHICH WAS APRIL 7 THROUGH 17TH.

AS OF TODAY WE HAVE RECEIVED NO COMMENTS ON THIS DOCUMENT.

THE INFORMATION, I'M GOING TO GO THROUGH THE INDIVIDUAL CHANGES HERE. BUT THIS IS THE FINAL DOCUMENT AMENDMENT AND Y'ALL SAW THE DRAFT VERSION AT THE LAST MEETING. THERE WE GO.

SO THE CHANGES TO THIS DOCUMENT THAT YOU'LL SEE, THE COVER SHEET, THE DATES PENDING APPROVAL WILL BE REMOVED.

THE TABLE OF CONTENTS, THE PAGE NUMBERS CHANGED WHEN WE ADDED THAT PROJECT IN THERE. THE PUBLIC PARTICIPATION PROCESS, IF WE DON'T RECEIVE ANY COMMENTS TODAY, THAT WILL BE CHANGED TO NO COMMENTS OR IF WE RECEIVE COMMENTS THE NUMBERS WILL BE ADDED. THE PAGE 13 WE ADDED YOU TO THE CATEGORY 2 FUNDING. WE ADDED THAT TO THAT PROJECT.

ON PAGE 14 WE ADDED THE PROJECT THAT I JUST REFERENCED.

ON PAGE 17 WE DID THE HIGHWAY FINANCIAL SUMMARY UPDATE.

AND THEN PAGE 18 WE ADDED IN THE PROJECT TO THE MAP.

AND THEN PAGE 29 WE DID THE HISTORY WITH THE DATES PENDING APPROVAL. IF Y'ALL COULD TURN TO YOUR PACKET I'D LIKE TO GO OVER THAT ONE PROJECT.

IT'S ON PAGE 14 OF YOUR DOCUMENT.

SO WHAT THIS IS, THIS IS A CONTINUATION PROJECT.

THIS IS THE PROJECT THAT'S CURRENTLY UNDERWAY.

WE WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT IT REMAINS IN THE TIP BECAUSE IF THERE'S ANY CHANGE ORDERS OR ANYTHING LIKE THAT IT NEEDS TO

[00:10:01]

BE INCLUDED IN THE TIP AND WE WANT TO MAKE SURE THAT THAT PROJECT STAYS IN THE TIP AND THAT'S WHY YOU SEE IT IN THIS DOCUMENT. YOU'LL ALSO SEE IT IN THE NEXT CHAPTER OR THE NEXT SECTION IN THE NEW TIP ALSO.

WE ADDED THE PUBLIC REVIEW WHERE THE NUMBER OF COMMENTS WILL BE ADDED IN THE FINAL DOCUMENT. THESE ARE THE MODIFIED PAGES THAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT WITH THE FINANCIAL SUMMARY AND THE HIGHWAY PROJECTS ACT. THAT PROJECT WAS ADDED IN THERE.

THE ITEMS YOU SEE ON BLUE ARE THE CHANGES FROM THE DRAFT.

ONE OF THE THINGS I DO WANT TO POINT OUT INCLUDED ON TOP OF YOUR PACKET, I HANDED OUT SOME SHEETS.

THIS ONE SAYS FISCAL YEARS 2019, 2022, TIP AMENDMENT NUMBER TWO.

WHAT HAPPENED WAS WHEN I WAS GETTING READY TO ADD THIS INTO THE ELECTRONIC VERSION, THE ONLINE VERSION, I REALIZED THAT THE REVISION DATE WAS STILL SHOWING FROM Y'ALLS LAST MEETING WHICH WAS FEBRUARY MEETING. IT NEEDED TO SHOW MAY BECAUSE THIS IS A MAY REVISION. EVERYWHERE YOU SEE 02 IS REPLACED BY 05 AND THAT'S WHAT YOU SEE HIGHLIGHTED.

IF YOU'LL TURN TO, SO THAT'S WHAT ALL OF THOSE CHASE ARE IN BOTH THE TRANSIT AND THE -- THOSE CHANGES ARE IN BOTH THE TRANSIT AND THE HIGHWAY PROJECTS.

AND I BELIEVE THAT'S EVERYTHING THAT WAS CHANGED ON THAT.

BUT I JUST WANTED TO POINT THAT OUT, THAT'S ACTUALLY AN ADMINISTRATIVE AMENDMENT. WE COULD HAVE WENT AHEAD AND DID IT. BUT I WANT Y'ALL TO BE AWARE THAT WE MADE THAT CHANGE SO THAT IT'S CORRECT.

>> I WANT TO JUST ASK A QUESTION.

>> SURE. >> ON THIS SECOND PAGE, PAGE 14 OF THIS HANDOUT THAT YOU PROVIDED.

>> YES, SIR. >> THERE'S STILL A REFERENCE TO A FEBRUARY 2018. I'M ASSUMING THAT SHOULD BE

2018? >> YES, SIR.

>> I JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE. >> WHAT HAPPENED WAS THE ORIGINAL REVISION DATE TO THIS PROJECT BECAUSE THIS IS A CARRY OVER FROM IT ACTUALLY WENT BACK FOR THE 2017 TO 2020 TIP.

AND SO WE HAD AN AMENDMENT TO THAT AND SO IT'S TRACKING THE HISTORY OF AMENDMENTS. WE NEED TO SHOW THAT ONE PLUS

THIS ONE. >> OKAY.

>> YES, SIR. >> AND IT NEEDS TO BE MAY NOT APRIL EVEN THOUGH WE'RE MEETING IN APRIL PROVING IT TODAY?

>> YES, SIR, IT NEEDS TO BE MAY. BECAUSE THE TIPS ARE REVISED EVERY QUARTER SO THE NEXT REVISION IS IN MAY.

>> ANY OTHER QUESTIONS? AGAIN THERE WAS NO FORMAL RECOMMENDATION FROM THE TAC. BUT NO OPPOSITION EITHER.

THEY HAD AN OPPORTUNITY TO LOOK OVER THESE CHANGES?

>> YES, SIR. >> THIS ITEM ALSO CALLED FOR A PUBLIC HEARING. THE PHONE NUMBER TO CALL IN TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PUBLIC HEARING IS 877-853-5257.

THE MEETING ID IS 5138730228. SO IF YOU WANT TO CALL IN AND PARTICIPATE PLEASE DO SO NOW AND STATE YOUR NAME.

>> WHILE WE'RE WAITING FOR OUR FIRST CALLER I DO WANT TO JUST ASK THE QUESTION ABOUT THE NOTICE FOR THIS PUBLIC HEARING BECAUSE WE'RE HAVING TO DO IT THIS WAY.

WE GAVE NOTICE THAT THIS WOULD BE THE PROCESS, CORRECT?

>> YES, SIR, IT WAS INCLUDED IN THE AGENDA PACKETS THAT WENT OUT AND IT WAS ALSO POSTED IN THE NORMAL LOCATIONS INCLUDING ONLINE WHERE WE PUT THE PACKET SO THEY COULD DOWNLOAD THE

PACKET. >> SO THERE'S NOT GOING TO BE A QUESTION LATER ON THAT WE DIDN'T GIVE PROPER NOTICE?

>> NO, SIR. WE FOLLOWED THE PROCESS THAT WAS

IN PLACE. >> THERE'S NO ONE THAT'S CALLED IN. I WILL ENTERTAIN A MOTION FOR

ITEM NUMBER FOUR. >> I MOVE WE APPROVE.

>> SECOND. >> HAVE A MOTION AND A SECOND.

ALL IN FAVOR SAY AYE. >> AYE.

>> ANY OPPOSED? ITEM NUMBER FOUR IS APPROVED.

[5. Receive a Report, Hold a Discussion and a Public Hearing, and Take Action on the FINAL FYs 202 1-2024 Transportation Improvement Program (TIP).]

WE MOVE TO ITEM NUMBER FIVE. RECEIVE A REPORT, HOLD A DISCUSSION AND A PUBLIC HEARING AND TAKE ACTION ON THE FINAL IF, Y 2021-2024 -- FINAL FY 2021-2024 TRANSPORTATION

IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM. >> THIS IS A NEW TIP.

THE ONE Y'ALL GOT THROUGH TODAY IS PROVING INTO THE EAST TIP.

THIS ONE WAS DUE IN JUNE IT'S NOW GOING TO BE DUE IN JULY BUT SINCE WE HAVE IT READY WE MIGHT AS WELL GO AHEAD AND GET IT APPROVED. K INCLUDED IS WHAT YOU SEE. IT HAD THE SAME PUBLIC REVIEW TIME PERIOD. AND THEN WE PUT IT OUT FOR THE SECOND REVIEW BECAUSE WE DID ADD SOME PROJECTS IN HERE.

SO THIS IS THE FINAL DOCUMENT. THERE ARE A COUPLE OF CHANGES TO THE DOCUMENT. SO THE COVER SHEET AGAIN THE PENDING APPROVAL WILL BE REMOVED.

THE TABLE OF CONTENTS, THE PAGE NUMBERS HAVE CHANGED.

AND THESE CHANGES I'M REFERRING TO ARE CHANGES FROM THE DRAFT THAT Y'ALL SAW AT THE LAST MEETING.

THE PAGE NINE THE PUBLIC PARTICIPATION PROCESS.

ONCE WE FIND OUT IF WE HAVE ANY COMMENTS ON THIS THAT WILL EITHER BE ADDED OR IT WILL SAY NO COMMENTS.

PAGE 15, IF Y'ALL WILL TURN TO PAGE 15 I DO WANT TO COVER THOSE

[00:15:01]

PROJECTS SLIGHTLY. SO THERE ARE TWO PROJECTS THAT WERE ADDED. THESE AGAIN ARE PROJECTS THAT ARE ONGOING. SO YOU CAN SEE OR THAT WILL BE ONGOING. SO YOU CAN SEE HERE THE FIRST ONE IS THE CONSTRUCTION OF THIS IS ON US-83.

IT'S A CONSTRUCT FRONTAGE ROADS NORTH OF FM 707.

THE OTHER ONE IS A CONTINUING PROJECT ON CLARK AND REMMINGTON ROAD. IT'S IN THE LAST TIP AND IT WILL BE IN THIS TIP AS WELL BECAUSE WE'RE NOT SURE WHEN FEDERAL HIGHWAYS WILL APPROVE THIS TIP. HAVING IT IN BOTH WILL ALLOW IT TO CONTINUE MOVING WITHOUT ANY PROBLEMS. THE MODIFIED OTHER PAGES THAT WE HAVE, THE HIGHWAY PAGE 19 THE HIGHWAY FINANCIAL SUMMARY WAS UPDATED.

PAGE 20 THE ADDED PROJECTS ON THE PAGE 15 THAT WE JUST DISCUSSED AND THEN PAGE 31 THE HISTORY OF THE TIP AND THE TIP AMENDMENTS, THE DATES, AND THE PENDING APPROVAL WILL BE ADDED.

ONE OF THE THINGS I DO WANT TO POINT OUT THIS ALSO HAS THE SHEET IN IT THAT I HANDED OUT. IF YOU'LL LOOK AT THE BOTTOM OF THIS ONE, THIS ONE SAYS FISCAL YEARS 2021 TO 2024 TIP.

THE SAME THING ON THIS ONE, EVERYWHERE THAT YOU SAW THE 02 OF 2020 THAT WAS THE DRAFT VERSION SO WE CHANGED THAT TO 05 OF 2020. THOSE ARE HIGHLIGHTED IN YELLOW.

THE OTHER THING IN THE PROJECT HISTORY WE ADDED IN THERE THAT THIS TIP IS ALSO IN THE PREVIOUS DOCUMENT SO IT SHOWS THE HISTORY OF THAT MOVING FORWARD. AND THE SAME THING ON THE PROJECTS ALL THE WAY THROUGH. IF YOU'LL TURN TO PAGE 16 THOUGH I DO WANT TO POINT SOMETHING OUT.

AT THE BOTTOM OF THAT PAGE IS A NEW PROJECT.

THIS IS THE IH-20 PROJECT. THIS HAS NOT BEEN IN ANY TIP BEFORE SO WE INADVERTENTLY HAD A REVISION DATE.

IT DOESN'T NEED A REVISION DATE BECAUSE IT'S A NEW PROJECT SO WE TOOK THOSE DATES OUT, THAT'S WHY YOU SEE YELLOW WITH A BLANK.

THE SAME THING ON THE NEXT TWO PAGES.

>> WHAT PAGE ARE YOU ON? >> PAGE 16, SIR, AT THE BOTTOM

THERE. >> THIS IS IN THE HANDOUT NOT THE DOCUMENT. THE OLD VERSION IS IN THE DOCUMENT AND THEN THIS IS THE HANDOUT.

IT'S JUST THAT THOSE ARE THE NEW PROJECTS SO THEY DON'T NEED A REVISION DATE UNLESS WE MAKE A CHANGE TO THEM IN THE FUTURE AND THEN THEY'LL HAVE A REVISION DATE.

THIS WAS PRESENTED OR SET OUT TO THE TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE AND WE DID NOT GET ANY COMMENTS BACK ON THAT.

AND ON OUR PUBLIC HEARING WE HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY PUBLIC COMMENTS BACK ON THIS DOCUMENT AS OF TODAY.

>> SO THAT'S THE THREE SEGMENTS OF IH-20 AND THEN THE BUFFALO

GAP ROAD PROJECT. >> YES, SIR, IT'S THE I-20 AND IT'S ACTUALLY 707 FROM FM 89 TO FM 83.

AND THERE'S FOR IH-20. YES, SIR.

>> ANY OTHER QUESTIONS? THIS ITEM DOES CALL FOR A PUBLIC HEARING. THE PHONE NUMBER TO CALL IN TO PARTICIPATE IN THE PUBLIC HEARING IS 877-853-5257 WITH THE MEETING ID 5138730228. WE'LL GIVE JUST A MINUTE FOR THE DELAY. BUT NOBODY CALLING IN.

ALL RIGHT. SO I'LL CLOSE THE PUBLIC HEARING, I'LL ENTERTAIN A MOTION.

>> SO MOVED. >> HAVE A MOTION.

>> SECOND. >> AND A SECOND.

ALL IN FAVOR SAY AYE. >> AYE.

>> ANY OPPOSED? ITEM NUMBER FIVE IS APPROVED.

[6. Receive a Report, Hold a Discussion, and Take Action on the Limited English Proficiency Plan (LEP).]

WE MOVE TO ITEM NUMBER SIX, RECEIVE A REPORT, HOLD A DISCUSSION, AND TAKE ACTION ON THE LIMITED ENGLISH PROFICIENCY

PLAN. >> SO INCLUDED IN YOUR PACKET IS SOME CHANGES TO THE LIMITED ENGLISH PROFICIENCY PLAN.

THIS WAS ACTUALLY THE CURRENT PLAN WAS ADOPTED ON JULY 24, 2012. AND SO WHEN WE DID A REVIEW OF IT, WE REALIZED THAT THERE WERE SOME THINGS THAT NEEDED TO BE CHANGED ON IT AND ALSO THIS WILL BE PART OF THE FEDERAL HIGHWAY AUDIT COMING UP SO WE WANT TO MAKE SURE WE'RE IN COMPLIANCE AND THAT'S WHY WE'RE TAKING A PREEMPTIVE ACTION TO MAKE SURE WE MEET THE COMPLIANCE FOR THIS DOCUMENT.

SO THERE ARE SOME CHANGES TO IT. AND YOU CAN GO OVER THOSE, THOSE ARE HIGHLIGHTED. THERE'S TWO SECTIONS INCLUDED IN YOUR PACKET. THE FIRST ONE IS EVERYTHING HIGHLIGHTED IN YELLOW IS CHANGED AND THEN WE ALSO INCLUDED THE RED LINE VERSION SO YOU COULD SEE SOME OF THE THINGS THAT WERE TAKEN OUT OF THIS PLAN. SO ON THE COVER PAGE, THE DATE HAS CHANGED. PAGE TWO THE INTRODUCTION, THE STATEMENT OF PRINCIPLES WAS ADDED.

PAGE THREE THE CLARIFICATION OF DATA SOURCES AND MINOR GRAMMAR

[00:20:02]

CHANGES. PAGE FOUR WAS OUTREACH TO LEP RELATED ORGANIZATIONS. PAGE FIVE WE HAD THE USE OF BILINGUAL EMPLOYEES AND SELF-PROVIDED INTERPRETERS ADDED AND ALSO CLARIFICATION OF TRIGGERS FOR FORMAL REVIEW.

PAGE SIX HAD TWO NEW ITEMS LIKELY TO BE REVIEWED ADDED.

WE ALSO DID THE LEP POSTINGS ON THE WEBSITE AND THEN WE CHANGED THE TITLE OF THE LEP COORDINATOR TO EXECUTIVE DIRECTOR OR DESIGNEE. THEN WE ADD IN AN ENCOUNTER LOG AND SO THAT WAY WE'LL BE ABLE TO TRACK THOSE REQUESTS FROM THE MPO. I'LL TURN IT OVER TO ED AND LET MEN AND WOMEN GO OVER JUST A LITTLE BIT ABOUT WHAT THE LEP IS AND THAT WAY YOU HAVE A WILL ILL BACKGROUND.

>> THANK YOU. BASICALLY WHAT WE'RE TALKING ABOUT HERE IS THIS IS REALLY A WAY THAT WE SHOULD BE OPERATING.

WE ARE WHAT'S CONSIDERED A SUB RECIPIENT OF THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT. THEREFORE THE LEGAL BASIS FOR WHY WE HAVE TO DO THIS IS THAT IT RELATES TO THE TITLE SIX OF THE CIVIL RIGHTS ACTS OF 1964 WHICH PREVENTED DISCRIMINATION ON THE BASIS OF NATIONAL ORIGIN, RACE, ET CETERA.

AND THEN THAT WAS CLARIFIED THROUGH AN EXECUTIVE ORDER DONE UNDER PRESIDENT CLINTON. THAT WAS EXECUTIVE ORDER 13166 WHICH APPLIED TO FEDERAL AGENCIES AND ALL RECIPIENTS AND SUB RECIPIENTS DEFINING SPECIFIC WAYS THAT THEY NEEDED TO GO ABOUT MAKING SURE THAT THE LIMITED ENGLISH PROFICIENT COMMUNITIES WERE GIVEN THE OPPORTUNITIES TO HAVE MEANINGFUL INPUT INTO PUBLIC SERVICES. AND THOSE ARE THE KEY TERMS THAT WE'RE DEALING WITH HERE IS MAKING SURE THAT ALL INDIVIDUALS WHO DO NOT HAVE A STRONG PROFICIENCY WITH ENGLISH LANGUAGE HAVE NOT ONLY THE RIGHT TO ACCESS PUBLIC SERVICES BUT THEY ALSO HAVE A MEANINGFUL WAY OF HAVING INPUT INTO THEM.

BECAUSE WE KNOW THAT SOMETIMES MOST OF OUR BUSINESS IS DONE IN ENGLISH AND THEREFORE THAT CAN BE LIMITING TO THOSE FOLKS WHO WANT TO ACCESS THOSE SERVICES. SO IN ORDER TO ENSURE WE'RE IN COMPLIANCE WITH ALL OF THOSE THINGS, THE FIRST THING WE KNOW WE'RE TALKING ABOUT HERE IS CIVIL RIGHTS.

FOLKS MIGHT THINK THIS IS AN UNFUNDED MANDATE BECAUSE THERE ARE AT SOME POINTS COSTS ASSOCIATED WITH THIS BUT JUST LIKE POLICE OFFICERS ARE REQUIRED TO READ PEOPLE RIGHTS, THIS IS A CIVIL RIGHT WE'RE DEALING WITH.

SO WE HAVE AN OBLIGATION TO MAKE SURE THAT ALL OF THE CITIZENS WE ARE DEALING WITH HAVE ACCESS TO THOSE.

THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT HAS SET OUT A FOUR FACTOR PROCESS FOR EVALUATING YOUR PROGRAMS. EVERY PROGRAM IS A LITTLE BIT DIFFERENT AND THEREFORE IT'S NOT REASONABLE TO HAVE A SINGLE PROCESS APPLIED TO EVERY SINGLE ENTITY.

AND SO THE FOUR STEPS ARE PRETTY SIMPLE.

FIRST THING IS YOU NEED TO MAKE SURE THAT YOU IDENTIFY WHAT LEP POPULATIONS YOU MIGHT HAVE. SO WE HAVE A LOT OF DIFFERENT FOLKS FROM A LOT OF DIFFERENT PLACES WHO SPEAK A LOT OF DIFFERENT LANGUAGES. SO WE HAVE TO FIND OUT IN OUR AREA, WHAT KIND OF POPULATIONS WE'RE LIKELY TO HAVE.

THE SECOND STEP IS TO UNDERSTAND YOUR PROGRAM AND HOW YOU ARE LIKELY TO ENCOUNTER THOSE FOLKS. THIS IS A VARIETY OF WAYS OF GATHERING THAT INFORMATION. BUT LOOKING AT GEOGRAPHIC CONCENTRATIONS FOR EXAMPLE, A LARGE URBAN AREA MIGHT HAVE CERTAIN AREAS WHERE THEY HAVE A HIGH CONCENTRATION OF FOLKS WHO SPEAK A SPECIFIC LANGUAGE AND THEREFORE NOTIFICATIONS IN THOSE AREAS MIGHT NEED TO BE MODIFIED FOR EXAMPLE.

THE THIRD STEP IS LOOKING AT THE NATURE AND THE IMPORTANCES OF THE SERVICES THAT YOU PROVIDE. SO FOR EXAMPLE IF WE ARE PROVIDING SERVICES THAT ARE VERY LIFE SUSTAINING, PROVIDING FOOD SERVICE, LEGAL SERVICES, THINGS OF THAT NATURE, LAW ENFORCEMENT CONTACT FOR EXAMPLE, IN THOSE SITUATIONS IT'S OBVIOUSLY VERY IMPORTANT FOR PEOPLE'S CIVIL LIBERTIES THAT THEY BE GIVEN THAT INFORMATION IN THE LANGUAGE THAT THEY UNDERSTAND.

HOWEVER IN SOME CIRCUMSTANCES IT MIGHT NOT BE AS IMPORTANT.

THE FINAL THING IS THAT YOU HAVE TO RECOGNIZE AND EVALUATE YOUR OWN RESOURCES. WHAT RESOURCES DO YOU HAVE AS AN ORGANIZATION AND WHAT ARE THE COSTS THAT MIGHT BE ASSOCIATED WITH MEETING THOSE PARTICULAR NEEDS THAT YOU HAVE OUT THERE.

NOT EVERY ORGANIZATION IS GOING TO HAVE A HIGH LEVEL OF THIS.

SO BASICALLY THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT RECOGNIZES THAT WE MIGHT NOT HAVE TO HAVE ALL EXACTLY THE SAME COOKIE CUTTER APPROACH TO EVERYTHING. IN OUR ORGANIZATION AS WE CAN SEE WE ARE USING THE 2010 CENSUS AS THE BASIS FOR EVALUATING OUR POPULATION IN ABILENE. AND COMBINING THAT INFORMATION WITH THE AMERICAN COMMUNITY SURVEY WHICH LOOKS AT LANGUAGES THAT INDIVIDUALS SPEAK AND THEIR COMFORT LEVEL WITH THOSE LANGUAGES. IT'S IMPORTANT TO RECOGNIZE THAT WE ARE ONLY DEALING WITH INDIVIDUALS THAT ARE OVER THE AGE OF FIVE. SO WE FIND THAT WE DO NOT MEET THE SORT OF THRESHOLD STANDARD THAT'S TYPICALLY APPLICABLE WHICH IS A 5% OR THOUSAND POPULATION.

THE PRIMARY NONENGLISH LANGUAGE SPOKEN IN OUR AREA IS SPANISH.

AND AS YOU CAN SEE IT'S ABOUT 3.5% OF OUR POPULATION OVER THE

[00:25:05]

AGE OF FIVE. WE ALSO DIDN'T FIND GEOGRAPHIC CONCENTRATIONS OF SUCH. BASED ON OUR POPULATION ONE OF THE THINGS THAT'S TRUE IS THAT OUR MOST LIKELY MEANS OF CONTACTING FOLKS IS THROUGH PHONE CALLS.

THEY MIGHT SHOW UP AT A MEETING AND ALSO THEY MIGHT COME IN AND EMAIL US OR SHOW UP AT THE OFFICE TO LOOK AT DOCUMENTS.

THOSE ARE THE MOST LIKELY MEANS OF CONTACTING FOLKS WHO ARE LIMITED ENGLISH PROFICIENT. SO IN LOOKING AT OUR RESOURCES AND SINCE OUR DOCUMENTS CHANGE ON A REGULAR BASIS, IT WOULDN'T BE REASONABLE FOR US TO GO AHEAD AND HAVE TO CHANGE ALL OF THOSE DOCUMENTS ESPECIALLY GIVEN THAT WE DO NOT HAVE A RECORD OF ANY SPECIFIC REQUESTS THUS FAR FOR OUR DOCUMENTS TO BE INTERPRETED OR FOR US TO HAVE A PHYSICAL INTERPRETER PRESENT AT ANY OF OUR MEETINGS. HOWEVER WE RECOGNIZE THAT THAT COULD HAPPEN AND SO WITH THE RESOURCES THAT ARE AVAILABLE WE KNOW THAT THERE ARE A NUMBER OF BILINGUAL EMPLOYEES AT THE CITY OF ABILENE WHICH IS OUR FISCAL AGENT.

WE ALSO KNOW THAT THERE ARE A NUMBER OF ORGANIZATIONS IN TOWN THAT MIGHT BE WILLING TO PROVIDE VOLUNTEER INTERPRETATION SERVICES IF SOMEONE WOULD REQUEST THOSE.

AND THEN FINALLY WE ALSO KNOW THAT FOLKS MAY ALSO HAVE MEMBERS OF THEIR OWN FAMILY, ET CETERA, THAT THEY WANT TO BRING WITH THEM OR FRIENDS, ET CETERA THAT THEY WOULD BE TRUSTED AGENTS TO DO INTERPRETATION FOR THEM. SO ONE OF THE THINGS WE HAVE TO RECOGNIZE IS THAT THOSE FOLKS HAVE THAT RIGHT.

THEY DON'T HAVE TO USE AN INTERPRETER THAT WE REQUIRE THEM TO USE. THEY CAN BRING IN THEIR OWN INTERPRETER IF THEY CHOOSE. WE HAVE TO TRY TO INFORM THEM THERE'S A RIGHT FOR US TO PROVIDE AN INTERPRETER AT NO COST TO THEM. THAT'S THE IMPORTANT PART.

BUT IF THEY CHOOSE NOT TO DO THAT AND USE THEIR OWN INTERPRETER, THEY ARE ALLOWED TO DO THAT AS WELL.

SO WE'VE INCORPORATED THAT INTO OUR POLICYMAKING IT CLEAR THAT THEY HAVE THOSE RIGHTS AND THOSE OPPORTUNITIES.

AT ANY POINT IN TIME IF THEY WANT TO RECEIVE INTERPRETATION SERVICES FOR ANY OF OUR DOCUMENTS.

WE HAVE ALSO GONE AHEAD AND POSTED A SIGN IN OUR OFFICE SPACE IN SPANISH AND ENGLISH LETTING THEM KNOW THAT THOSE SERVICES ARE AVAILABLE AT NO COST TO THEM SHOULD THEY CHOOSE TO DO SO. GO AHEAD AND HIT THE NEXT SLIDE FOR ME. OKAY.

OBVIOUSLY THE CHANGES WE'VE MADE ARE TRYING TO MAKE OUR PROGRAM MATCH THOSE THAT WE'VE SEEN IN OUR RESEARCH AROUND THE COUNTRY AND TO TRY AND MAKE SURE THAT WE ARE MEETING THE SPIRIT AND THE INTENT OF THAT REQUIREMENT. UNFORTUNATELY BECAUSE OF THE CURRENT SITUATION WE HAVE WITH COVID-19 OUR TECHNICAL ADVISER WAS NOT ABLE TO REVIEW THIS DOCUMENT.

WE DID SEND THEM THAT INFORMATION AS WITH THE PREVIOUS AGENDA ITEMS, WE HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY COMMENTS ON IT THAT I'M AWARE FROM THEM. BUT WE DO RECOMMEND THAT YOU GO AHEAD AND CONSIDER MAKING ANY CHANGES YOU THINK ARE APPROPRIATE AND TRY TO APPROVE THOSE.

I'M HERE TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS I CAN IF POSSIBLE.

>> A SITUATION THAT OCCURRED IN OUR SHERIFFS OFFICE IS THAT NOW THESE SMARTPHONES AND APPS, WE HAD A PERSON COME IN THE OFFICE THAT ONLY SPOKE CHINESE. AND OUR STAFF WAS ABLE TO BRING UP ON THEIR SMARTPHONE AN APP THAT WOULD COMMUNICATE AND TRANSLATE THAT SO THAT THEY COULD HELP SOMEBODY.

I DON'T KNOW IF THAT NEEDS TO BE CONSIDERED AS AN OPTION FOR THIS ORGANIZATION. MY UNDERSTANDING IT WAS FREE AND VERY EFFECTIVE. SO IF Y'ALL RUN INTO THOSE CIRCUMSTANCES, TECHNOLOGY HAS PROVIDED A TRANSLATION THAT'S READILY AVAILABLE AND I WOULD ENCOURAGE US TO BE MINDFUL OF

THAT GOING FORWARD. >> I ACTUALLY DO KEEP GOOGLE TRANSLATE ON MY PHONE JUST IN CASE I NEED IT FOR WHATEVER REASON. AND IT IS ONE THAT'S OFTEN CITED FOR THOSE. SO THAT'S A GREAT OBSERVATION.

IT IS IMPORTANT TO KNOW THAT CERTAIN LANGUAGES, IT'S NOT NECESSARILY A SERVICE THAT WOULD TRANSLATE TOWARDS THE DIALECT OF THAT INDIVIDUAL PERSON SO SOMETIMES THERE CAN BE SOME

ISSUES WITH THAT. >> I WILL ALSO SAY THAT OUR MPO WEBSITE PAGE THERE'S ALSO THE ABILITY THERE TO TRANSLATE IT INTO DIFFERENT LANGUAGES BY CLICKING A BUTTON THAT WILL TRANSLATE THE MPO WEBSITE INTO DIFFERENT LANGUAGES.

>> I THINK WE'VE DONE A PRETTY GOOD JOB OF TRYING TO MEET THAT

MANDATE. >> I'M JUST CURIOUS, LET'S TAKE AN EXAMPLE. WE'RE LOOKING AT AN LEP PLAN AND SOME OF THE OTHER THINGS THAT DO THAT UTILIZE INITIALS AND SHORTENED VERBIAGE AND SUCH AS THAT.

HOW DO YOU DO THAT WHEN YOU'RE TRYING TO TRANSLATE SOMETHING INTO ANOTHER LANGUAGE AND YOU'RE REFERRING TO A T.I.P. INSTEAD OF TRANSPORTATION IMPROVEMENT PROGRAM, HOW DO YOU DO THAT AS

YOU TRANSLATE IT? >> WELL I'M NOT A TRANSLATOR SO I RECOGNIZE THAT THERE MAY BE SOME CHALLENGES IN DEALING WITH ACRONYMS AND PROFESSIONAL TERMINOLOGY, THAT'S ONE OF THE THINGS THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT EVALUATES.

IF YOU EVER GET INTO A PROBLEM OR SOMEONE BELIEVES YOU HAVE VIOLATED THEIR CIVIL RIGHTS BY NOT PROVIDING THAT SERVICE, ONE OF THE QUESTIONS THAT WILL BE ASKED IS THE COMPETENCE OF THAT

[00:30:01]

INTERPRETER, AND WHETHER OR NOT THAT INTERPRETATION IS REASONABLE GIVEN THE NATURE OF THE TYPES OF MATERIAL THAT ARE TRANSLATED. THAT'S GOING TO HAVE TO BE EVALUATED ON A CASE BY CASE BASIS, WE ALWAYS WILL TRY TO MAKE THE MOST REASONABLE ACCOMMODATION THAT WE CAN.

AND IF THERE'S EVER ANY QUESTION ABOUT WHETHER OR NOT A TRANSLATION THAT WE HAVE PROVIDED OR WE'VE HIRED SOMEONE TO PROVIDE, IF EVER THERE'S A PROBLEM WITH THAT WE'LL HAVE TO DEAL WITH THAT AT THAT PARTICULAR TIME TO MAKE SURE

FOLKS GET THE SERVICE. >> DO YOU ANTICIPATE AT SOME POINT WE WOULD HAVE TO HAVE A LICENSED AND CERTIFIED TRANSLATORS AT SOME POINT IN THE MEETINGS?

>> THERE'S NO REAL CERTIFICATION PROCESS THAT'S UNIVERSELY ACCEPTED FOR AN INTERPRETER. YOU HAVE A CERTIFICATE THAT'S RECOGNIZED BY THE STATE OR THE FEDERAL GOVERNMENT PER SE.

THERE'S A NUMBER OF COMMERCIAL ENTITIES OUT THERE THAT GIVE PEOPLE CERTIFICATIONS. EVEN WITH CERTIFICATIONS IT'S ULTIMATELY GOING TO BE A QUESTION OF WHETHER OR NOT THAT WAS A REASONABLE TRANSLATION. AND THAT WILL BE A FACT BASED DECISION DONE ON A CASE BY CASE BASIS.

>> AND THIS HAS BEEN IN EXISTENCE.

THE ORIGINAL PLAN WAS APPROVED IN 2012.

SO FROM 2012 TO TODAY WE HAVEN'T HAD ANY REQUESTS FOR THAT.

BUT AS ED SAID WHEN THEY COME UP ON A DAY-TO-DAY BASIS, WE CAN

DEFINITELY ADDRESS THAT. >> ONE QUESTION I HAD AS YOU WERE GOING THROUGH THE PRESENTATION WAS AMERICAN SIGN LANGUAGE. DOES THAT FALL WITHIN THE OTHER SECTION OR IS THAT NOT PART OF WHAT'S LOOKED AT FOR THE LEP?

>> IT IS. IF SOMEONE IS ONLY FLUENT IN AMERICAN SIGN LANGUAGE AND THEY WANT INTERPRETATION SERVICES, WE WOULD BE REQUIRED TO PROVIDE THAT.

>> SO THAT'S INCLUDED IN THE OTHER?

>> YES. >> IT WASN'T SPECIFIC.

>> YES, AND LIKE I SAY THE BASIS OF OUR DATA RIGHT NOW IS A COMBINATION OF THE 2010 CENSUS AND THE AMERICAN COMMUNITY SURVEY WHICH IS A FIVE YEAR SURVEY.

IT'S NOT DONE AS A PART OF THE NORMAL DICENNTENIAL SURVEY.

IT'S DONE EVERY SO OFTEN. THE REGULAR CENSUS DOESN'T ASK THE QUESTION, DO YOU FEEL COMPETENT SPEAKING ENGLISH, BUT THE AMERICAN COMMUNITY SURVEY DOES.

YOU HAVE TO COMBINE THOSE TWO TOGETHER TO FIGURE OUT WHAT PERCENTAGE OF YOUR POPULATION DOES NOT SPEAK ENGLISH WELL AND

WHAT LANGUAGES THEY DO SPEAK. >> AND THIS WILL BE AMENDED AGAIN ONCE WE GET THE NEW CENSUS OUT THE DATA IN HERE WILL BE CHANGED AND ADDRESSED. SO Y'ALL WILL SEE IT AGAIN BUT WE WANTED TO GO AHEAD AND UPDATE IT SO THAT WE'RE IN COMPLIANCE AND MAKE SURE THAT WE HAVE EVERYTHING MET FOR THE FEDERAL

HIGHWAY AUDIT WHEN IT COMES IN. >> THAT WAS ONE OF THE THINGS WE DID, WE MORE CLARIFIED WHEN THAT TRIGGER WOULD BE.

WE JUST SAID CENSUS DATA IN THE PAST AND NOW WE'RE TRYING TO CLARIFY THAT AT THE VERY MINIMUM EVERY TEN YEARS WHEN THE NEW CENSUS COMES OUT, WE WILL OPEN THIS DOCUMENT UP.

WE WILL LOOK AT THE DATA AVAILABLE TO TRY TO DETERMINE WHETHER A MODIFICATION IS NECESSARY.

BUT WE ALSO HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY OF MODIFYING THEM ANY TIME SHOULD WE GET NEW DATA. SHOULD A NEW AMERICAN COMMUNITY SURVEY COME OUT OR WE GET INFORMATION SUCH AS A LARGE NUMBER OF PEOPLE COME IN AND TRACK THAT AND INDICATES THAT A CHANGE MIGHT BE NECESSARY, WE HAVE THE ABILITY TO DO THAT.

>> I DON'T KNOW IF THIS IS EVEN POSSIBLE TO DO THIS YET, BUT I GUESS IF A CELL PHONE OR A PERSONAL LISTENING DEVICE CAN PICK IT UP AND CHANGE IT REAL QUICKLY, IT WOULD BE NICE IF YOU HAD SYSTEMS IN PLACE WHERE A PERSON CAME IN IF THEY WERE SOMEBODY IN OUR POPULATION OR SOMEBODY HERE FOR A MEETING THEY MAY COME FROM THE PACIFIC ISLANDS SOMEWHERE WHERE YOU HAVE DIFFERENT DIALECTS WHERE THEY CAN JUST DIAL IT IN ON THEIR PERSONAL DEVICE OR WE COULD HAVE A LISTENING SYSTEM IN PLACE OUT THERE LIKE YOU TYPICALLY DO FOR THE HEARING IMPAIRED AND WHERE THEY CAN JUST TUNE IT IN TO A SPECIFIC CHANNEL AND WE'D BE ABLE TO DO THAT. I'M SURE THERE'S WAYS TO DO THIS BUT I THINK IT'S A VALUABLE SERVICE AND IT'S VERY IMPORTANT THAT THE CITIZENS HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO HEAR WHAT GOES ON AND BE A PART OF THE PROCESS SO I'M GLAD TO SEE THIS.

>> ANY OTHER COMMENTS OR QUESTIONS? IT DOESN'T SPECIFICALLY CALL FOR A PUBLIC HEARING SO I'LL

ENTERTAIN A MOTION. >> SO MOVED.

>> A MOTION AND A SECOND. ALL IN FAVOR SAY AYE.

>> AYE. >> ANY OPPOSED?

>> WHO SECOND THAT, I'M SORRY? >> I DID.

[7. Hold a Discussion on 2020 meeting dates.]

>> OKAY. >> ITEM NUMBER SEVEN HOLD A DISCUSSION ON 2020 MEETING DATES.

>> SO INCLUDED IN YOUR PACKET IS INFORMATION ON THE 2020 MEETING DATES AND AT THE FEBRUARY 18TH MEETING WE DID MOVE THE, WE SET THE APRIL 21ST AND WE MOVED THE JUNE 16TH, WE MOVED THAT TO JUNE 24TH BECAUSE OF SOME CONFLICTS THAT EXISTED IN PEOPLE'S CALENDARS. SO THE DISCUSSION WAS TO HOLD OFF ON THE OTHER DATES UNTIL WE HAD A FULL BOARD TOGETHER TO BE ABLE TO LOOK AT THOSE DATES. AND SO THAT IS WHERE WE WOULD

[00:35:03]

LIKE TO GO IS TO LOOK AT THE AUGUST 18TH, OCTOBER 20TH, AND DECEMBER 15TH TO MAKE SURE THOSE DATES ARE GOOD FOR EVERYONE.

>> THE 18TH IS NOT GOOD FOR ME. THE NEXT WEEK WOULD BE BETTER.

I HAVE A PRESCHEDULED AUSTIN TRIP THAT WHOLE WEEK OF THE

18TH. >> ARE YOU ALLOWED TO TRAVEL IN

AUGUST? >> WELL, I WAS ABOUT TO SAY THAT MAY CHANGE. IT'S ON THE CALENDAR.

>> DOES ANYBODY HAVE A CONFLICT WITH THE 25TH?

>> I DO NOT. >> OKAY SO WE'LL MOVE THE AUGUST MEETING TO THE 25TH, PENCIL THAT IN.

>> OCTOBER AND DECEMBER DATES ARE OKAY FOR ME TODAY.

>> YOU NEED A MOTION? >> NO.

>> JUST WHATEVER WE NEED TO DO TO ACCOMMODATE CARL.

>> THAT'S RIGHT. >> IT ALSO ALLOWS US TO GET THE ROOM RESERVED SO THAT WAY WE MAKE SURE WE'RE ON THE CALENDAR.

SO I'LL MOVE THE AUGUST 1 TO THE 25TH, WE'LL KEEP OCTOBER 20TH AND DECEMBER 15TH. THANK Y'ALL VERY MUCH.

[8. Discussion and review of transportation projects.]

>> ITEM NUMBER EIGHT DISCUSSION AND REVIEW OF TRANSPORTATION PROJECTS. AND IF PAUL HAS CALLED IN WE'LL DO TXDOT FIRST. I'M NOT SEEING HE'S CALLED IN.

>> HE MIGHT HAVE SOME ISSUES, I TOLD HIM TO CALL MY CELL PHONE

IF HE HAD SOME ISSUES. >> DO YOU WANT TO COVER THOSE?

>> YES, I CAN COVER THEM. SO YOU HAVE FOUR PROJECTS IN THE TXDOT PROJECTS FOR THE ABILENE MPO AREA.

THIS IS BUTLER CONSTRUCTION, US-8384 FROM 707 TO THE US-8384 SPLIT. THE GRADE SEPARATION AT -- IS HE ON? HE CAN PROBABLY DO A MUCH BETTER

JOB THAN ME. >> DOORBELL.

>> THIS IS PAUL. >> YES, SIR, WE CAN HEAR YOU.

>> GO AHEAD, PAUL. >> OKAY.

WE GOT FOUR PROJECTS ON THE LIST.

THE FIRST ONE IS US-8384 FROM FM 707 TO THE 8384 SPLIT INCLUDING A GRADE SEPARATION FROM 204. RIGHT NOW WE ARE WORKING ON INTERSECTION IMPROVEMENTS AT 204, THEY'RE CONSTRUCTING THE SECOND HALF OF OUR FRONTAGE ROADS AND ENTRANCE RAMPS.

THE PROJECT IS SLIGHTLY UNDER SCHEDULE RIGHT NOW AND EXPECTED COMPLETION IS IN 2021. THE NEXT PROJECT ON THE LIST IS FREEWAY FRONTAGE ROADS FROM US-277 TO LOOP 322.

THE FRONTAGE ROADS AND RAMPS ONLY.

THIS IS A RESURFACING PROJECT. IT IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN IN MAY.

THIS ONE WILL PREDOMINANTLY BE NIGHT WORK.

THE THIRD PROJECT ON THE LIST IS HONKY BROTHERS CONSTRUCTION ON STATE HIGHWAY 351. THAT WILL BE FROM TREADWAY TO IH-20. IT IS A SIDEWALKS, PEDESTRIAN RAMPS, AND ADA IMPROVEMENTS. WORK IS EXPECTED TO BEGIN ON THIS PROJECT IN MAY. AND THEN THE FOURTH ONE ON THE LIST IS THE FREEWAY FROM NORTH 10 TO IH-20.

THIS PROJECTS CONSISTS OF ROADWAY UPGRADES.

WE HAVE BEGUN WORK ON THAT ONE. WE JUST STARTED THAT AT THE END

OF LAST WEEK. >> THANK YOU, PAUL.

ANYBODY HAVE ANY QUESTIONS? ALL RIGHT, PAUL, APPRECIATE YOU

CALLING IN. >> THANK YOU.

>> NEXT IS THE CITY OF ABILENE PRESENTATION FROM CHARLIE AND HE

IS HERE IN THE FLESH. >> AFTERNOON.

FIRST PROJECT ON OUR LIST IS NORTH 6TH STREET.

IT WAS AWARDED BACK IN FEBRUARY 27TH.

AND IT IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION NOW.

RECONSTRUCTION PROJECT WAS AWARDED IN MARCH.

CONSTRUCTION WILL PROBABLY BEGIN AROUND MAY 18TH.

RECONSTRUCTION WAS AWARDED IN MARCH.

WE ANTICIPATE CONSTRUCTION TO BEGIN IN MAY.

[00:40:03]

BUTTERNUT RECONSTRUCTION WAS AWARDED IN MAY.

THE CONSTRUCTION HAS BEGUN AND IS 5% COMPLETE.

CENTRAL BUSINESS DISTRICT CONCRETE PAVEMENT REPAIRS, THE CONTRACT WAS AWARDED IN DECEMBER.

CONSTRUCTION BEGAN IN MARCH AND IS NOW 10% COMPLETE.

RECONSTRUCTION THE DESIGN IS 90% COMPLETE AND WE ANTICIPATE A BID AWARD MAY 28TH. RIDGEMONT BOULEVARD PROJECT IS NOW COMPLETE. WE'LL OPEN BIDS ON APRIL 28TH AND ANTICIPATE A BID AWARD ON MAY 14TH.

RECONSTRUCTION OF VILLAGE DRIVE, WE RECEIVED BIDS ON APRIL 9TH AND ANTICIPATE CONSTRUCTION TO BEGIN MAY 4TH.

WE HAVE 4 DCOA FUNDED STREET RESURFACING PROJECTS IN THE MODEL AREA. WE OPENED BIDS ON MAY 12TH AND ANTICIPATE A BID AWARD ON MAY 28TH.

ZONE S6 AND S24 RESURFACING, THAT PROJECT IS UNDER CONSTRUCTION AND IS 40% COMPLETE.

ROUGH ZONE S15 PAVEMENT RESURFACING, BID WAS AWARDED ON FEBRUARY 27TH. AND WE ANTICIPATE CONSTRUCTION WILL BEGIN ON APRIL 27TH. WORK ZONE N10 AND N3 BID WAS AWARDED IN JANUARY AND WE ANTICIPATE CONSTRUCTION TO BEGIN FIRST WEEK OF MAY. SOUTH 23RD AND BARROW INTERSECTION WE RECONSTRUCT AS A CONCRETE INTERSECTION, THE DESIGN IS 95% COMPLETE AND WE ANTICIPATE BIDDING THAT PROJECT IN MAY. RECONSTRUCTION DESIGN WAS 70% COMPLETE. THE DESIGN COVERED A WATER LINE THAT WAS TOO SHALLOW AND WILL HAVE TO BE RELOCATED.

AND SO THAT BID AWARD IS ANTICIPATED IN DECEMBER.

THE PROJECT TO CONSTRUCT VARIOUS CONCRETE GUTTERS, THE CONSTRUCTION IS NOW COMPLETE. OUR SIDEWALK PROJECT WHICH IS A GRANT THROUGH TXDOT FOR SIDEWALKS, THE DESIGN IS COMPLETE. WE ANTICIPATE ADVERTISING IN JUNE AND JULY WITH A BID AWARD ON JULY 23RD.

>> AND WORK ZONES S6 AND S24 THAT WAS OUR FIRST EXPERIENCE

WITH THE -- >> YES --

>> I'M CURIOUS WHAT YOUR THOUGHTS ARE ON THAT?

>> RIGHT NOW IT'S LOOKING GOOD. I GUESS THE VERDICT IS STILL OUT UNTIL WE SEE HOW IT PERFORMS OVER THE YEARS.

THE INTENT IS TO EXTEND THE LIFE OF THE PAVEMENT.

BUT THE CONTRACTOR APPEARS TO BE DOING A GOOD JOB.

THE PROJECT IS MOVING ALONG WEATHER PERMITTING.

AND WE ANTICIPATE THEY'LL ACTUALLY BE COMPLETE ON THAT THE

MIDDLE OF NEXT WEEK. >> THANK YOU.

ANY OTHER QUESTIONS? NOW WE'LL MOVE TO THE CITY LINK PRESENTATION. IS BOBBY ON THE LINE?

ALL RIGHT. >> GOOD AFTERNOON, THIS IS BOBBY SHARP, CITY LINK GENERAL MANAGER.

JUST WANT TO MAKE SURE BEFORE I GET INTO ANYTHING, CAN EVERYBODY

HEAR OKAY? >> YES, SIR.

>> OKAY, GOOD. DUE TO THE COVID-19 AND THE EFFECT ON THE WAY OF LIFE WITHIN THE CITY OF ABILENE, CITY LINK HAS MADE SOME CHANGES AND ACCOMMODATIONS TO OFFICIAL MANDATES. CITY LINK INCREASED THE FREQUENCY OF SANITIZING BUSSES IN ADVANCE OF THE TYPICAL FLU SEASON MONTHS AGO. ONCE THE CORONAVIRUS BECAME MORE PREVALENT CITY LINK INCREASED THE FREQUENCY TO DISINFECTING BUSSES SEVERAL TIMES DURING THE DAY.

THE LOBBY SEATING WAS REMOVED TO ENCOURAGE SOCIAL DISTANCING AND TO ABIDE BY THE SOCIAL GATHERING ORDERS.

THESE BUSSES ARE ACTUALLY FOLLOWED BY SMALLER BUSSES TO PICK UP ANY PASSENGERS TO INSURE THAT NO ONE IS LEFT BEHIND.

WE ALSO BLOCKED OFF SEATS CLOSER TO THE BUS OPERATOR, ALL

[00:45:06]

BOARDING THROUGH THE BACK DOOR. AND PROVIDED PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT TO PROTECT THE SAFETY OF OUR EMPLOYEES.

EVEN THOUGH CITY LINK HAS SEEN A 50% REDUCTION OF OVERALL RIDERSHIP WE CONTINUE TO FULLY OPERATE AS AN ESSENTIAL SERVICE.

ONE OF THE THINGS THAT HAS DEVELOPED SINCE I ACTUALLY WROTE THIS INFORMATION, WE ARE STARTING TO EXPERIENCE SOME DELAYS OR SOME INTERRUPTIONS WITH OUR EMPLOYEES AND THE ABILITY FOR THEM TO REPORT TO WORK AND TO PROVIDE THE SERVICE.

THERE IS A POSSIBILITY THAT IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE WE MAY HAVE TO REDUCE SERVICE. WE'VE ACTUALLY GOT A REDUCTION OF SERVICE PLAN THAT HAS BEEN PRESENTED TO THE CITY OF ABILENE AND ONCE WE REACH THE CERTAIN POINT THAT WE CAN NO LONGER PROVIDE IT, WE WILL IMPLEMENT THOSE REDUCTIONS OF SERVICE.

THE NEXT ITEM THAT I JUST WANT TO PROVIDE AN UPDATE, CITY LINK IS CURRENTLY REVIEWING QUOTES FOR AUGMENTED VEHICLE LOCATION SERVICES THAT WILL ENABLE PASSENGERS TO MONITOR REALTIME BUS ARRIVAL ON A FIXED ROUTE. THE IMPLEMENTATION OF THE SYSTEM IS ANTICIPATED WITHIN THE NEXT COMING WEEKS.

ALSO CITY LINK HAS PLANNING FUNDS FROM TXDOT FOR ITS REGIONAL TRANSPORTATION COORDINATION PROGRAM MANDATED BY THE FEDERAL TRANSIT ADMINISTRATION.

CITY LINK WILL UTILIZE THESE FUNDS TO COMPLETE THE FIVE YEAR PLAN UPDATE THAT IS DUE IN EARLY 2022.

I'LL BE MORE THAN HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS IF ANYBODY

HAS ANY. >> ANY QUESTIONS OF BOBBY?

>> HEY, MARY COULDN'T BE HERE BUT SHE SAID THE FIND MY ROAD BROCHURES WERE HERE OR IN, CAN YOU TELL THE BOARD A LITTLE BIT

ABOUT WHAT THOSE ARE? >> I'M SORRY I COULD ONLY HEAR PART OF THAT. BUT I KNOW EARLIER WHEN I WAS LISTENING TO CHARLIE'S PRESENTATION I COULD HEAR HIM WELL AT THAT MICROPHONE, BUT I'M HAVING TROUBLE HEARING FROM ANY

OTHER MICROPHONES IN THE ROOM. >> LET ME TRY THIS.

MARY COULDN'T BE HERE SO SHE WAS TALKING ABOUT THE FIND MY RIDE BROCHURE. SHE SAID THEY'RE IN, CAN YOU TELL THE BOARD A LITTLE BIT ABOUT THE FIND MY RIDE

BROCHURES? >> YES.

THEY'RE PART OF THE REGIONAL COORDINATION PROGRAM PLAN WE HAVE. THE COORDINATION GROUP, STAKEHOLDER GROUP, THAT WE HAVE WHICH IS CONSISTING OF ALL OF THE AREA TRANSIT AGENCIES AND ALSO SOME OF THE SERVICE ORGANIZATIONS THAT ARE AROUND THE AREA.

WE HAD DEVELOPED A BROCHURE. THE PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE BROCHURE IS TO ENCOURAGE PARTICIPATION AND POSSIBLY GROW THE STATE COMMITTEE. BUT ALSO USING THAT TO SPREAD THE WORD ABOUT THE COORDINATION EFFORTS WITHIN THE REGION BETWEEN THE DIFFERENT TRANSIT E CAN PROVIDE THE TRANSPORTATION THAT PEOPLE MAY NEED ESPECIALLY FROM SOME OF THE RURAL OR OUTLYING AREAS INTO ABILENE SINCE ABILENE TENDS TO BE THE CENTRAL HUB OF OUR AREA. BUT WE DO HAVE THOSE BROCHURES THAT WE SPENT SOME TIME ON DEVELOPING AND DESIGNING THOSE.

AND THEY ARE IN FROM THE PRINTER.

AND WE SHOULD BE SENDING THOSE OUT.

WE'LL BE DOING SOME OUTREACH GOING TO SEVERAL OF THE COUNTIES AND PROVIDING THOSE AND HOPEFULLY WE'LL BE ABLE TO INCREASE THE ATTENDANCE OF OUR STAKEHOLDER COMMITTEE AND POSSIBLY EVEN GET SOME NEW MEMBERS TO SIT ON THAT GROUP AS

WELL. >> OKAY.

ANY QUESTIONS OF BOBBY? BOBBY APPRECIATE YOUR REPORT.

HOPE YOU'RE STAYING WELL. THAT CONCLUDES ITEM EIGHT.

[9. Discussion and review of reports:]

WE WILL MOVE ON TO ITEM NUMBER NINE.

DISCUSSION OF REVIEW OF REPORTS STARTING WITH FINANCIAL STATUS.

>> INCLUDED IN YOUR PACKET IS THE FINANCIAL STATUS THROUGH THE FISCAL YEAR 2020. AND YOU CAN SEE THIS IS UPDATED AS OF MARCH 27TH AND SO WE DO HAVE THE JANUARY BILLING IS

[00:50:04]

SUBMITTED IN YOUR PACKETS. IT'S FOR 2699208.

WE ALSO RECEIVED THE WORK ORDER NUMBER TWO WHICH IS FOR 5699771 SO THAT BRINGS OUR TOTAL AUTHORIZED TO 264667.16.

OUR SPENDTURES TO DATE IS 136134.84.

THE REMAINING BALANCE IS 12853232.

I WILL POINT OUT THAT THIS DOES NOT INCLUDE OUR CARRY OVER FUNDS SO THOSE WILL BE COMING IN A THIRD WORK ORDER.

SO THAT'S OUR FINANCIAL SUMMARY, I'LL BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY

QUESTIONS Y'ALL HAVE. >> ANY QUESTIONS?

ALL RIGHT ONTO OPERATIONS. >> THE OPERATIONS REPORT IS INCLUDED IN YOUR PACKET. WE SPENT A LOT OF TIME WORKING ON THE MTP AMENDMENTS. BOTH OF THE TIPS THAT Y'ALL JUST SAW IN YOUR PACKET. WE ALSO DID A JOB DESCRIPTION FOR PART TIME OFFICE ASSISTANT AND I'LL GET INTO THAT A LITTLE BIT LATER HERE IN THE DIRECTOR'S REPORT.

WE ALSO UPDATED PERFORMANCE MEASURES, TARGETS FOR THE PM1.

WE WORKED WITH THE TRAVEL DEMAND MODEL WITH A 2045 NETWORK.

WE ALSO DID THE DRAFT 2020 LIMITED ENGLISH PROFICIENCY PLAN THAT Y'ALL JUST SAW. AND THEN WE ALSO DID THE DRAFT 2019 TRAFFIC COUNTS WHERE WE PROVIDED FEEDBACK ON THAT AND WE SHOULD BE GETTING THOSE BACK FROM TXDOT HOPEFULLY WITHIN THE NEXT SIX MONTHS OR SO. THE INITIAL RESEARCH AND DEVELOPMENT ACTIVITY ON THE MPO BOUNDARY REVIEW AND THEN WE RESEARCHED SOME OF THE PROCEDURES FOR COVID-19 AND HOW WE WOULD BE FUNCTIONING IN THE FUTURE.

I'LL BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS ON THE OPERATIONS

REPORT. >> I WOULD BE CURIOUS ON THE ONGOING TRAFFIC COUNTS AND HOW DO YOU ADJUST IT FOR THE LIMITED TRAVEL THAT WE'RE EXPERIENCING IN THE LAST 30 DAYS AND HOW MUCH LONGER IT'S GOING TO LAST? ARE YOU SEEING A TREND OR HOW IS THAT GOING TO BE ACCOUNTED FOR UNDER ANY REPORTS IN THE FUTURE?

>> NORMALLY WHEN THEY COME IN TO DO TRAFFIC COUNTS THEY DO IT ON A DAY, ONE DAY OUT OF THE YEAR IN CERTAIN LOCATIONS AND SO WHAT HAPPENS IS IF THEY KNOW THERE'S A SITUATION OR SOMETHING THAT'S IN PLACE, THEY NORMALLY WILL DELAY THOSE COUNTS OR PUSH THOSE OFF. WE DO THAT ALSO LIKE IF WE HAVE AN EVENT IN TOWN AND WE KNOW THAT EVENT IS OCCURRING THEN WE LET THEM KNOW IN ADVANCE THAT HEY WE HAVE THIS HUGE EVENT THAT'S COMING IN SO IT'S GOING TO THROW OFF THE TRAFFIC COUNTS AND SO THEY'LL EITHER MOVE THAT LOCATION OR MOVE THAT COUNT TO A DIFFERENT TIME PERIOD. SO I DON'T KNOW ON THIS COVID-19 BUT I WOULD ASSUME THAT IT'S THE SAME PROCEDURES THAT THEY WOULD DO. AND WE DON'T HAVE ANY PARTICULAR COUNTS RIGHT NOW HERE. BUT IN OTHER AREAS THEY ARE

DOING THOSE COUNTS. >> I KNOW CITY LINK REFERENCED THEIR RIDERSHIP WAS DOWN 50% SO THAT REALLY SPARKED A THOUGHT, WHAT KIND OF IMPACT DOES IT HAVE ON TRAVEL INFORMATION.

BUT IT'S APPARENTLY ACCOUNTED FOR.

>> YES, SIR, I THINK THEY TRY TO.

>> GREAT. ANY OTHER QUESTIONS ON THE OPERATIONS REPORT? OKAY.

MOVING ON TO THE DIRECTOR'S REPORT.

>> THE DIRECTOR'S REPORT, THE MPO STAFFING SO WE DID HAVE A PART TIME JOB ASSISTANT POSITION POSTED.

WE DID RECEIVE SOME APPLICATIONS BUT THEN WHEN COVID-19 HIT THOSE WERE PULLED DOWN FOR ESSENTIALS ONLY AND SO THAT WILL BE PUT UP AGAIN AT A LATER DATE IN THE FUTURE.

THE MPO LEASE WE'RE STILL WORKING WITH LEGAL TO FINALIZE THE LEASE AND THIS IS JUST A COMMUNICATION NOT WITH OUR LEGAL BUT JUST TRYING TO GET EVERYBODY IN THE SAME ROOM OR TALKING ON THE SAME TOPIC. AND SO THAT IS ONE THING THAT IS STILL DELAYED. WE DID GET COMMENTS BACK FROM LEGAL SO THOSE ARE BEING FORWARDED TO THE LOCATION AND WE'LL WAIT TO HEAR BACK FROM THEIR ATTORNEY ON IF THEY CAN LIVE WITH THOSE CHANGES OR NOT. THE MPO BOUNDARY EXPANSION, I COVERED THAT A LITTLE BIT EARLIER.

WE'RE STILL LOOKING AND DOING THE BACKGROUND LOOK RIGHT NOW.

WE HAVEN'T GOTTEN THE TAC SUB COMMITTEE TOGETHER YET SO WE'RE DOING THE BACKGROUND WORK BEFORE WE CALL A SUB COMMITTEE WHICH MAY HAVE TO BE DONE BY ZOOM OR ONE OF THE PLATFORMS OUT THERE OTHER THAN AN IN PERSON MEETING. I'LL BE HAPPY TO ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS ON THE DIRECTOR'S REPORT.

>> ANY QUESTIONS? OKAY.

MOVING ON TO ITEM NUMBER TEN, OPPORTUNITY FOR THE MEMBERS OF THE PUBLIC TO MAKE COMMENTS ON MPO ISSUES.

IF YOU WANT TO PARTICIPATE THE PHONE NUMBER IS 877-853-5257.

THE MEETING ID IS 5138730228. AND THERE'S NO ONE SHOWING UP ON THERE. WE'LL GO AHEAD AND MOVE TO ITEM NUMBER 11, OPPORTUNITY FOR BOARD MEMBERS, TECHNICAL ADVISORY COMMITTEE MEMBERS, OR MPO STAFF TO RECOMMEND TOPICS FOR FUTURE DISCUSSION OR ACTION. IS THERE ANY NEED FOR AN ITEM TO

[00:55:02]

BE ADDED TO A FUTURE AGENDA? SEEING NONE, WE'LL MOVE TO ITEM NUMBER 12 WHICH IS ADJOURNMENT. AND I APPRECIATE EVERYONE BEING HERE TODAY.

* This transcript was compiled from uncorrected Closed Captioning.